Windows 10: Turn off forced shut off after updates?

Discus and support Turn off forced shut off after updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How can one turn off the forced (planned) shut offs after Win updates? 43087 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bingus, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Bingus Win User

Turn off forced shut off after updates?

How can one turn off the forced (planned) shut offs after Win updates?

:)

Bingus, Mar 5, 2016

2. My windows does not turn of!!!!!!!

Hi Amirmohammad999,

You should be able to turn off your PC by forcing it to shut down.

Have you tried pressing the Power button until the screen turns black and the system shuts off?

Let us know if you were able to boot your PC after force shutting it down.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Mar 5, 2016
  3. mertin_18 Win User
    upgrading windows 7 professional to windows 10 having a problem

when i upgrading my windows 7 professional to windows 10

at first i'm using it but when i turned it on again the shutting down appears in the screen

so i forced to click the off then i turn on still the shutting down appear on the screen then after how many hours

the shutting down had gone but the screen turn all blue no function . So i decided to forced again to turned off.

what i've supposed to do?

i hope you can help me to fix this

mertin_18, Mar 5, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 5, 2016
  5. Bingus Win User
    Hello Brink,

Thank you very much.

Yes, doing that helps for a while, but after a week and a few days, this option, respectively the choose of dates are not available anymore and the shut down will be forced.

And, if you miss to schedule, to set a date, so to response one of these messages after a Win update the computer will turned off, restarted at "a time you won't use it" as the messages say.

I would like to completely turn off that absurd behavior.

Many thanks again

Bingus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn off forced shut off after updates? - Similar Threads - Turn off forced

2. Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge: I was on my laptop when suddenly a heard a loud click, almost like when you manual would turn it off with the power button, and then it completely shut off. I tried turning it back on, I tried waiting a few hours to try again and nothing. I tried to charge it but the light...
  3. Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shut off and will not turn on or charge: I was on my laptop when suddenly a heard a loud click, almost like when you manual would turn it off with the power button, and then it completely shut off. I tried turning it back on, I tried waiting a few hours to try again and nothing. I tried to charge it but the light...
  4. Computer shuts off then will turn on right after

Computer shuts off then will turn on right after: Hi, I recently upgraded my computer. I replaced all parts except my GPU and the case. The issue I have is my computer will shut off and turn back on. I did the rebuild about 3 weeks ago. There are days where it won't shut down at all, then there are times it will shut off...
  5. Wifi Shutting Off and Computer Forcing Shutdown

Wifi Shutting Off and Computer Forcing Shutdown: This is the second day in a row this has happened. First I notice that I am no longer connected to the internet, and I am able to reconnect after troubleshooting, but then a window pops up saying that I am about to be signed out and the system gives me 5 minutes to save...
  6. Computer turning off after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off after shut down: My computer first wouldn't come on now it turns on after shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-after-shut-down/d576c75f-55d2-44e8-bfde-1cc69a3f9b52
  7. Update and shut off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and shut off: Hi I'm hamza I have problem last night I was updating my laptop windows 1803 to 1903 everything is ok but when the update start its freeze and still on 0% then my laptop shutdown automatically after shutdown I turn it on and it says "undoing changes made to your computer"...
  8. Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update: I turned on my laptop by accident and then windows10 tried force updating when it booted, at the same moment I was holding the power button to turn it off again. Didn’t notice the warning sign saying “do not turn off the computer” until it was too late... I am reasonably...
  9. Turn off forced update of drivers through WU?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off forced update of drivers through WU?: For me, one of the most annoying features of Windows 10 is the forced updates - unlike previous operating systems, you can't review the list of updates, and decide which ones you want to install. I've had driver updates through WU (Windows 7) screw up my machines before, and...
  10. Computer does not turn off after shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does not turn off after shutting down: Dell Optiplex 780, had Windows 7 64-bit, upgraded to Windows 10 via the free upgrade. Now every time I tell Windows 10 to shut down, it does the shut down sequence but the computer itself remains on. The power light is on and the computer itself is running. The Only way to...