Windows 10: Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; @Brink I tried to edit the registry keys, it returns me an error: [img] (in English should be: Cannot edit ACSettingIndex. Error writing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by pietro99, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

@Brink
    I tried to edit the registry keys, it returns me an error:

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 [​IMG]

(in English should be: Cannot edit ACSettingIndex. Error writing the value's new contents)
    I have Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB...
    how do I fix?
    Thanks

extreme2zx, Aug 19, 2016
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

That error usually means that you do not have permission to modify the registry key in the left pane.

Double check to make sure that you set permissions for the registry key to "Allow" your account "Full control". If it won't let you, then you will need to change the owner of the key to be your account first.

Change Permissions of Objects for Users and Groups in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...html#option4s3

Brink, Aug 19, 2016
  3. it seems that only this registry key I can not edit (the other keys can edit them without problems)
    I can not even change permissions:

(Unable to save permission changes on ....
    Access is denied)

I also noticed that only SYSTEM has full permissions on this registry key:

apparently does not change any of the permits, there are other ways?

extreme2zx, Aug 19, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

You'll need to change the owner of the key to be your account first, then set permissions.

Brink, Aug 19, 2016
  5. I already tried to change owner, but always returns error Access Denied. This key looks super protected. *Eek

extreme2zx, Aug 19, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I just tested on my system, and you should be able to change the owner to be the "Administrators" group and click on OK to apply. Afterwards, go back and set permissions.

Brink, Aug 19, 2016
  7. What is your system where you tried?
    it seems only a problem in Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB on that specific key (In fact, there is not even a choice of sign-in options)
    with Home/Pro I had no problems...

extreme2zx, Aug 19, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Please post screenshots showing your owner settings as you change it to see what may be happening.

Brink, Aug 19, 2016
  9. Ok, I clicked here to change the owner (changing it with my account) and it worked:

Now it makes me change the registry key... great!

extreme2zx, Aug 19, 2016
  10. I tried to restart after changing the registry keys, unfortunately "Require sign-in" has remained ON after wakeup.
    Perhaps in LTSB version there is no way to turn it off...
    anyway, thanks for your support *Smile

extreme2zx, Aug 19, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It appears not to be an available option in LTSB. I'll install it in a VM tomorrow to see if it's the same for me.

Brink, Aug 19, 2016
  12. Yes, in fact, that option is not present... I tried the LTSB version 1607 RS1 Build 14393.

Thanks, I await your test. *Cool

extreme2zx, Aug 19, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Just tested with a Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB Build 14393 VM, and I don't have that setting either in it.

Brink, Aug 19, 2016
  14. extreme2zx, Aug 19, 2016
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sorry, I thought that you already had a password for the account.

Brink, Aug 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Require

2. turn off sign off lockdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off sign off lockdown: i need to turn off sign off lockdown so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-sign-off-lockdown/70ef4a08-af2c-4675-bd73-d706fc2bb14b
  3. Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251: I have tried under settings>accounts>sign-in options: the present option is When PC wakes up from sleep. That is grayed out -- I cannot change it. I also see "To change this, go to Settings and search for Power & sleep. I have done that, but cannot find any option to change...
  4. Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251: I have tried under settings>accounts>sign-in options: the present option is When PC wakes up from sleep. That is grayed out -- I cannot change it. I also see "To change this, go to Settings and search for Power & sleep. I have done that, but cannot find any option to change...
  5. Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to enable or disable Require Sign in on Wakeup in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Require Sign in on Wakeup in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to enable or disable Require sign in on Wakeup setting in Windows 11 or Windows 10 then you can do it with the help of the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor. By default, Windows 11/10 doesn’t require you to log in or enter your password...
  7. How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely: I have turned off the require sign in in account options. I have turned off the password requirement setting with netplwiz. I turned off the lock screen in gpedit. Windows now does not ask for a login password when I start my computer. But, after about 20 minutes of...
  8. Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off: I am the administrator and the only user of my new Lenovo X1 laptop running Windows 10. I don't want to have to type a password or use the face recognition function every time that I lift the laptop's lid. But I'm being forced by Windows to sign in every time because it will...
  9. Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Require a password on wakeup" from Power Options in Windows 10 In Windows 10, the Require Sign-in setting by default now. To help secure your PC, Windows requires users to...
  10. Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Require PIN for Pairing when Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows...