Windows 10: Unable to boot PC even after using bootable installation media

Discus and support Unable to boot PC even after using bootable installation media in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently my PC crashed and I’ve been unable to reboot it despite my efforts. I created bootable installation media and haven’t had any luck in booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Firefly1409, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Unable to boot PC even after using bootable installation media

Recently my PC crashed and I’ve been unable to reboot it despite my efforts.

I created bootable installation media and haven’t had any luck in booting my PC, even after using most methods advised by the following website: How to fix Automatic Repair couldnt repair your PC - Troubleshooter.

After they didn’t work, I attempted to use the command “C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt” and was given the message “The system cannot find the path specified”.

I’m not the most tech savvy person in the world so I apologise if I’ve missed anything obvious, but does anybody have any suggestions as to fixing this?

:)

Firefly1409, Mar 29, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Unable to boot PC even after using bootable installation media

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Unable to boot PC even after using bootable installation media

1. Unable to boot PC even after using bootable installation media - Similar Threads - Unable boot using

2. Unable to boot on Windows or on bootable key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot on Windows or on bootable key: Hello,I forced the shutdown of my laptop while it was freezing because of too much disk usage ans since that it gets stuck on the Windows boot screen with the circle dot animation.After a few forced shutdowns during this screen I get on the auto repair screen but I only have...
  3. Unable to boots on Windows or on bootable key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boots on Windows or on bootable key: Hello,I forced the shutdown of my laptop while it was freezing because of too much disk usage ans since that it gets stuck on the Windows boot screen with the circle dot animation.After a few forced shutdowns during this screen I get on the auto repair screen but I only have...
  4. Unable to boots on Windows or on bootable key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boots on Windows or on bootable key: Hello,I forced the shutdown of my laptop while it was freezing because of too much disk usage ans since that it gets stuck on the Windows boot screen with the circle dot animation.After a few forced shutdowns during this screen I get on the auto repair screen but I only have...
  5. Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely: I am trying to download a Installation Bootable Media using the Media Creation tool on my USB flash drive, however every time I try it never downloads completely. I have used two different 8gb USB flash drives and a 16gb USB flash drive. Whenever I use the two different 8gb...
  6. Showing disk error even after booting with a bootable usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Showing disk error even after booting with a bootable usb: Hi,I am Rishad So basically the C:drive of my pc showed error about 2 weeks ago. Then I ran chkdsk to repair the error but I did not got any good result. So, I booted my pc with a bootable usb and the booting process went successfully.But I am still getting notification to...
  7. Unable to install Windows using bootable USB.

Unable to install Windows using bootable USB.: I had Windows 10 installed in my machine and the C: drive was bitlocker encrypted. Now, that my system crashed, I want to install Windows afresh. But while booting the USB drive, the drives don't show up. It asked me to load drives so tried loading drivers but that didn't...
  8. Unable to boot PC after installing updates

Unable to boot PC after installing updates: hi up until a few weeks ago my pc was working fine,then while I was out my daughter accepted an update from then on my pc won't load desktop! also task manager. I've tried a couple of youtube options to no avail. I left it as I got stressed now I want it to work. can...
  9. Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool: I have troubles downloading windows 10 using media creation tool. I used a USB to get a copy of windows 10 for my new computer but the Windows 10 setup uses the wrong disk space. I used a Removable Disk (F:) but instead it tries to connect to the other disk space. What should...
  10. PC unable to boot after Clean Installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC unable to boot after Clean Installation: I did a windows 10 clean install on my used Asus d550ma. It no longer boots or start up to windows. 1st it showed PC unable to reset and repeatedly did an automatic repair and diagnose which failed each time. So I tried using the options in the advanced recovery method after...