Windows 10: Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode

Discus and support Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know why nobody is talking about it, but the title bars (of everything except the explorer) remain white even with dark mode on. It looks ugly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrozenFire VR, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode

I don't know why nobody is talking about it, but the title bars (of everything except the explorer) remain white even with dark mode on. It looks ugly. I don't want to use black accents.

:)

FrozenFire VR, Oct 18, 2018

2. How do I change the Font Color to white? of the Title bar Windows 10

If you're talking about the registry hack to bring back the dark mode that was in an older version of the insider previews, it doesn't seem to break anything in the public Win 10. Neither does the Theme hack...or the combination...I'm using a combo of the
    two with no problem. I'm not in the Win10 insider program, though I wish I were. I hope the white text on title bars stays in and becomes a public upgrade unlike the dark theme.

For Reference: Here are the methods I used to get to Windows 10 "Dark Theme Mode" and colorize my title bars. The Dark Theme Mode requires registry editing...don't do it if you're not comfortable with this, as you can really screw up your system if you make
    a mistake.

Here is the link to instructions for the Dark Theme Mode:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/windows-10-how-enable-dark-theme-mode-upgrade-home-pro-edition-1514542

Here is the link to instructions for the title bar change:

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/install-aerolite-theme-in-windows-10.7717/

Again, I haven't had any problems with these.

Ruthie.Rayne, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Justdave Win User
    Black title bars and white text

Windows 10 has been out long enough...has anyone figured a way to have black (or dark) title bars with white text without using uxtheme patcher?

Justdave, Oct 18, 2018
  4. DJC
    djc Win User

Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode

Title Bar wont change

Understand that default Title Bar in Windows 10 is white, However when I click on themes (which shows various title
    bar/window borders colors (or Shades) my Title Bar stays completely white. Can anyone understand my questions & have any suggestions?

Thema:

Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode

1. Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode - Similar Threads - Title bars applications

2. Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode: I'm running 22H2 Build 22621.2428.I noticed a few days ago, when I open a file explorer, the top part of the window is white and unreadable in dark mode. I don't know exactly why it happened, but only noticed it a few days ago when I opened a file explorer.When in light mode,...
  3. Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode: I'm running 22H2 Build 22621.2428.I noticed a few days ago, when I open a file explorer, the top part of the window is white and unreadable in dark mode. I don't know exactly why it happened, but only noticed it a few days ago when I opened a file explorer.When in light mode,...
  4. Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode

Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode: The File Explorer in Windows 11 has got a visual bug in dark mode which, when accessing it from the Control Panel by pressing Alt + Up Arrow some vertical white lines show up and remain on screen as long as the window is open. They do not disappear or turn black if that...
  5. Why are windows borders still white even with the dark mode on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are windows borders still white even with the dark mode on?: Dark mode is great and it's been needed for years, but for some reason it doesn't apply to all of Windows. As you can see in the screenshot, the window borders of these software are still white even though the dark mode is on. This happen to many other programs, especially...
  6. Why are windows borders still white even with the dark mode on?

Why are windows borders still white even with the dark mode on?: Dark mode is great and it's been needed for years, but for some reason it doesn't apply to all of Windows. As you can see in the screenshot, the window borders of these software are still white even though the dark mode is on. This happen to many other programs, especially...
  7. in dark mode one bar stays white with no contrast

in Windows 10 Customization
    in dark mode one bar stays white with no contrast: On two of my desktops and one laptop in dark mode one bar is white withe no contrast. See screenpicture. I cant find why/ Help ap[ATTACH]preciated....
  8. Dark mode works.. except in my cmd/wsl title bar

Dark mode works.. except in my cmd/wsl title bar: Pretty much title.. I set my windows 10 to dark mode.. And everything has black/dark title bars. But my cmd and ubuntu.exe have white title bars and it's really annoying.. I can't figure out why or how to fix this.. Any ideas? Thanks! 159980
  9. Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode - Revived.

Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode - Revived.: Why is this topic locked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/title-bars-of-applications-still-white-even-with/db672e8c-5177-444f-8678-19dc27af0ce9 This is the first relevant result I get when searching for the problem. The issue is still a problem what...
  10. Dark mode shows white horizontal bar

Dark mode shows white horizontal bar: I don't know why but my Surface shows me that horizontal bar, can I "reset" Dark Mode? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_theme/dark-mode-shows-white-horizontal-bar/238cab5e-adcc-4adf-8367-3a21a2897bfc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows dark mode white still