Windows 10: Turning off sound for CAPS LOCK key

Discus and support Turning off sound for CAPS LOCK key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before I throw my computer out the window can someone please tell me how I turn off keyboard sounds, in particular for the Caps Lock key. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gusgf, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Gusgf Win User

Turning off sound for CAPS LOCK key

Before I throw my computer out the window can someone please tell me how I turn off keyboard sounds, in particular for the Caps Lock key. I have followed instructions here but they don't match up with my version of W10. I've included a screenshot of the screen I do have. What I have noticed on the bottom 2 features is ticking / unticking them produces a delayed response, like 2-3 seconds before it's acknowledged I've toggled them!! And unticking the feature which seems to be responsible for producing the alert does nothing!

Turning off sound for CAPS LOCK key [​IMG]

...and this is what I'm seeing at the bottom of my screen when Caps Lock is toggled.

Turning off sound for CAPS LOCK key [​IMG]

It is a Logitech keyboard but have searched high and low on their settings and can't find anything that might be responsible. The only way to stop the sound is to disable the Caps Lock via the Logitech settings but this seems rather drastic.

Any thoughts?

My suspicion is it's the Logitech software for the K360 keyboard which I feel is not very good. To date I don't think I've had a Logitech device which hasn't given me grief of some sort *Sad

:)

Gusgf, Oct 14, 2019

2. Cap lock key sound

I adjusted Settings to turn on the cap lock key sound, but no matter what I do, I still can't hear the sound.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

StephenHeye, Oct 14, 2019
  3. HerbCane Win User
    HOW TO TURN ON CAP LOCK SOUND

HOW TO TURN ON CAP LOCK SOUND IN WINDOWS 10?

HerbCane, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Willabong Win User

No caps lock sound

Don't know if this will work for you?

In Settings>Ease of Access>Keyboard>next button under Toggle Keys is a button named "Turn on Toggle Keys" , if you enable this, you should be able to turn on and off the sound for Caps/Scroll/Num, by holding the "Num Lock" key for 5 seconds?

Willabong, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Turning off sound for CAPS LOCK key - Similar Threads - Turning off sound

2. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications: Windows 10 just updated and now, every time I press Caps Lock, I get an annoying pop-up:How do I turn this off for real? Nothing I've found so far works....
  3. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications: Windows 10 just updated and now, every time I press Caps Lock, I get an annoying pop-up:How do I turn this off for real? Nothing I've found so far works....
  4. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Caps Lock Turns Off Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock Turns Off Laptop: Can someone tell me what to do I saw an old thread about this problem and I want some answers I can't find anything in the internet saying how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-turns-off-laptop/754560a0-b0e1-453b-b263-a1e14a50eba1
  6. Caps Lock Turns Off Laptop

Caps Lock Turns Off Laptop: Can someone tell me what to do I saw an old thread about this problem and I want some answers I can't find anything in the internet saying how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-turns-off-laptop/754560a0-b0e1-453b-b263-a1e14a50eba1
  7. Caps lock display turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock display turn off: Caps lock display is a nuisance. It is incredible that such a terrible feature was enabled and made difficult to turn off.Nothing that works has been found on the internet....
  8. Caps lock display turn off

Caps lock display turn off: Caps lock display is a nuisance. It is incredible that such a terrible feature was enabled and made difficult to turn off.Nothing that works has been found on the internet....
  9. Caps Lock Notification Turn off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps Lock Notification Turn off?: Recently, both my HP Spectre and custom built PC have started receiving caps lock notifications, num lock notifications, and scroll lock notifications. I type using Caps Lock since it's much easier than shift but this new "feature" makes typing essays incredibly annoying...
  10. Press Shift Key to turn off Caps Lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Press Shift Key to turn off Caps Lock: In Windows 7 there was a Keyboard tab that let you use the Shift key to turn off Caps Lock, it seems to be missing in Windows 10. Anyone know how to set this? 69309