Windows 10: Turn off web results

Discus and support Turn off web results in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I turn off web results in the search from the start menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MiguelSanchez_659, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Turn off web results

How do I turn off web results in the search from the start menu.

:)

MiguelSanchez_659, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Turn off web results 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Turn off web results a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Nov 7, 2019
  4. davefaz Win User

Turn off web results

davefaz, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Turn off web results

1. Turn off web results - Similar Threads - Turn off web

2. How to turn off "Search the Web" results in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off "Search the Web" results in Windows 11: When you run searches on Windows 11 from the operating system's Start Menu, you will get local results as well as web-based results powered by Bing by default. Microsoft introduced web search functionality in Windows 10 and has kept the feature in Windows 11. Many Windows 11...
  3. Turn off "See web results" in Search bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off "See web results" in Search bar: How can I turn off "See web results" in Search bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-see-web-results-in-search-bar/32485dd4-5e6d-4f7d-8b1d-81845fb9c973
  4. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  5. Turn Off WordPad and Word Web

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Off WordPad and Word Web: I want to only have all new and existing Word documents open, edit in the full WORD functionality and not WordPad and not Word Web. How do I disable these Windows10 capabilities? How do I know I am in full WORD functionality versus WordPad, Word Web. Thank you....
  6. Disable web results in search

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable web results in search: What am I missing here to stop getting web results when searching for stuff on my PC? Enabling "Do not allow web search" does....nothing..... [img] [img] 120609
  7. How to turn off Cortana auto web search ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off Cortana auto web search ?: When I type in cortana to search my PC, for ex: task manager..I get a stack of web site results from the web also. How do I disable the web search option on cortana , to just search PC ? If I want to search web I will use google.*Smilethanks 15063.138 / 1703 win10 82150
  8. Can't turn off "Search online and include web results" (Cortana)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't turn off "Search online and include web results" (Cortana): Hi, ever since I installed the windows anniversary update I haven't been able to disable the "Search online and include web results" in Cortana settings. When I turn it off the next time I check the setting its just turned itself back on again... Having this setting enabled...
  9. Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10 This tutorial appears to no longer work starting with at least Windows 10 build 18985. You can type what you're...
  10. Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Web Notifications for Sites in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...