Windows 10: Two-factor authentication with Microsoft Passport and Windows Hello

Discus and support Two-factor authentication with Microsoft Passport and Windows Hello in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If your app handles user data, then secure authentication should be one of your primary concerns. Identity management is a hard thing to do well,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Two-factor authentication with Microsoft Passport and Windows Hello

Source: Convenient two-factor authentication with Microsoft Passport and Windows Hello | Building Apps for Windows

Two-factor authentication with Microsoft Passport and Windows Hello [​IMG]
    Tip How to Set up a Face for Windows Hello in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Jan 25, 2016
  2. srfreeman Win User

Why should I be using a Pin code to log in to my laptop?

Creation of a PIN in Windows 10 unlocks the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) on your system board for use in authentication to and from your device via Microsoft Passprt. It makes the device itself one of the factors in multi-factor authentication. It allows
    for Public Key Authentication and/or certificate based authentication to and from your device.

Windows Hello works in conjunction with the PIN, TPM and Passport to further add a biometric factor to multi-factor authentication.

All of this is in place to replace and abolish use of the inherently insecure Password Authentication of past OS versions.

For further information or discussion you may want to refer to:

The 'Killer App' for Windows 10...

srfreeman, Jan 25, 2016
  3. Smittychat., Jan 25, 2016
Thema:

Two-factor authentication with Microsoft Passport and Windows Hello

1. Two-factor authentication with Microsoft Passport and Windows Hello - Similar Threads - factor authentication Microsoft

2. Lost access to Two-Factor Authentication as admin

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost access to Two-Factor Authentication as admin: I have a work and home account tied to my email address for Microsoft. My business is tied to my volume license account and I need to access it, so I can activate my Win10 Pro. Anyway to assist? I redone my phone recently and failed to turn off 2FA in this account before I...
  3. windows 10 two factor authentication log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 two factor authentication log in: how do i enable two factor authentication log in for windows 10 ? does the Microsoft authenticator works for the windows 10 log on purposes ? if it does how do i enable it ?...
  4. Microsoft Edge - iCloud Two-factor Authentication

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - iCloud Two-factor Authentication: I use Microsoft Windows Home edition Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630). I installed iCloud for Windows (works fine) and have two-factor authentication turned on for my Apple account.Every time I log in to iCloud, I need to request a verification code via SMS. (which works...
  5. Microsoft Edge - iCloud Two-factor Authentication

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge - iCloud Two-factor Authentication: I use Microsoft Windows Home edition Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630). I installed iCloud for Windows (works fine) and have two-factor authentication turned on for my Apple account.Every time I log in to iCloud, I need to request a verification code via SMS. (which works...
  6. 2 factor authentication

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 factor authentication: ik there is 2 factor authentication for everytime u log in ur microsoft acc but is there 2 factor authentication for everytime u log on ur pc? and if so how submitted by /u/RektMonster [link] [comments]...
  7. Two Factor Authentication Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Factor Authentication Issue: I'll start by saying this is a temp account I created specifically to ask this question on the forum. I recently switched mobile devices and I had the Microsoft Authenticator app set up with my actual account on the old phone. When i transferred data to the new phone, i...
  8. Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication: Hi....I just purchased a " Yubikey " to use with the password manager LastPass and it works very well as a two-factor authentication. I sign on to my PC with my Microsoft account and would like to use the Yubikey as a two-factor there also. I can't seem to find a procedure at...
  9. How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop: Can someone please tell me how to create a Two Factor Authentication for my Remote Desktop. I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. I recently was infected with a Ransomware virus and I am told that they probably came through my open Remote Desktop port that I use to...
  10. Does local account support Two-factor authentication?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does local account support Two-factor authentication?: I'm guessing one needs a Microsoft account for it... but I'm not sure, I would like it to first scan my fingerprint then I get prompted for a password. Does anyone know if this is possible on a local account? 91950