Turn Language Bar OFF (hide it)

Discus and support Turn Language Bar OFF (hide it) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'd like to hide the language bar, as I did with Win7. Currently I have 2 keyboard layouts installed (German, which I use and English) My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marcomarsella, Jul 29, 2015.

1. marcomarsella Win User

Hello, I'd like to hide the language bar, as I did with Win7. Currently I have 2 keyboard layouts installed (German, which I use and English) My display language is English, and it seems I cannot remove the English keyboard layout (is it true? suggestions?) Under Win7, when only one layout was installed the Language bar would disappear automatically: any Idea about how to hide it in my case? Thanks for supporting, Marco

:)

marcomarsella, Jul 29, 2015
  2. MG&
    MG& Win User

DDE Server Window: explorer.exe aplication error 0x00007FF653D190E2 / 0x00000000000000030

Turning off auto hide for the task bar also worked for me.

MG&, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Kyah Pembaryah Win User
    Kyah Pembaryah, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Mc Ruff Win User

I think what you are looking for is under Settings
    Notifications and Actions
    Turn system icons on or off
    Then turn off Input indicator.

On my system however it turns itself back on after a reboot. So it does not appear to be working as intended yet.

Mc Ruff, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Flyfisherman Win User
    Flyfisherman, Aug 28, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I have a German keyboard and use Eng-US for display and system(American expat), the only way to get rid of it for good, as it seems to have a mind of it's own, is to go to Control Panel>Language>Options(right hand side)>input method and remove the keyboard(s) you don't have/use.

Cliff S, Aug 28, 2015
  7. Flyfisherman Win User
    I have a Swedish keyboard, only one language setting, perhaps that is the key difference why the method I mentioned above (post #3) works for me?

Best regards

Flyfisherman, Aug 28, 2015
  8. marcomarsella Win User

Hallo Cliff,

I'm in your same condition (US+GER), but how could you remodve the US keyboard, when english is your display language????

Thanks for helping,
    Marco

marcomarsella, Aug 28, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Yep! On my system(Now 10 before 8.1) that little bugger kept popping up not only after every boot/restart, but just when ever it had a mind too. When I cleaned up unused language settings, it stopped. There is a thread in Eight Forums about it too.*Smile

Cliff S, Aug 28, 2015
  10. marcomarsella Win User
    ...what I mean is that if I go into language options for english US language, Inder Input method (US) the "Remove" button is disabled,
    so there is no possibility to remove the english keyboard...

11. Cliff S New Member
    Does you settings look like these? And try Advanced settings(on left)>change language bar hot keys and remove from there.

Turn Language Bar OFF (hide it) [​IMG]

Turn Language Bar OFF (hide it) [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 28, 2015
  12. marcomarsella Win User
    Thanks... it works now!!!

13. Cliff S New Member

Glad to hear. But to see if it really holds, try restarting explorer... Task manager>processes>windows explorer>restart button bottom left

Cliff S, Aug 28, 2015
  14. marcomarsella Win User
    after restart process it holds...I'll se after restarting the complete sistem....
    Thanks again, Marco

15. Cliff S New Member
    Ok you're welcome*Smile

Cliff S, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Turn Language Bar OFF (hide it) - Similar Threads - Turn Language Bar

2. how do I turn on the keyboard backlight?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I turn on the keyboard backlight?: In the process of changing settings, I accidentally turned off the keyboard backlight so I cannot see it in the dark anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-turn-on-the-keyboard-backlight/b363df38-bacf-4bf7-b125-2c75bc1dc937
  3. ??? window over file explorer icon in task bar

??? window over file explorer icon in task bar: This is a new win10 laptop as in I picked it up yesterday morning.. I've spent the last 36 hours fully updating with latest windows updates. BUT... periodically, File Explorer turns itself on and I cannot close it. Nor can I open the window when I click on it. When I hover my...
  4. How do I *PERMANENTLY* turn off the request for me to use a PIN code during login?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I *PERMANENTLY* turn off the request for me to use a PIN code during login?: I just got a new Win10 laptop and I am completely sick of the constant requests to set up a PIN code for login. Before anyone tries to convince me how awesome it is.... I DO NOT WANT A PIN CODE !!! I have done various combinations of setting up a PIN code, deleting it in...
  5. Screen turns black when when trying to load dark images

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen turns black when when trying to load dark images: It's a really weird, whenever it loads dark images like: dark setting menu, some game loading screens and things like that the screen turns black like the monitor was turned off. 116171
  6. auto web browser on startup, I wish to turn it off

auto web browser on startup, I wish to turn it off: A web browser opens up at the top of my screen on startup, I wish to turn this off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-web-browser-on-startup-i-wish-to-turn-it-off/0b01fe58-c1dd-4a33-8e27-a80c59620d6b
  7. Can I prevent application grouping on the task bar?

Can I prevent application grouping on the task bar?: Re, Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, OS build 17134.165. Multiple running instances of Notepad, to cite one example, are being grouped on the task bar -- they cannot be individually moved. This is very undesireable behavior. How can I "uncouple" the running instances so that...
  8. Password Protected Sharing gets turned off after Win Updates?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password Protected Sharing gets turned off after Win Updates?: I've been dealing with a pesky little problem for some time and think I have discovered the source of the problem. I have a fairly extensive home network which includes my Win 10 Pro desktop, a Win 7 desktop and a Win 10 Home laptop. On a fairly regular basis, I am unable to...
  9. Sound keeps cutting off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound keeps cutting off: Please someone HELP! I have tried everything suggested to get my sound back. Started with update my driver, then tried to change settings, then uninstalled and reinstalled, and finally a system restore to an earlier date. Nothing has helped. Everyday I start the computer...
  10. Error 2147942487 Game Bar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 2147942487 Game Bar not working: When I use the windows 10 game bar and try to record, about 1-3 minutes into the recording I get an error message that says "Error 2147942487 Game Bar not working" The recording stops and everything that I recorded does not save. Why is this happening? [Moved from :...