Windows 10: Trying to start my PC with XBox 360 Controller

Discus and support Trying to start my PC with XBox 360 Controller in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I didn't know where exactly to post this one. I'm attempting to set a way to have my PC start up when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hellion1982, May 29, 2019.

1. Trying to start my PC with XBox 360 Controller

Hello,
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I didn't know where exactly to post this one.
    I'm attempting to set a way to have my PC start up when I press the center button on my wireless XBox 360 Controller. It is wireless, but the receiver is connected via a USB plugin. I heard that there's a way to do it using Bootup via USB settings, but I find threads or posts using a bootable USB device, never something like a USB device.

It's a gaming PC I put together. I updated my specs on my page (as instructed) before making this post.

So, the good news is, I'm able to wake the PC up from Sleep or shutdown using a wireless USB device, namely my mouse & keyboard. But I'm not able to do it via my controller. The nature of the problem's a bit different now, but I hope you can help me.
    I did some digging & here's what I found, on the page: Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10

Please take a look at the images below:

Trying to start my PC with XBox 360 Controller [​IMG]

01. Following the instructions on that page, I opened up Windows PowerShell as an Administrator (Image 01)
    02. I entered the Command "powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any", to see ALL the devices that can be used to wake my PC up (Image: 02).
    03. As highlighted, the XBOX controller is at the very top, so theoretically, it should work to start my PC up (Image 03)
    04. I then entered the next command, "powercfg -deviceenablewake "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows"", so I can allow the PC to wake up using the controller (Image 04)
    05. Unexpectedly, I get a message saying I do not have permission to change this setting (Image 05)

This is super odd. I'm the only user for that PC, and I'm an administrator as well. I have a solid anti-virus package running at all times, so I don't suspect malware either. Do you know of any reason this might pop up? Some setting I need to be aware of but am overlooking?
    This is a Home PC, and was never connected to any network. I'm the sole owner, although I did have Windows 10 installed by the PC service shop who assembled the PC for me. Can you suggest anything I can check to enable me to make any and all changes to the PC as I see fit? Or at least, can you please point me to some articles that can help?
    Would really appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you.

:)

Hellion1982, May 29, 2019

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, May 29, 2019
  3. XBOX 360 wireless controller and wireless gaming receiver.

Hi,

Issues with connecting your Xbox 360 Controller to your Windows 10 PC may occur if the drivers are not successfully installed. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• What is exactly happening when you tried to connect the controller?
    • Are there any error messages when you tried to connect the controller?
    • Have you tried connecting the controller using a USB cable to the PC?

In the meantime, you may visit
    How to set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
    for the step by step instructions.

4. Trying to start my PC with XBox 360 Controller

Xbox 360 Wired Controller

Hi,

The drivers for Xbox 360 Controllers are automatically installed on Windows 10. If your Xbox 360 wired controller is not detected by your PC, try plugging it into a different USB port, and then test it again.

We also suggest that you install all the critical and important updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Thema:

Trying to start my PC with XBox 360 Controller

1. Trying to start my PC with XBox 360 Controller - Similar Threads - Trying start XBox

2. My Xbox 360 controller is not woking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Xbox 360 controller is not woking: My issue is with the: "wired Xbox 360 controller" the device manager says "Unknown USB DeviceDevice descriptor request failed".I'm on Windows 10 version 21h1. By going into proprieties >Details> Hardware IDS the Vaule is: "USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE. I used to use this...
  3. My Xbox 360 controller is not woking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox 360 controller is not woking: My issue is with the: "wired Xbox 360 controller" the device manager says "Unknown USB DeviceDevice descriptor request failed".I'm on Windows 10 version 21h1. By going into proprieties >Details> Hardware IDS the Vaule is: "USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE. I used to use this...
  4. My Xbox 360 controller is not woking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wireless Xbox 360 controller for pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Xbox 360 controller for pc: So, recently I decided to pick up yakuza zero from steam and play with my old wired controller, but it turns out the usb is a bit wonky after a few years of no use. I remembered I had two wireless controllers from when I used to play 360 so all I'd have to buy is a receiver...
  6. RockCandy Xbox 360 controller not connecting to PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RockCandy Xbox 360 controller not connecting to PC.: Sometimes my Xbox 360 controller will light up when connected to my PC, then it will just die. Sometimes it works, and it says it's on and working, p1 light is lit up but when I press buttons, nothing. I've reinstalled drivers, Updated drivers and installed many things to try...
  7. Xbox 360 Controller not working on my PC

Xbox 360 Controller not working on my PC: Hello! I have a HP Envy x360 m6 Convertible Laptop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I was using Wired Xbox 360 Controller on PC just fine and Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2 were also installed. Then I uninstalled the Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2 and the uninstalling...
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless Controller not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 Wireless Controller not connecting to PC: Just got a new PC so had to resetup my xbox 360 controller with it. I've got the receiver plugged in and have installed all the drivers, however the xbox controller still won't pair. I click the pairing button on the controller and it starts searching, as soon as I click the...
  9. cant setup xbox 360 controller to pc

cant setup xbox 360 controller to pc: wasted around 60 dollars on hardware, and about 4 days trying to setup this wireless controller so I can enjoy myself on rocket league, smh. What do I need to make the damn thing work like jesus....
  10. Unable to use an xbox 360 controller on my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use an xbox 360 controller on my pc.: I can't seem to use my xbox 360 controller on my pc. My pc knows it is connected and has all the drivers installed and up to date but whenever I try to use the controller nothing will happen....