Windows 10: Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How do I enable Sets in this build? The registry method no longer works. EDIT: for anyone running it with sets enabled, can you tell me what the hex... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by swarfega, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10

Hello @consume, *Smile

I've updated Option Two. Please try again, and be sure to restart the computer afterwards to apply.

Brink, Mar 16, 2018
  2. consume Win User

Thanks, that fixed it!

consume, Mar 16, 2018
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Mar 16, 2018
  4. corylulu Win User

I tried this and it didn't work for me. I don't see it in my Multitasking settings (yes, I scrolled). I ran the regedit and verified it was set in regedit and have restarted, but I still don't see the option and it doesn't appear to be working.

I'm on 17627.1000

corylulu, Mar 28, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Cory, and welcome to Ten Forums.

I'm afraid that if you don't have Option One available, then Option Two won't work either since you don't have the Sets feature yet for some reason.

Brink, Mar 28, 2018
  6. corylulu Win User
    Thanks for the welcome and the reply!

Is there any way I can forcibly get the option? Or figure out why I don't have it? I upgraded to the insider specifically to test out the Sets feature and it would really suck if there is no way to get it. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be very much information on this topic though *Sad

corylulu, Mar 28, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The only thing is this below from the release notes for build 17618. *Sad

Sets is available for all Insiders who have opted in to rebooting your PC.

Brink, Mar 28, 2018
  8. corylulu Win User

Do you know what they mean by that? Are they just talking about having to set the Multitasking option (that I don't have) or are they saying it needs to do something internally before the Multitasking option will appear? I jumped from a non-Insider build straight into the 17627.1 build, so maybe there is some settings that were only applied in early builds that maybe I didn't get?

For the Skip Ahead builds, is there any way to update to a particular build? Or only the latest one

corylulu, Mar 29, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 29, 2018
  10. corylulu Win User
    Yeah, that would be good, but it appears I might not be able to because I'm having the same issue others are having over here.

Gfycat - Create, Discover and Share Awesome GIFs
    https://i.imgur.com/fbf3YXo.png (It previously said that it was being set by Insider build until I manually set it via Regedit)

It still lets me check for updates just fine, but no updates are showing up, so it makes me think I'm not actually in the Skip Ahead channel.

corylulu, Mar 29, 2018
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 29, 2018
  12. corylulu Win User
    Well it appears I managed to fix that part by the steps I described here. I'm installing the update now though. Hopefully that does something for me.

corylulu, Mar 29, 2018
  13. corylulu Win User

Is there anyone that can check to see if they have any registry items under

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemSettings\SettingId]

starting with "SystemSettings_MultiTasking_"that might be related to Sets/Tabs, or any setting that looks related? And if so, can they export them for me?

corylulu, Mar 29, 2018
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Here you go Cory.

SystemSettings_MultiTasking.reg

Brink, Mar 29, 2018
  15. corylulu Win User
    Thanks! But guess it's all just the same stuff I already have. Figured there would be something related to sets/tabs somewhere, but don't have a working system with Sets enabled to crosscheck.

I did the update and still not seeing Sets *Sad

corylulu, Mar 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Tabs

2. No "turn on or off Bluetooth" setting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No "turn on or off Bluetooth" setting in windows 10: I cannot turn on my Bluetooth form settings app. There is no turn on toggle button in my windows. It is missing from the action center too. I have a Lenovo desktop. Why is that? Is it because I don't have a laptop?...
  3. Turn off TAB's Caps lock function in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off TAB's Caps lock function in Windows 10: I am looking for a way to remove the caps fuction, I find it really annoing and useless. Can anybody suggest me a software that inhibitaes TAB, not the reconition of the button though (I still want to be able to use it in videogames), or a better subreddit to post in?...
  4. Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.: My problem is as above. After I turn it off, the apps will not auto start itself at startup, but after a few startups, it will start to turn on again. It annoys me to see Microsoft teams, Zoom, Origin, Steam and Spotify jumping at me everytime I boot up my computer. Is...
  5. App and browser settings, won't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    App and browser settings, won't turn off: Under app and browser section, check apps and smart screen settings and smart screen for ms store when you click off, close out , it doesn't save. any idea how to force this crap off? I swear if the MS store work and its games worked for windows 7 , there's no way in hell i...
  6. Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10: How to: Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 How to Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a...
  7. Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 Starting with Settings. This content comes in a variety of forms, and can help you discover new features within Settings, or...
  8. Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can choose which apps can receive info, send notifications, and stay up-to-date, even when you're not using them. Turning background apps off can...
  9. Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 In...
  10. Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10 [img] Information Apps for websites is a feature that uses web-to-app linking to associate an app with a website. Apps for websites was first introduced in...