Windows 10: Trying to Manage Family Settings

Discus and support Trying to Manage Family Settings in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; For weeks, I've been trying to manage a family member's settings which can only be done online now. I keep getting the following error message Give us... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jtrotter54, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Trying to Manage Family Settings

For weeks, I've been trying to manage a family member's settings which can only be done online now. I keep getting the following error message

Give us a little while to fix this
    Something’s wrong on our side. For now, you may want to try searching for something else.

Can anyone assist?

:)

jtrotter54, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

UPDATE: Email from Microsoft.

Brink, Sep 28, 2019
  3. How to turn off Family safety settings

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to remove the family safety settings. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows 10

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Trying to Manage Family Settings

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Trying to Manage Family Settings

1. Trying to Manage Family Settings - Similar Threads - Trying Manage Family

2. Family Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Setting: I am trying to enable parental controls for my child using MS Family but it is giving me nothing but trouble.At first I sent the invite to the member and it allowed me to accept the invite on their side but didn't show up on my side as accepted so it still said pending. I...
  3. Family Settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Settings: So basically, I'm not sure what I did, but now whenever I try to open Google Chrome, it shows up as "Microsoft family features, you'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome". With a blue button saying "Ask by email". This have never happened...
  4. family managment

family managment: I'm trying to limit specific application of my 'kids' and this option is locked. I press on the button to activate limit application time but its shaded and nothing happened. how to make activate? my account is: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** one of my...
  5. Family settings - Manage access to apps

Family settings - Manage access to apps: We purchased our daughter her first laptop and are having issues getting the Family settings working correctly. Brief description: Setup my account, created my daughters and added her to the Family group - Age 8, We are happy to grant her permission to Netflix,...
  6. Family settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Family settings: So the family settings where not working. I took off a time restriction hours ago and then when I went to check it it said something like “something went wrong are you connected to the internet?” I figured I’d reset the computer and look if it worked. It didn’t work at all so...
  7. Family Management - Password

Family Management - Password: My child has discovered the password for our parental controls. How do I change the password? I know the current password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-management-password/44468a9d-ccc8-4f7f-aa32-14a4033ad43d"
  8. Trying to remove family settings

Trying to remove family settings: When I go to the page where it lists the people in your family, I don't see my name anywhere. How am I supposed to remove myself when I don't even show up on the list?!...
  9. Family Settings

Family Settings: The Microsoft Family program seems to automatically lock me out at 5 minutes after time is "gifted". I play a permadeath game which causes me to die and I frantically have to log in in order to not die. I've put so many hours into my characters and having them die...
  10. Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10: How to: Manage Microsoft Family Settings for Child in Windows 10 How to Manage Microsoft Family Settings for Child in Windows 10 One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and settings. It's a free...