Windows 10: Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 (86x) to Windows 10 (64x)

Discus and support Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 (86x) to Windows 10 (64x) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded a 64-bit ISO (from less then legit sources *Rolleyes) and tried to open it up with Daemon Tools, didn't work, can't install 64-bit ISO's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jared20098, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 (86x) to Windows 10 (64x)

I downloaded a 64-bit ISO (from less then legit sources *Rolleyes) and tried to open it up with Daemon Tools, didn't work, can't install 64-bit ISO's on 32-bit OS's, so I slap it into the Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool, however it says the ISO or USB won't work, so I then put it into Rufus 2.2, and now I am wondering how the heck I am going to make the ISO install on a 32-bit OS! If you guys had a file I could insert, or a workaround so I could install it, that'd be great!

EDIT: The Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool seems to be working now, no idea what made it work.

:)

Jared20098, Aug 3, 2015

2. MS Sidewinder 3d pro - Win10 64X

Dear Sayan,

unfortunately it didn work also. Do you know if there is any way to contact MS engineering to "convert" or adapt this "inf" driver from 86X to 64X?

Or if you have any other ideas I'll be happy to try it.

bst rgds

Thiago

Thiago Felipe Avanci, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Win 10 Creators Update incompatible with Media Feature Pack (KB3133719)

Is it now working for someone? I still have the issue that it is not compatible. I would like to know how exactly it worked for you. the file from the April Version doesnt work. no 64x no 86x

JanGall_903, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 (86x) to Windows 10 (64x)

You can't upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit. Period. You have to do a clean install.

Mark Phelps, Aug 3, 2015
  5. That's what I was planning to do anyways, this computer is so filled with crap I need to wipe it clean. I do know that I am on a 64-bit CPU (Intel Core2 Quad CPU G6600 2.40 GHz), so I know that I can upgrade.

Jared20098, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Why did you download a 64 bit ISO from a non-legal source? What is the ISO for? If it's Windows 10 use the MediaCreationTool:

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Use the 32 bit version of MCT but download the 64 bit Windows 10, should work okay.

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  7. It's because I am a filthy, dirty pirate (ARRR) and I'm too darn lazy to download Windows 10 again. Not to mention there are 7 people in my house, so downloading stuff takes a long time.

Jared20098, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 (86x) to Windows 10 (64x)

Get up about 3AM, run MCT and get the ISO, piece of cake *chuckle*chuckle*chuckle

Seriously though, I do understand. Hope you get it worked out.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 (86x) to Windows 10 (64x)

1. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 (86x) to Windows 10 (64x) - Similar Threads - Trying upgrade 86x

2. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.: Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. purchased the upgrade for $139 and now I cant get it to work. Ive tried twice and keep getting this error. it took forever to back up and even longer to download the upgrade and then after all that I got the error message. Can...
  3. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.: Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. purchased the upgrade for $139 and now I cant get it to work. Ive tried twice and keep getting this error. it took forever to back up and even longer to download the upgrade and then after all that I got the error message. Can...
  4. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I bought and was installing Windows 10 to replace Windows 7 on my work computer. It installed Windows 10 and then to complete installation shut off the computer and restarted it and had the blue screen to complete the installation. It got to like 81% and then had an error...
  6. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I bought and was installing Windows 10 to replace Windows 7 on my work computer. It installed Windows 10 and then to complete installation shut off the computer and restarted it and had the blue screen to complete the installation. It got to like 81% and then had an error...
  7. Trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 7

Trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 7: I have tried several times and get one message to uninstall NVidia GeForce, not sure how to. Then it gets to second boot and error in migrate data. I am not very computer savvy, but would like a solution to my problem if possible. Thank you...
  8. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. It downloaded then went in to setup looking for updates and has been at 46% for almost 5 hours. Is this normal? This is my church computer and I need this to be up running for church in the morning? If I stop it and try again Monday...
  9. Trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7

Trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7: Over the past few days, I've been working to get my desktop to Windows 10. Right now, it's on Windows 7x64. I've tried: * Windows Media Creation Tool A) "Upgrade this PC now" B) "Create installation media" * USB drive from the creation tool A) Booting to it B)...
  10. trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7.

trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7.: installation stops and message says cannot validate product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/trying-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-from-windows-7/22a9a8a7-8a37-4046-bd5f-961d906a52db