Windows 10: Turn on media streaming wont click

Discus and support Turn on media streaming wont click in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i am not able to click on turn on media streaming on windows 10 machine (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Media streaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JinnishDalal, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Turn on media streaming wont click

i am not able to click on turn on media streaming on windows 10 machine (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Media streaming options). tried updating and restarting several times but it seems not to be clicking and also had tried to turn windows features on but it doesn't work.

:)

JinnishDalal, Mar 24, 2019
  2. w-green Win User

media streaming will not turn on

I need to turn on media streaming so that my camera can send photos to my PC using the home wireless network. (The camera maker's software tries to turn on media streaming itself as part of the install process, but the install fails because media streaming
    could not be turned on. So I'm trying to turn on media streaming manually.)

What happens when I try to turn media streaming on:

• In admin account, I open the "Media steaming options" settings, which says "Media streaming is not turned on". The OK button at the bottom of the dialog is grayed out.
    • I click the button that says "Turn on media streaming".
    • The cursor turns into a blue donut that spins momentarily as if waiting while something is happening. Then it goes back to being a regular cursor.
    • The button still says "Turn on media streaming". The settings dialog still says "Media streaming is not turned on". The dialog's OK button is still grayed out. In other words, it did not turn on.

System:

Windows 10 Home (64-bit) on Dell 660s. Security software at the moment is only Windows Defender + Firewall (default settings). This PC was originally running Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10 about two months ago. Media streaming
    DID work until the upgrade to Windows 10, so I don't think it's a hardware problem.

What I've tried so far, with no success:

• Going to %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player and deleting the
      .wmdb files.
    • Opening Windows Media Player and selecting Stream -> Automatically allow devices to play my media.
    • Running services.msc and making sure that the settings are
      as shown in #3 here
    • Running services.msc and verifying that Windows Search Indexing is enabled (set to Automatic).
    • Doing a
      clean boot
      and trying to turn on media streaming.
    • Removing Windows Media Player from Windows (via option 1 as shown here), rebooting, and reinstalling it.
    • Installing Dell SupportAssist and having it look for/install updated drivers.
    • Having Dell SupportAssist run a hardware checkup (no problems found).
    • Running various troubleshooters built into Windows 10 (no problems found).
    • Creating a HomeGroup and setting this PC to share pictures.
    • Creating a new Windows user account and trying to turn on media streaming from within that account.
    • From inside settings, "Reset this PC" to reinstall Windows. Then, doing 1-11 again.
    • Saying "pleeeeeeeeeeease" to my computer.

w-green, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Alanmac Win User
    media streaming not turning on

I am trying to include a Bravia TV in the list of devices with which I can share media from my Desktop computer.. When I click the "Turn On Media Streaming Button" on my Desktop computer nothing happens. I also have a Surface Pro3 and the button works normally on this and streaming to the TV is enabled from the Surface Pro. Sharing between the Desktop and the Surface Pro works normally in both directions. Any ideas for a solution?

Alanmac, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Turn on media streaming wont click

Media streaming is not turn on

Hi Jeffrey Yeo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

1. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    2. Does the button ‘Turn on media streaming’ turns back to normal after the system is restarted?
    I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Create a local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption that would have occurred due to number of reasons. So I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the ‘Turn on media streaming’
    button is working in this account.

Method 2: Turn on Services.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type services.msc and hit enter.
    3. Search for the following services.
    Start all the following services and change the Startup type accordingly.

• Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service -
      (Startup type: Automatic (Delayed Start))
    • Workstation - (Startup type: Automatic)
    • SSDP discovery Sevices – (Startup type: Manual)
    • UPnP Device Host (UPnPHost) – (Startup type: Manual)
    • Function Discovery Provider Host (FDPHost)-
      (Startup type: Automatic)
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication (FDResPub)- (Startup type: Automatic)

Method 3: Check Windows media player.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Click on Turn Windows Features on or off on the left pane.
    4. Check for Media features.
    5. Expand Media features and uncheck the box which states
      Windows Media player.
    6. Click on Yes and Ok. Now, restart the computer.
    7. After the system is restarted, follow the same steps and check the
      Windows Media player option.

Turn on media streaming wont click 0c4f6f23-c931-404f-a0d6-7afc29b71f8e?upload=true.png

Method 4: Advance sharing settings.

1. Go to Control panel > Click on Network and Internet > Click on Network and Sharing.

2. Click on Change advance sharing settings
      on the left pane.
    3. Select the options
    • Turn on network discovery.
    • Turn on file and printer sharing.
    • Allow windows to manage home group connection (recommended).
    • Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the public folders.
    • Use 128-bit encryption to help protect files sharing connections (recommended).
    • Turn off password protected sharing.
    4. Click on save changes.

Turn on media streaming wont click ef96030f-2095-4c85-bc32-8b96c8c63107?upload=true.png

Turn on media streaming wont click 5087751d-c33c-4daf-bef2-093c381f4cd8?upload=true.png

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Turn on media streaming wont click

1. Turn on media streaming wont click - Similar Threads - Turn media streaming

2. Media Streaming keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming keeps turning off: Hi. I was just wondering if someone can help me. Whenever i turn on media streaming via network and sharing centre, upon a shutdown or reboot etc it will always rever to being turned off. Is there a way to keep it turned on? Many thanks Anthony...
  3. Can't turn on Media Streaming

Can't turn on Media Streaming: "Media streaming is not turned on Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or a similar service that it depends on failed to start. Use Windows services administrative tool to find out more details about the Network Sharing Service and its dependencies." Like THAT is...
  4. media streaming unable to turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media streaming unable to turn on: How can I find ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady\ file in Windows 10? I need to rename the msrp.hds files in order to allow Netflix or Amazon streaming to play; according to Microsoft. I had no problem with either of these before the last Windows update! Help the next laptop...
  5. Media streaming is not turn on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media streaming is not turn on: OK I have posted this issue several times. The last 2 Windows update is interfering with media streaming from my PC to my Xbox. My Xbox was able to detect my PC as I set it up as a media server so that I can stream movies from my PC to my Xbox to watch on my tv but after an...
  6. Issue with Turn on Media streaming

Issue with Turn on Media streaming: I cannot turn on media streaming. When I push the button Turn on media streaming, it is not working. What can I do for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/issue-with-turn-on-media-streaming/55cb2425-df28-4c09-a79a-039d61d550b2
  7. Turn on media streaming is not working

Turn on media streaming is not working: Turn on media streaming is not working. when I click Turn on media streaming, it does not do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/turn-on-media-streaming-is-not-working/a298205b-f312-4102-8430-20e0ae887beb
  8. media streaming not turning on

media streaming not turning on: I am trying to include a Bravia TV in the list of devices with which I can share media from my Desktop computer.. When I click the "Turn On Media Streaming Button" on my Desktop computer nothing happens. I also have a Surface Pro3 and the button works normally on this and...
  9. Cannot "Turn on media streaming"

Cannot "Turn on media streaming": After upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10 media streaming is off and when the "Turn on media streaming" button is selected there is no effect, no error message, no action. Since this feature was on before the upgrade I'm assuming some dependent services where either turned off...
  10. Can not turn on Media streaming

Can not turn on Media streaming: When I click on the "Turn on media streaming", the first time I tried it I got the circle of death for about 2 minutes, then nothing happened. Status says "Media streaming is not turned on". Now when I click on "turn on media streaming" nothing happens. Any help? 41697