Windows 10: Turn off "Show recently added apps" in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn off "Show recently added apps" in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy, Settings > Personalization > Start :: Show recently added apps This one I really spent so much time on, please if someone can help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Nov 9, 2015.

1. omidsolo Win User

Turn off "Show recently added apps" in Windows 10

Howdy,

Settings > Personalization > Start :: Show recently added apps

This one I really spent so much time on, please if someone can help me finding this one's registry address don't hesitate.
    I need to turn it off via registry only!

Cheers.

:)

omidsolo, Nov 9, 2015

2. How do I turn off newly installed application notification in Windows 10?

Thank you for your response. However, I already have "Show recently added apps" turned off, yet the "new" designation still shows up on Start | All Apps. This does not surprise me because I have had unending issues with Windows 10 not functioning as it
    should. If I'm missing something, I'd be happy to hear what it is.

bigredbird, Nov 9, 2015
  3. How do I turn off the automatic playing of audio in ads?

I have used the Windows 10 MS Privacy settings to turn OFF personalized ads. I understand that I will still receive ads. When I open my home page in MS Edge, which is CNN, the ads on that webpage begin to automatically play the audio. That was NOT happening
    until I just recently had my laptop "cleaned" and refreshed. How do I turn off the auto play feature?

Don Boomer, Nov 9, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Turn off "Show recently added apps" in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn off Show

2. Turn off Advertising ID to disable Targeted Ads in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Turn off Advertising ID to disable Targeted Ads in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft hooks up every computer running Windows 10 with an Advertising ID. This helps them to provide them with relevant ads. These advertisements are delivered to the user in the Action Center, Start Menu, as well as the advertisements inside [...] This...
  3. Turn off ads that pop up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off ads that pop up?: Recently I started getting pop up ads advertising stupid things like Terry Bradshaws ED drug. How do I stop them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-ads-that-pop-up/11364405-7e2d-4871-bbf7-e4c45a36ccf2
  4. Recently opened folders shows even though its turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently opened folders shows even though its turned off: Hi! I hope i post this in the right section. Im new to Windows 10, coming from Windows 7. On my laptop running Windows 10 Home i have set the option for showing recently opened folders/programs to off. So when i right click a item on the task bar it shouldnt display recently...
  5. cannot turn off recent files in start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot turn off recent files in start: Hi, I wanted to turn of the recent files in the Start menu (e.g. when writing the name of an app, the recently opened files appear; since this last win10 update, when you click the arrow on the right of the app's name). 1) So I turned off jump lists (in Start > Settings >...
  6. I turned off ? Recently opened items

in Windows 10 Support
    I turned off ? Recently opened items: I turned off show recently opened items in jump lists on start or the taskbar, and it works ? Someone please help me 121728
  7. Disable "Show recently added apps"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable "Show recently added apps": Hi, Strange, Settings > Personalization > Start :: I can disable "Show most used apps" and "Show recently opened apps" using this key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] "Start_TrackDocs"=dword:00000000...
  8. Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings: I have turned off the "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" setting, but I'm still getting the recent items when right clicking File Explorer in the taskbar. File Explorer seems to be the only place where the recent folders are shown. Does this...
  9. Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10: Thanks for the info Any idea if there is a limit to how many apps can do this? In 8 (unless I am misreading it) you can only get 7 apps to run like this in the background 7225
  10. Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10: [img] Brink, many thanks for great article but I got some issue here. I've tried using all the various methods you posted in this forum and Turn_On_Recent_Items_and_Frequent_Places reg file manage to enable me to use Quick Access again. But still, I'm unable view Quick...