Windows 10: Set up Face for Windows Hello in Windows 10

Discus and support Set up Face for Windows Hello in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Set up Face for Windows Hello in Windows 10 [img] Information fingerprint [/b]or face recognition. Windows Hello, greets you by name and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Set up Face for Windows Hello in Windows 10

How to: Set up Face for Windows Hello in Windows 10

Set up Face for Windows Hello in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information fingerprint [/b]or face recognition.

Windows Hello, greets you by name and with a smile, letting you sign in without a password and providing instant, more secure access to your Windows 10 devices. Windows Hello introduces system support for biometric authentication – using your face, iris, or fingerprint to unlock your devices – with technology that is much safer than traditional passwords. You– uniquely you– plus your device are the keys to your Windows experience, apps, data and even websites and services – not a random assortment of letters and numbers that are easily forgotten, hacked, or written down and pinned to a bulletin board. Modern sensors recognize your unique personal characteristics to sign-you-in on a supporting Windows 10 device.

Starting with Windows 10 build 15007, Microsoft is bringing in some exciting improvements around how you discover and enroll into Windows Hello’s facial recognition. For devices and peripherals that support Windows Hello. you’ll now see a visual guidance that tracks your face in real-time, shows you an improved progress indicator and gives you real-time feedback to quickly and smoothly set your face up for signing in.

For more about Windows Hello, see:

This tutorial will show you how to setup Windows Hello facial recognition for signing in to Windows 10, apps, and Microsoft services.

Note Windows Hello Face Requirements:

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Setup Face for your Account in Settings
    • Option Two: To Setup Face for your Account from Sign-in Screen
    EXAMPLE: Windows Hello

OPTION ONE [/i] To Setup Face for your Account in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and click/tap on the Set up button for Face Recognition under Windows Hello on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Get started. (see screenshot below)

4. Enter your PIN to verify it's you. (see screenshot below)

5. Make sure your face is centered in the frame, and keep looking directly at your screen until it has finished. (see screenshots below)

6. Click/tap on Improve recognition and go back to step 5 above if you would like to improve recognition so Windows Hello can recognize you in different lighting conditions, face angles, or when your appearance changes (for example, your glasses). (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, click/tap on Close. (see screenshot above)

8. Turn on or off Automatically unlock the screen if we recognize your face for what you want. (see screenshot below}

9. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Setup Face for your Account from Sign-in Screen

Note This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 17083.

1. While on your sign-in screen, click/tap on the Windows Hello tile under Sign-in options. (see gif below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 7, 2015

2. Windows Hello face set up recognition registration (Not taking pictures of my face)

Please help!

I am using an ACER Aspire Vnitro 17 Black Edition with a built in Intel Realsense f200

-

Windows Hello Facial Recognition was working just fine before, but it just suddenly stopped working. I decided to disable the Facial Recognition and Register my face again.

But when setting up the Facial Recognition it just stops at the camera portion where it's supposed to be taking pictures of my face.

It just stops there and will not go forward.

I updated all the drivers for the camera but so far it is still not working. I'm stuck.

Please help!! Thanks!!

IanDevulgado, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Windows Hello face set up recognition registration (Not taking pictures of my face)

Hi Jane

I tried what you suggested and it is still not working. It's very frustrating having the Facial Recognition Feature and not being able to use it. Please help!

IanDevulgado, Dec 7, 2015
Thema:

Set up Face for Windows Hello in Windows 10

1. Set up Face for Windows Hello in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Set Face Hello

2. couldn't set up windows hello face in windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    couldn't set up windows hello face in windows 10: Namaste,I am unable to setup windows hello face ....It is showing that we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello Face............please help me with this problem .........
  3. couldn't set up windows hello face in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    couldn't set up windows hello face in windows 10: Namaste,I am unable to setup windows hello face ....It is showing that we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello Face............please help me with this problem .........
  4. couldn't set up windows hello face in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. trouble with setting up windows hello face

trouble with setting up windows hello face: my windows hello face recognition is not working. It says we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face. I bought this laptop a week ago. I tried to add face today but it is not working. If someone knows please help me fix this. My windows version is 21H1....
  6. Unable to Set Up Windows Hello Face

Unable to Set Up Windows Hello Face: Hi, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15, Windows 10 PC. I want to set up the Windows Hello Face, but it says, "This option is currently unavailable." Is the problem with my PC or do I need to get an update? Thank you!...
  7. Windows Hello Face - Searching For Face When Not Set Up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello Face - Searching For Face When Not Set Up: Hello, I have Windows Hello set up for PIN and fingerprint. I do not have it set up for face yet everytime I open my laptop my camera and IR sensors turn on and begin searching for my face. It eventually says that I need a PIN to set up Windows Hello but I already have a...
  8. Windows Hello Face Set Up

Windows Hello Face Set Up: Hello Microsoft! I am using old Asus UX31A Zenbook PC without fingerprint and it's said: We couldn't find a camera compitable with Windows Hello Face so can I set up Windows Hello Face without fingerprint? Thank you! [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 Pro - Set up a face sign-in Windows Hello Face

Windows 10 Pro - Set up a face sign-in Windows Hello Face: Hello, OS version: Windows 10 Pro I am not able to set up a windows sign in through facial recognition. In the settings, I get a message 'We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face'. I am also not able to detect the biometrics driver under 'Device...
  10. Windows Hello Face, I cannot even Set up the Windows Hello Face Recognition

Windows Hello Face, I cannot even Set up the Windows Hello Face Recognition: My computer is an DELL Inspiron 15 5577 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-i-cannot-even-set-up-the/40f0961c-0eaf-4164-9366-f7f503b159f6