Windows 10: Top 1" of browser disappears- This is not F11 (Full Screen)

Discus and support Top 1" of browser disappears- This is not F11 (Full Screen) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At times the top of my Google Chrome will disappear and all the tabs and everything disappear and I will have a black background. It only comes back if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilliamBibb1, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Top 1" of browser disappears- This is not F11 (Full Screen)

At times the top of my Google Chrome will disappear and all the tabs and everything disappear and I will have a black background. It only comes back if I press F11. This is not full screen mode though. It happens sporadically. How can I fix this.

:)

WilliamBibb1, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing

Most likely Tablet Mode, as dmholt57 suggests.

Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10

Another posibility is accidentally pressing F11 which switches a browser to full screen mode.

3. Try3 Win User
    Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing

The combination of both items** disappearing sounds like IE/Edge going into full screen mode by pressing the F11 key.

** I think you are referring to the browser's address bar.

Denis

4. Top 1" of browser disappears- This is not F11 (Full Screen)

F11 does not work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the F11 key not working as it should be. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Did you try F11 along with FN key on the keyboard?
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Are you trying to use F11 for full screen function or any other function?

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Uninstall and Reinstall the drivers.

1. Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    2. Expand Keyboard device.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices, then select
      Uninstall device.
    4. Check the box beside Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click Ok and restart the PC.
    6. Then check you still have the issue.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Top 1" of browser disappears- This is not F11 (Full Screen)

1. Top 1" of browser disappears- This is not F11 (Full Screen) - Similar Threads - Top browser disappears

2. F11 Function key opens file explorer and doesn't make my browser full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F11 Function key opens file explorer and doesn't make my browser full screen: Hi all,Recently I've been having problems with my f11 key on my keyboard. It's a Cherry mechanical keyboard, just for context. Recently my f11 key has been opening the windows 10 file explorer, instead of making my internet browser full screen. This is obviously frustrating...
  3. F11 Function key opens file explorer and doesn't make my browser full screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F11 Function key opens file explorer and doesn't make my browser full screen: Hi all,Recently I've been having problems with my f11 key on my keyboard. It's a Cherry mechanical keyboard, just for context. Recently my f11 key has been opening the windows 10 file explorer, instead of making my internet browser full screen. This is obviously frustrating...
  4. F11 Function key opens file explorer and doesn't make my browser full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable F11 key toggling full screen.: I would like to disable the F11 key from toggling full screen. I have other programs that require use of that key and while it will perform the in-program function assigned it also toggles in and out of full screen.I've read elsewhere disabling ForceV2 in the registry editor...
  6. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable F11 key toggling full screen.: I would like to disable the F11 key from toggling full screen. I have other programs that require use of that key and while it will perform the in-program function assigned it also toggles in and out of full screen.I've read elsewhere disabling ForceV2 in the registry editor...
  7. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Top of Screen disappearing .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Top of Screen disappearing .: Hi, I am having an issue with Windows 10, I assume it's the operating system as it happens on multiple different applications. The top 2.3-3CM of my screen just turns white, and when I click on the top section my click will register on whatever application is running behind...
  9. Browser isn't in full screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser isn't in full screen.: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...
  10. Neither F11 nor fn+F11 gives me full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Neither F11 nor fn+F11 gives me full screen: My browser [Firefox] provides another method to get full screen, but it's cumbersome. Can I not get full screen with one click, as I did with my old Win7 laptop?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. browser top disappears but reaperas with f11 key

2. top of window dissapears on full screen

3. full screen monitor 1 top panel disappears

4. top of my edge window keeps disappearing in full screen,
  5. top of browser disappears