Windows 10: Two accounts

Discus and support Two accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good morning to all. I have got a hop laptop it’s a new one hp255G6 model I think I got model correct.Problem is when I login from a fresh startup it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dafydd, Nov 5, 2017.

1. dafydd Win User

Two accounts

Good morning to all.
    I have got a hop laptop it’s a new one hp255G6 model I think I got model correct.Problem is when I login from a fresh startup it shows two accounts one with my name and image other is just a blank one,now every time I want to login I have to go to bottom left and select the one with my name.
    How can I overcome this issue is it possible to delete the blank account.I also have tried to setup to login without using password etc but this two accounts is causing a problem. I’m the only user so don’t need a login password,as it’s now set to a PIN number password until I get rid of that second login that shows up.
    Hep Please. Many thanks.David.*Sad

:)

dafydd, Nov 5, 2017

2. Two email accounts, two different email notifications

Hello,

I have an Nokia E75 phone, with 7 email accounts, but I'm notified when an email was received only for primary and secondary account (diplayed on Home screen). Why ? and how can I resolve that ? Thank you.

adidraso---01, Nov 5, 2017
  3. Two email accounts, two different email notifications

Hello,

I have an Exchange accoutn and a POP3 account on my Nokia E71. Right now I have email notifiction set up for both accounts and it works. I was wondering if there was a way to configure the notifcations such that each email account has a different sounding
    notification or am I wasting my time looking for this in the settings somewhere?

thanks

zervakos---01, Nov 5, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Two accounts

Win + R keys to bring up run dialog. In the run dialog box that opens, run:
    netplwiz

In the netplwiz window that opens, remove the checkbox from the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" then click the Apply button. In the new dialog box that opens, just click the cancel button. The check will back in the option for "Users must enter a user name.....", leave it checked this time and click on OK.

That will clear out the "ghost" user on the login screen.

NavyLCDR, Nov 5, 2017
  5. dafydd Win User
    Okay will have a go at your idea.
    many thanks.

Hi. Maybe a stupid question to you, Do I really need a Microsoft login name and password. My outlook email comes through thunderbird.
    Thanks.

dafydd, Nov 5, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You don't need a Microsoft Account login. You can use just a local account if you want to.

Switch to Local Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

NavyLCDR, Nov 5, 2017
  7. dafydd Win User
    Sorry for delay in getting back to you.
    All is working okay.
    This did the job...
    Thank You very much. David

dafydd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Two accounts

1. Two accounts - Similar Threads - accounts

2. Can I recover a GroupMe account without the email or phone number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover a GroupMe account without the email or phone number?: I've lost access to both my email and phone number associated with an old GroupMe account. Without this information, is there any way I can recover my old account?...
  3. Can I recover a GroupMe account without the email or phone number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I recover a GroupMe account without the email or phone number?: I've lost access to both my email and phone number associated with an old GroupMe account. Without this information, is there any way I can recover my old account?...
  4. Windows update not allowing me to authorize nor login to my iTunes account on my HP running...

Windows update not allowing me to authorize nor login to my iTunes account on my HP running...: Windows update not allowing me to authorize nor login to my iTunes account on my new HP mini running windows 11. Removed and reinstalled iTunes from MS store, then installed from apple download still unable to authorize or sign in. Any advice?...
  5. Windows update not allowing me to authorize nor login to my iTunes account on my HP running...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update not allowing me to authorize nor login to my iTunes account on my HP running...: Windows update not allowing me to authorize nor login to my iTunes account on my new HP mini running windows 11. Removed and reinstalled iTunes from MS store, then installed from apple download still unable to authorize or sign in. Any advice?...
  6. Is it possible to use a different Microsoft account for the Xbox gaming app without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to use a different Microsoft account for the Xbox gaming app without...: I'm helping a friend with his PC and I would want to try playing Halo Infinite to test out the gaming performance. Apparently I only have the copy for that game and not my friend. Would it be possible for me to log into the Xbox gaming app with my account without interfering...
  7. Is it possible to use a different Microsoft account for the Xbox gaming app without...

Is it possible to use a different Microsoft account for the Xbox gaming app without...: I'm helping a friend with his PC and I would want to try playing Halo Infinite to test out the gaming performance. Apparently I only have the copy for that game and not my friend. Would it be possible for me to log into the Xbox gaming app with my account without interfering...
  8. bit locker key lost to a deleted account

bit locker key lost to a deleted account: Today I was randomly prompted to provide a bit locker key on start up for my laptop. I do not recall enabling this feature myself.I think my laptop was connected to a school microsoft account, which I graduated nearly 3 years ago. And since then my university has deleted this...
  9. bit locker key lost to a deleted account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bit locker key lost to a deleted account: Today I was randomly prompted to provide a bit locker key on start up for my laptop. I do not recall enabling this feature myself.I think my laptop was connected to a school microsoft account, which I graduated nearly 3 years ago. And since then my university has deleted this...
  10. bit locker key lost to a deleted account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade