Windows 10: Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store

Discus and support Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; According to this TechNet page, the registry values have changed for Version 1511: 0. Notify the user before downloading the update. 1. Auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by nissimezra, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store

According to this TechNet page, the registry values have changed for Version 1511:

• 0. Notify the user before downloading the update.
    • 1. Auto install the update and then notify the user to schedule a device restart.
    • 2 (default). Auto install and restart.
    • 3. Auto install and restart at a specified time.
    • 4. Auto install and restart without end-user control.
    • 5. Turn off automatic updates.

Soyabeaner, Jan 9, 2016
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Soyabeaner, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It's still the same for the group policy in the tutorial.

The TechNet page is for something else.

Brink, Jan 9, 2016
  3. Sorry I thought they were the same registry paths because of the name "WindowsStore" in it. I wonder what the other one is for.

Soyabeaner, Jan 9, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store

Brink, Jan 9, 2016
  5. evildog1 Win User
    I'm using this reg file at my school. I hope this will stop Windows 10 from installing useless apps and games even i uninstalled all metro apps. They will be happy.

evildog1, Dec 14, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello evildog1, *Smile

You might also use the tutorial below to turn off automatic installation of suggested apps to help more.

How to Turn On or Off Automatically Installing Suggested Apps in Windows 10

Brink, Dec 14, 2016
  7. jimjoe Win User
    No effect on my machine. I did use the reg entry upthread to turn off apps updates. Once about a month ago, and again today. Doesn't seem to have any effect.

My computer is an Acer Aspire XC-704G if that info is needed. Win 10 Home.

jimjoe, Mar 18, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Jim, *Smile

Is this setting still showing as turned off in your Store settings?

It's not unusual for a Windows Update to reset some settings back to default afterwards.

Brink, Mar 18, 2017
  9. jimjoe Win User
    Hello Brink,

I don't have 'update apps automatically' on/off. I looked under Apps -> Settings, and looked on all of the pages in there.

edit: i just double checked, not there.

jimjoe, Mar 18, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It'll be in your Store app's settings instead like in Option 1.

Brink, Mar 18, 2017
  11. jimjoe Win User
    Only way I see to get in there, I have Classic Shell running, is to click on the Start Menu, and select Apps. Then click on Settings. It talks about getting notifications, but nothing about stopping Apps from updating. I see some did update since I posted earlier today about the reg entry being done.

jimjoe, Mar 18, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Are you able to open the Store app instead of Settings?

Here's a command to open the Store if needed:

ms-windows-store:

Brink, Mar 18, 2017
  13. jimjoe Win User

I'll check that. I did find a 'let these apps run in the background' page and I shut most of them off. No camera and no xbox, no onenote, etc.

jimjoe, Mar 18, 2017
  14. jimjoe Win User
    Says not found.

edit:

to be more accourate says it is not a recognized as an internal or external command . I'm in an admin shell window.

jimjoe, Mar 18, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It sounds like you may have uninstalled the Store app. If so, you will not be able to manually change the setting in the Store itself.

Just to clarify and make sure, what is your computer doing for step 4 in Option Three to not seem to have any effect?

Brink, Mar 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store - Similar Threads - Turn Off Automatic

2. how can i turn off automatic update of all apps in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i turn off automatic update of all apps in Microsoft store: how can i turn off automatic update of all apps in Microsoft store *Moved from Office insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-automatic-update-of-all-apps-in/8dd128e6-7e9d-4f0e-ae78-c08068b385d4
  3. how can i turn off automatic update of all apps in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i turn off automatic update of all apps in Microsoft store: how can i turn off automatic update of all apps in Microsoft store *Moved from Office insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-automatic-update-of-all-apps-in/8dd128e6-7e9d-4f0e-ae78-c08068b385d4
  4. Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app: Hi,We are facing an issue with users who are using Mail App in their laptop/Microsoft Surface, when they are trying to Sync the mails a warning message is popping, "You're sending automatic replies from account Turn Off /Dismiss" if we turn off still after some time it's...
  5. Turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off automatic updates: I have followed the directions for stopping the automatic updates, but when I try to execute them, it tells me I can't access that feature. How do I turn this feature off?...
  6. turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    turn off automatic updates: automatic updates in my laptop makes my browsing speed very low. how can I turn off automatic windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-automatic-updates/74d6a85a-409f-4eee-b806-5abd72a9471a
  7. Turn automatic updates off?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn automatic updates off?: Hello, i just installed windows 10 pro 64bit on my computer and would like to turn automatic updates off but cannot find the option on control panel. Can anyone help me out? 110716
  8. Is it possible to turn off automatic updates for windows 10?

Is it possible to turn off automatic updates for windows 10?: Hello, Is it possible to turn off automatic updates for windows 10? I check for updates often and would rather manually install them instead of finding out after the fact that updates we made. Thanks in advance. Stu 68977
  9. Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates

Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates: Hello. To turn off automatic updates in Windows 10, we basically need to prevent the Windows Update service from running on startup. This can be done by going to Start Menu>type 'Services'>look for a service called 'Windows Update' and double click on it>if it's already...
  10. Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...