Windows 10: Turn Windows Features On or Off blank

Discus and support Turn Windows Features On or Off blank in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, everytime I would open Turn Windows Features On or Off it would say "Please Wait" for a few seconds and then everything would be white. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fir, May 14, 2017.

1. FIR
    Fir Win User

Turn Windows Features On or Off blank

Hello, everytime I would open Turn Windows Features On or Off it would say "Please Wait" for a few seconds and then everything would be white. I tried sfc /scannow and it couldn't fix it, I tried dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and it said it didn't have a source even though it was meant to use Windows Updates.

:)

2. Turn windows features on or off

Hi Mikasbogdan ,

There are many possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the application to see if it helps keep the program always ON.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, May 14, 2017
  3. Turn windows features on or off

hi martin

i did what you sayd but i still get the features on or off problem. i did even a factory reset but still nothing.

mikasbogdan, May 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I guess your question is 'Can you help me fix this?'

Could you tell us what your Windows build is please?
    (Windows key + R, winver).

(If the Creator's build, there's a known problem with DISM - with a fix posted in a long thread on that in this forum).
    Creators update component store shows corruption but unable to repair - Page 9 - Windows 10 Forums

If you have updated to the Creator's build, did you notice this only after doing so?
    - i.e. can you think of anything that might have triggered this?

dalchina, May 14, 2017
  5. FIR
    Fir Win User
    Version 1511(OS Build 10586.89) I also tried repairing by using the media creation tool and a USB drive and
    I typed this command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:I:\sources\install.esd:1
    and got this error:

Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, that's a very old build. I would suggest you update it rather than trying to repair it - both involve a very similar Windows install-like procedure.

Do you have Windows updates turned off? Or simply not working?

First, try these routine maintenance procedures.
    You must first ensure your disk and file system are sound.

From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

The from an admin command prompt
    SFC /SCANNOW
    and report the summary result.

Also check your disk: is that a HDD or a SDD?
    Download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and post a screenshot of the result.

dalchina, May 15, 2017
  7. FIR
    Fir Win User
    I have Windows Update turned off so I might try to update later.
    My disk is an HDD
    I'll post results later.
    Thanks.

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, May 16, 2017
  9. FIR
    Fir Win User
  10. dalchina New Member
    Hi, before you upgrade, please, for your own sanity (!), create a disk image- if you've not done so already as we strongly recommend. Upgrading is a major change, and with change come risks.

E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot disk + external storage for images (e.g. 2x the data size you intend to image). Start with option 'Windows Backup'
    Disk imaging is the faster and safer way to defend yourself against most problems.. from ransomware to disk failure (and - oh no.. user error!).

Start using disk imaging. Regularly. Before any major change, and after a big change or a series of smaller changes. System Restore isn't enough.. it can help sometimes, but only if you turn it on (it's off by default.. absurd).

With disk images you
    a. Can restore your disk/partition in a defined time (e.g 20 to 40 mins).
    b. Have a full backup - can extract files.
    c. Can use them to rebuild your system on a new HDD (e.g.)
    d. Have peace of mind (most important!)

Get a copy of Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper (both have free options). The first is more geeky and a cut down version of a commercial product - no incremental backup. The 2nd is more straightforward, offering both differential and incremental backups. (You can read about those yourself if unsure).

Make sure you create the boot disk.. essential when dealing with an unbootable PC.
    You need large enough external storage for the image files.

dalchina, May 16, 2017
  11. FIR
    Fir Win User
    Okay I'll create a disk image but umm, well this might sound stupid but how do I upgrade? Also I messed up everytime I use Windows Updates I get errors that are usually something like 0x80XXXXXX

12. FIR
    Fir Win User
    Okay here is the chkdsk

Code: Checking file system on C:The type of the file system is NTFS.A disk check has been scheduled.Windows will now check the disk. Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 325120 file records processed. File verification completed. 14949 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 418230 index entries processed. Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found. Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Cleaning up 3383 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.Cleaning up 3383 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.Cleaning up 3383 unused security descriptors.Security descriptor verification completed. 46556 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 33748216 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 976247807 KB total disk space. 71828612 KB in 208626 files. 139944 KB in 46557 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 460203 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 903819048 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 244061951 total allocation units on disk. 225954762 allocation units available on disk.Internal Info:00 f6 04 00 af e4 03 00 ed 7f 07 00 00 00 00 00 ................94 05 00 00 ef 63 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 .....c..........Windows has finished checking your disk.Please wait while your computer restarts.[/quote] Here's the sfc /scannow:
    Code: Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Forexample C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently notsupported in offline servicing scenarios.[/quote]

13. dalchina New Member

So chkdsk passed but SFC /SCANNOW failed.

