Windows 10: Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer

Discus and support Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer How to Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 18, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer

How to: Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer

How to Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer

Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer [​IMG]
    Information Internet Explorer will play sounds in webpages by default in Windows. If you like, you can turn off playing all sounds in webpages (ex: YouTube) in Internet Explorer. This will effectively mute Internet Explorer without muting your system volume.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to play sounds in webpages in Internet Explorer for your account in Windows.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Options
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Options
    1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for how you would like to open Internet Options.

2. Open the step 4 below.

3. If you have step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the Advanced tab, and check (default) or uncheck Play sounds in webpages under Multimedia for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

5. If you currently have Internet Explorer open, then reload the webpage to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will modify the DWORD and string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

PlaySounds DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

Play_Background_Sounds string value

no = Off
    yes = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Play_sounds_in_webages_in_IE.reg

Download
    3. To Turn Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Play_sounds_in_webages_in_IE.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you currently have Internet Explorer open, then reload the webpage to apply.

8. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, May 18, 2016

2. Why want sound play on some websites?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Forum.

I understand that you're experiencing sound issue on some websites. I would certainly help you with this.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Does this issue persists on both Internet Explorer and Edge? have you checked reproducing the issue on any other browser?
    • Is this issue specific to some websites only?
    • Does this issue appear while playing only videos only? Are you able to play online audio files?

This issue may appear due to any recent changes on the computer that might have changed any Internet Explorer settings.

Let's try these methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Follow the steps below to make sure that “play sounds in webpages” option is active.

• Open Internet Explorer and select Tools.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Under the Advanced Tab, under the section
      Multimedia, check the Play sounds in webpages box.
    • Click on Apply, then OK.

Method 2:

Follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:

Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note:
    The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or

privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset

Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings

and add-ons. We recommend that you to note these sites before you use the Reset

Internet Explorer Settings feature and re-enable the add-ons.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I would also suggest you to check the troubleshooting steps suggested in the Adobe Flash player article:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html

Hope this helps. Please do let us know the results. feel free to write us back for any further assistance with windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Cres76 jt Win User
    Play webpage

The Play webpages is already selected but that has not restored the sound in the Chrome browser; however I can now play YouTube videos because an Internet Explorer icon now appears in the Volume mixer. I don't know how that came about in my mails account under Google I am able to play YouTube videos. As long as I use Internet Explorer I can select from favorites and play but not in Chrome. Thanks for bearing with me. I would appreciate your comments on the changed situation.

Cres76 jt, Oct 26, 2019
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

5. Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge unable to load any webpage

Hi Nemanja,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand your issue with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers dysfunctional on Windows 10 and I'd certainly help you to resolve the issue.

This happens, when the Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browser files are corrupted or due to incorrect settings.

Share this information to assist you better.
    • Do you receive any error code/message?

• Is there are any update pending or failed to install?

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already tried?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.
    Please refer to the suggestions of Abdul_Malik, replied on October 21, 2015, to fix your issue with Microsoft Edge browser.

Microsoft edge is not working properly:

Microsoft edge is not working properly..

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Internet Explorer 11 will not click on an icon in a webpage

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access submit button on web browsers, please do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined to specific web site on specific web browser?
    • Have you tried on different web browser?
    • Were you able to access different websites in Internet Explorer with no issues?
    • What exactly happens when you click on submit button?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error notification?

Step 1: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - Turn Off Play

2. Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...: Hi Forum Folke,Windows 10 has developed the intensely annoying habit of popping up a black window that displays the last media file I played using any media player, apparently, as I do NOT use Windows Media Player, I use VLC Media Player, and whatever video was last watched,...
  3. Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...: Hi Forum Folke,Windows 10 has developed the intensely annoying habit of popping up a black window that displays the last media file I played using any media player, apparently, as I do NOT use Windows Media Player, I use VLC Media Player, and whatever video was last watched,...
  4. Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.: I turned IE because of its' history showing up in the "Run" dialog (when I type "C", it shows locations) and Firefox set as default in every location in "Settings" and still get this error until I turn IE back on: 182047
  6. Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.: I turned IE because of its' history showing up in the "Run" dialog (when I type "C", it shows locations) and Firefox set as default in every location in "Settings" and still get this error until I turn IE back on: 182047
  7. error message says internet explorer is turned off

error message says internet explorer is turned off: Where do I turn on internet explorer so Quick Books will open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-says-internet-explorer-is-turned-off/f43cd214-254e-466f-a97f-8a4477abc4bb
  8. Can I turn off internet explorer 11?

Can I turn off internet explorer 11?: I have Windows 10 Home Edition and I use Firefox as my browser. Can I turn off Internet Explorer 11? I was about to but I got the message Turning off Internet Explorer 11 might affect other Windows Features and Programs installed on your computer including default...
  9. slow login after turning off internet explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    slow login after turning off internet explorer: a few days ago i decided to turn off he internet explorer feature after the restart i typed my PW in the lock screen and got the turning wheel for like a minute. on another restart it was slow too,but not as much. but after getting into the desktop i could see the icons on...
  10. Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11: How to: Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11 How to Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11 [img] Information Enterprise Mode, a compatibility mode that runs on Internet Explorer 11 (IE11), lets websites...