Windows 10: Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature

Discus and support Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Does anyone know how can I remove these transparent borders from the 'Notification' and 'Search' boxes? Before the latest Windows 10 build I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kouzou, Nov 13, 2015.

1. kouzou Win User

Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature

Hi,

Does anyone know how can I remove these transparent borders from the 'Notification' and 'Search' boxes?

Before the latest Windows 10 build I used a method in order to put some colour on the title bars which was this one:
    EDIT: Aerolite Theme - Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums (correct)

And I thought updating to the latest build that finaly included these colours would fix that issue but it's still there.
    Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

:)

kouzou, Nov 13, 2015

2. I would upgrade to Windows 10 if...

I hope Microsoft will add this feature. It would make the ui more consistent and it is the only feature I still miss.

If they add it anytime, they should make a lightly transparent and more bright 1-pixel-border around the active transparent title bars, and the standard lightly transparent grey 1-pixel-borders around inactive windows (the inactive windows should be darker
    too). I have a mod that brings aero glass title bars to Windows 10 and I set it like that. It looks very good!

Regards,

Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature [​IMG]

Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature [​IMG]

99Bastiboy99, Nov 13, 2015
  3. Thommo14 Win User
    Windows 10 Photos app

Also noticed that in the screenshot you uploaded that the window title bar is red but the border colour looks like it's black.

In my version of Windows my borders would be red if the title bar was red. I've been wanting Microsoft to make available to users an option that would allow window colours to be configured like they are in your screenshot.

Are you using some sort of hack for this, or is this available natively in your insider preview?

Thanks.

Thommo14, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature

That tweak messed with some settings if you updated to TH2. Go to personalization and change your W10 Theme to one of the default themes built in, and then change the color accents off. So everything goes back to black taskbar and color-less title bars etc, change the colors off for Title Bar and Start Menu and turn off transparency. Turn it all off. Reboot and then go back to your theme, change the color manually and turn on colors for titlebars and enable transparency and it should go away. That's what I did when I upgraded. I noticed the tweak messed with some things, so those are the steps I followed and it went away after using the W10 Aero Lite theme on the RTM 10240

heyyahblah, Nov 13, 2015
  5. kouzou Win User
    Oh thanks for the suggestion.
    I will try that out and I hope it works for me too.

kouzou, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature

1. Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature - Similar Threads - Transparent Borders BUG

2. Title Bar Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Title Bar Bug: I had just upgraded to Windows 11 not 30 minutes ago, and I am already having this visual issue with my title bar. This only appears to be happening in Windows Explorer. I have tried restarting Explorer with task manager, restarting my computer, to no avail. My computer is a...
  3. Title Bar Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Title Bar Bug: I had just upgraded to Windows 11 not 30 minutes ago, and I am already having this visual issue with my title bar. This only appears to be happening in Windows Explorer. I have tried restarting Explorer with task manager, restarting my computer, to no avail. My computer is a...
  4. Title Bars became transparent after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Title Bars became transparent after update: Recently I have installed Dev Preview of Win 11 Pro - build 22567.ni_release.220225-1325After successfully updating all of my apps which run as elevated Admin privileges has their titlebars translucent and the text is gone. Screenshot attached:Looking for a resolution...
  5. Is there no way to have no 1px border but have coloured title bars?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there no way to have no 1px border but have coloured title bars?: I hate this about Windows at the moment. Why do I have to choose between having an ugly 1px grey border around windows or an ugly white title bar on unselected windows when everything else is dark mode. It looks terrible. I don't see why they aren't separate options in...
  6. Title Bar Colours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title Bar Colours: In Win7 I had title bars that were graded from one colour to another along the length. They started red at the left and gradually merged to be blue at the right. How do I do this in Win10?...
  7. Colour not appearing on Title Bars, WIndow Borders & Apps on Start Menu

Colour not appearing on Title Bars, WIndow Borders & Apps on Start Menu: So recently there was an update, and after the update my colors disappeared on the start menu. It was supposed to look like the picture shown in the preview[ATTACH] But it looks like this instead[ATTACH] I have tried changing to default themes, unclicking all possible...
  8. Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?

Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?: Is there a way of changing the colour of ONLY the title bars OR the window borders? In the latest update, they seem to have changed it so that both are changed together I usually have it blue but having this colour obscures the options to the top left and having it white...
  9. Title Bar Colours

Title Bar Colours: Hi everyone. After the latest update Microsoft have finally allowed different coloured title bars, however, inactive (out of focus) windows now automatically revert to a white title bar colour. I've been searching everywhere and found no way of changing this. Adjusting the...
  10. Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars

Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars: Hi, I've been using the Aerolite theme as soon as I discovered it, as I couldn't stand white windows overlaying white windows. So I didn't know MS has added narrow borders and coloured title bars. So if you've been using that theme- well, it seems it's not needed now. And...