Windows 10: Tried to do 'show hidden files' and chaos ensued.

Discus and support Tried to do 'show hidden files' and chaos ensued. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to get to the 'Appdata' folder in C:/users/USER/ i check the 'show hidden files' box in the properties while also keeping the option for folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeoCarter1, May 12, 2019.

1. Tried to do 'show hidden files' and chaos ensued.

Trying to get to the 'Appdata' folder in C:/users/USER/ i check the 'show hidden files' box in the properties while also keeping the option for folders and sub-folders etc checked. Processes fine until it his a bump to which i click 'cancel' instead of 'ignore all' by mistake. Now most folders have disappeared from my desktop and file explorer (can still search for missing folders but other apps cannot seem to find them). Have tried multiple restarts and restarted the hidden folders process (which went fine this time) again but problem persists. Really hoping for a solution so i wont have to reset windows. Any help appreciated!

Apologies for the wall of text but annoying issue.

Thank you!

:)

LeoCarter1, May 12, 2019

2. steam games won't show up in program files(x86)

Hi,

We suggest that you check if the folder is hidden by following these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select
      OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, May 12, 2019
  3. hidden files are not showing

Hey Orko! My first suggestion would be a restart. This may fix the issue.

If it doesn't then try this:

Click on the Windows icon in the lower left corner and type folder.

• Select Show hidden files and folders from the search results.

• In the Advanced settings column, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, then click Apply.

You might also want to go into the options where hidden files option is located and turn off "hide protected system files" as this might be ticked and not letting you see some options.

I also suggest running a malwarebytes and windows defender scan on your PC.

Zackary Vanosdol, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Tried to do 'show hidden files' and chaos ensued.

1. Tried to do 'show hidden files' and chaos ensued. - Similar Threads - Tried 'show hidden

2. Hide files/folder from "Show hidden files"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide files/folder from "Show hidden files": I want to copy make media file to a usb stick. And use android device to run those media But i dont wanna my file being copy easily So i wanna ask if there is a way to hide file/folder from normal "Show hidden files" setting in file explorer Back to around 2012 i remember...
  3. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  4. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  5. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I'm in a chaos!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm in a chaos!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ok_Republic8412 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m44tt5/im_in_a_chaos/
  7. Update chaos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update chaos: Hi. Just visited my parents and found they have not been able to use their computer or access the internet for a few months because of a microsoft update. I've had a look and got nowhere. They dont have smart phones or internet access now. Passwords Microsoft require are...
  8. Minecraft Glitches and the ensuing headache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Glitches and the ensuing headache: 11/11/2019 2:51pm I have been trying to resolve this issue since 10:30am. Through the Microsoft store, I purchased Minecraft Master Collection AS A GIFT for my son. The code was sent to his email and activated through his account. With this collection, came multiple skins...
  9. Explorer looses "show hidden files" setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer looses "show hidden files" setting: Hello It seems that each time I restart Windows it forgets that I have set the "Show hidden files" option in the explorer settings. Is this just a stupid bug that I have to live with (thanks, Microsoft) or is there a solution to it? Thanks! 51863
  10. Show Hidden Files And Folders Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Hidden Files And Folders Error: Hi, I haven't updated anything today, but now when I go into Control Panel>Appearance And Personalisation>Show Hidden Files And Folders, I just get a beep and then get taken back to the desktop, with nothing happening. Other options in Control Panel seem to be fine. Has...