Windows 10: Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Perfect! Many thanks, have a nice day =) Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Jun 27, 2015.

1. cocay Win User

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

Perfect! Many thanks, have a nice day =)

cocay, Nov 9, 2015
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. Have a good one as well. *Smile

Brink, Nov 9, 2015
  3. How exactly does fast startup affect boot times? Earlier I upgraded to win10 from win7. I had a slow boot time. Fast start up option was not available at that time in power options. Today just clean installed win10 and surprisingly fast start up is available and turned on by default. Boot time still slow but slightly faster by 5 seconds. Should i turn it off or leave it be?

blackbirdabhi, Nov 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello blackbirdabhi, *Smile

The details and links in the green info box at the top of the tutorial can give you more information about this to help.

If your motherboard supports Fast Boot in it's UEFI firmware settings, that'll help make it boot fast when it's enabled along with Fast Startup.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...ws-8-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  5. Thanks Brink, but is it recommended to turn on fast startup? Would it affect the performance of the computer anytime in the future?

blackbirdabhi, Nov 24, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It'll help make your computer boot faster, but some folks have experienced issues with shut down not working properly with Fast Startup turned on.

If this happens to you, then you can just turn if off with no harm no foul. *Smile

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  8. Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

Wow! =)
    --have just been doing some cleaning and slight adjustments to my machine's start-up configuration, but nothing I did shortened boot time like this enabling the 'fast startup'. Boot dropped from a normal of 2min./20sec. to 55 seconds!
    Thanks for ALL of your forum helps.

DaveGrant01, Nov 28, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 28, 2015
  10. , as it can reduce the size of hiberfil.sys by a sizable chunk.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Just my two cents.
    Cheers.[/quote] Thanks "powercfg /hibernate /type reduced" this was the trick to enable Fast Startup on my system tried all the suggestions above mentioned. Many thanks for the people who made this fantastic forum works like a charm...

Adriaan Jansens, Jan 6, 2016
  11. rtoy Win User
    In the article, the warning says that when hibernation is disabled, so is Fast Startup. I disabled hibernation and then looked in my registry at the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power

HiberbootEnabled DWORD

0 = Turn off fast startup
    1 = Turn on fast startup

The
    HiberbootEnabled DWORD is 1. Please advise?

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 26, 2016
  13. peterweb Win User

If I were to guess, the hibernate being disable over rides the fast startup settings.

peterweb, Jan 26, 2016
  14. mattpl Win User
    Hello everyone,

I have one question. When fast startup is enabled I'm getting strange shutdowns. My monitor + HDD is turning off (I hear it *Smile) but fans in case, on gpu and leds are on for about another 3-4 seconds. When I disable hibernate everything is shutting in the same time. Is it normal ?

mattpl, Feb 9, 2016
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Matt, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Yes, it's normal. It takes a bit after you shut down for your memory to be saved to the hiberfil.sys file to hibernate.

Brink, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Fast

2. hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup: is it ok to turn off fast startup bc i research about my pc bc everytime i check on my pc it says windows was not properly shutdown even i dont using my pc that time it says windows was not properly shutdown and it says windows successfully update in down of it does turning...
  3. hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup: is it ok to turn off fast startup bc i research about my pc bc everytime i check on my pc it says windows was not properly shutdown even i dont using my pc that time it says windows was not properly shutdown and it says windows successfully update in down of it does turning...
  4. hey guys is it ok to turn off fast startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows (or some other program) turned fast startup off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows (or some other program) turned fast startup off: My pc was working fine, and i quite enjoyed the feature since I still am rocking an hdd. Does anybody here know why either windows or some other program woud turn this feature off? submitted by /u/Bena437 [link] [comments]...
  6. turn on fast startup windows 10 HELP!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn on fast startup windows 10 HELP!!: Quick Start Window 10 is not available and says that some settings are managed by the system administratorPls help me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-fast-startup-windows-10/309c04e0-88c7-4439-a5e9-43c36d12e5ed
  7. "turn on fast startup" windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "turn on fast startup" windows 10: "turn on fast startup" windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-fast-startup-windows-10/2f19289e-6c94-43cb-b23a-fb8b8ee38320
  8. Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot: Would an Autoexec Bat file work? Maybe turning off hibernate (?) The problem is on my Asus UX303LA laptop with Fast Start on I can't boot from a recovery usb. If I turn off Fast Startup all is well and the computer boots. What would be be the code? Thanks 98382
  9. Fast Startup Issue - Can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup Issue - Can't turn it off: As stated in the title. Since i got the Creators Update, my computer will not shutdown and continues to "fast startup" with all my previous windows still open, even with the setting turned off. Checked the BIOS setting for this as well and made sure it was set to 0. Really...
  10. Win 10 creators update..leave fast startup on or turn off?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 creators update..leave fast startup on or turn off?: In my Lenovo Ideapad 305 I had problems with the earlier edition of win 10 so I was advised to turn off the fast start up of my pc and problem was solved,now the creators edition has been successfully installed I see the setting has been put back to fast start up with no...