Windows 10: To Download/Re-Install HP Media Smart Blue-ray to Windows 10

Discus and support To Download/Re-Install HP Media Smart Blue-ray to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Opened DVD software; forced to select yes/no update option (original Windows seven installed firmware). Software was removed and a "toolkit" download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MICHAEL_ANDREW_WILLIAMS, Jul 9, 2018.

1. To Download/Re-Install HP Media Smart Blue-ray to Windows 10

Opened DVD software; forced to select yes/no update option (original Windows seven installed firmware). Software was removed and a "toolkit" download was placed on my computer requiring payment (ransom ware). The Recovery Manager seems to perform correctly, yet, the File Explorer search on This PC fails to locate the software. Is there no straight forward direct, download/install procedure from HP or WINDOWS 10? Is there no direct contact to support persons to resolve, what should be a simple re-install?

:)

MICHAEL_ANDREW_WILLIAMS, Jul 9, 2018
  2. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

To Download/Re-Install HP Media Smart Blue-ray to Windows 10 partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

• Windows logo on a black screen
    • circling dots appear beneath the logo
    • light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    • a command prompt window (very briefly)
    • the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Law-II Win User

To Download/Re-Install HP Media Smart Blue-ray to Windows 10

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

To Download/Re-Install HP Media Smart Blue-ray to Windows 10

1. To Download/Re-Install HP Media Smart Blue-ray to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Download Install Media

2. HP Smart - unsolicited installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Smart - unsolicited installation: I Found a new app installed upon my Windows 11 machine - "HP Smart" - it had been installed automatically without my knowledge on the 28th November. As I don't have any HP Printers, this is somewhat of a mystery as to why it was installed in the first place. Having...
  3. Cannot re-download HP Smart app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot re-download HP Smart app: I have previously downloaded the HP Smart app. However, it was having a huge number of issues. I had tried all other troubleshooting options before having to resort to uninstalling and reinstalling it. It is now stuck at 4% downloaded and refuses to download any more. I have...
  4. Cannot re-download HP Smart app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot re-download HP Smart app: I have previously downloaded the HP Smart app. However, it was having a huge number of issues. I had tried all other troubleshooting options before having to resort to uninstalling and reinstalling it. It is now stuck at 4% downloaded and refuses to download any more. I have...
  5. Cannot re-download HP Smart app

6. Blue ray on Windows 10 !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue ray on Windows 10 !: Is it really possible to play a Blue-ray DVD on Windows 10 without any other equipment ? I downloaded the "ANY DVD" from the Microsoft store which states it plays Blue-ray but no joy ! Over the years I have tried VLC and others but again no joy on my Lenovo G700 LAPTOP. It is...
  7. Blue ray on Windows 10 !

Blue ray on Windows 10 !: Is it really possible to play a Blue-ray DVD on Windows 10 without any other equipment ? I downloaded the "ANY DVD" from the Microsoft store which states it plays Blue-ray but no joy ! Over the years I have tried VLC and others but again no joy on my Lenovo G700 LAPTOP. It is...
  8. HP Smart keeps re-installing. Stop or block?

HP Smart keeps re-installing. Stop or block?: A printer-related program called HP Smart keeps coming baaaack! I uninstall it, and the next time I have to look at the apps list for something, I find it back in there. There is an HP service, but I've stopped it and disabled it. I have no HP printers, but there was a...
  9. Install windows 10 onto a bootable Blue Ray or DVD disk not from a Blue Ray or DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 onto a bootable Blue Ray or DVD disk not from a Blue Ray or DVD: Hi, I want to boot into windows 10 from a Blue Ray or DVD, not a Hard Drive. How can I install windows 10 OS on an optical disk and have it boot as if it was a hard drive? When I search, I get volumes on how to install to a hard drive from an optical disk, but nothing...
  10. HP Smart app will not download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HP Smart app will not download: I need to get the HP Smart app to run my new printer but it will not download, it says starting download but nothing else is happening. I have tried restarting the computer and logging out of the Microsoft store but every time I restart and go to the store it says the HP App...