Windows 10: Trying to install Windows 10 from USB but keep getting prompted by blue "Recovery"...

Discus and support Trying to install Windows 10 from USB but keep getting prompted by blue "Recovery"... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to install Windows 10 from my USB driveI don't have an optical drive and I can't seem to get past this blue screen that says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steve1507, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Steve1507 Win User

Trying to install Windows 10 from USB but keep getting prompted by blue "Recovery"...

Hello, I am trying to install Windows 10 from my USB driveI don't have an optical drive and I can't seem to get past this blue screen that says "Recovery." Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

File"\Windows\system32\winload.exe

Error code: 0xc000000e

When I try to proceed it just comes right back to this screen.

I have an ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Motherboard

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm not too computer savvy so please dumb it down as best as you can!

Trying to install Windows 10 from USB but keep getting prompted by blue "Recovery"... [​IMG]

:)

Steve1507, Feb 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. thraxed Win User

Trying to install Windows 10 from USB but keep getting prompted by blue "Recovery"...

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Trying to install Windows 10 from USB but keep getting prompted by blue "Recovery"... - Similar Threads - Trying install USB

2. Computer Keeps Blue Screening when Installing Windows from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Keeps Blue Screening when Installing Windows from USB: I finished building my PC 4 hours ago and have been troubleshooting a blue screen issue ever since.When I try to install Windows from a USB, It keeps blue screening my PC at around 10% to 15% completion. The error message reads "CLOCK_WATHCHDOG_TIMEOUT".I have taken apart my...
  3. Computer Keeps Blue Screening when Installing Windows from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Keeps Blue Screening when Installing Windows from USB: I finished building my PC 4 hours ago and have been troubleshooting a blue screen issue ever since.When I try to install Windows from a USB, It keeps blue screening my PC at around 10% to 15% completion. The error message reads "CLOCK_WATHCHDOG_TIMEOUT".I have taken apart my...
  4. Computer Keeps Blue Screening when Installing Windows from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. When I try to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a USB stick, I get a blue screen and a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a USB stick, I get a blue screen and a...: When I try to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a USB stick, I get a blue screen and a blinking cursor and then the installation fails. I have a new SSD drive and 8GB of RAM. The installation doesn’t even proceed to the point where it informs me the system is not...
  6. When I try to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a USB stick, I get a blue screen and a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a USB stick, I get a blue screen and a...: When I try to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a USB stick, I get a blue screen and a blinking cursor and then the installation fails. I have a new SSD drive and 8GB of RAM. The installation doesn’t even proceed to the point where it informs me the system is not...
  7. When I try to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a USB stick, I get a blue screen and a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Blue screen when trying to install windows from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen when trying to install windows from USB: Hello, I replaced the HDD on my old Dell laptop with a new SSD. I used the windows 10 tool to make a 15GB USB I had into an installation media. I plugged in the USB and booted from it. I get the windows logo, dots start spinning, but right before I get start the installation...
  9. Trying to boot from USB and install windows 10 but getting errors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to boot from USB and install windows 10 but getting errors.: So I am trying install windows 10 (64) on my Asus G73Jh. I previously ran Ubuntu, and now when I try to install, I get the error 0xc00000f. After trying to use startup repair, I got error 0xc00000e9. Any help would be appreciated, I want to get this computer up and running...
  10. Keeps trying to boot from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keeps trying to boot from USB: Am trying to use the Windows Backup app to backup my files. I have my files backed up to an external SSD through a USB. When I boot my computer, it keeps trying to boot from the USB drive, saying something along the lines of "Starting Windows Recovery" or something like...