I think it was back in 1511 days that there was a problem with a dll file related to Nvidia graphics Opencl.dll which could be ignored.
    If that's the only failure in CBS.log, that's fine.

So I suggest you scan through the CBS.LOG to see what it says.

That said, if your PC is running ok, you will probably be able to upgrade successfully. (A fix for DSIM and SFC /SCANNOW failing is to effectively reinstall Windows keeping all programs and most settings- an upgrade is the same process).

Now you say Windows update is disabled; I suggest you prepare to manually upgrade, avoiding the problems, and a process I prefer as you have control.

So:
    1. Create your disk image (Macrium, using the 'Windows Backup' option).
    2. Download a Win 10 iso and prepare a bootable medium (this can be used to reattempt a failed upgrade, and as a repair tool, so worth having).

From the extensive Tutorial section which you're free to browse and search (mostly credit to @Brink):
    Download Windows 10 ISO File Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    (or you could burn the iso to a DVD)

dalchina, May 16, 2017
  14. FIR
    Fir Win User
    Okay I'm back, I updated to the creators update using the Windows 10 Update Assistant. The problem is solved, thanks.

15. dalchina New Member
    Good. Please don't forget to start using disk imaging - a second chance to recover quickly to a previous working state.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn Windows Features On or Off blank - Similar Threads - Turn Features Off

2. Turn Windows Features on or off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Windows Features on or off?: When I go to turn on some of the Windows features and click "Ok" they automatically turn themselves back off. And vice versa. Any way to stop this from happening? Am I doing something wrong?...
  3. Turn Windows Features On or Off

Turn Windows Features On or Off: Some time ago, I messed with the option of turning Windows features on or off. I was wondering what the default features are, and maybe which ones I should have on. If it helps, I have a FLEX 4-1470. Thanks....
  4. Turn windows features on or off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn windows features on or off: Every time i try to play this one game one my computer a message pops up. “An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: Collecting feature detail.” Under it shows “-> Install this feature”(which is gray and not clickable) and “-> Skip this installation”(thats blue...
  5. Turn Windows Features On/Off Blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn Windows Features On/Off Blank: when i opened up my Turn Windows Features On Or Off it was blank, i tried to fix this for 2~3 weeks and i just can't fix it! i already check all tutorial on youtube and i it all didn't work. can someone help me? already tried to run some services like the Windows Module...
  6. turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......

turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......: no option …… here what can I do ???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-features-problems/a096cbff-d166-4258-aca7-276e271d300b
  7. Turn Windows Features on or off Blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn Windows Features on or off Blank: Trying to run Age of Empires 3 and getting error code: 0x800F0831. Apparently I need to access Turn Windows Features on or off to fix this problem, but it comes up blank no matter what I try. Windows version is 10.0.16299. Thanks....
  8. Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off": Hello, I will go straight to the point here guys, I need WMP and I have installed Windows 10 Pro N recently (since my university gives free keys) I went to the windows download section in the website and downloaded the Media features Pack! The problem is, after I...
  9. Turn on/off features blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn on/off features blank: Hi all, really stumped on this one device is a windows 10 surface tablet (LTSB), that was working fine on a domain. Linked to a WSUS, and has sccm installed. I went into windows turn windows features on and off and enabled asp.net 4.5 or was it 4.6 and rebooted, now...
  10. 'Turn windows features on or off' showing up blank

in Windows 10 Support
    'Turn windows features on or off' showing up blank: -Fresh windows 10 install. [img] 16134