Windows 10: Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center

Discus and support Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was just wondering if the problem of not being able to select color changes in the "start, taskbar and action center" section of personalization is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JerryMoDe, Jul 28, 2019.

1. JerryMoDe Win User

Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center

I was just wondering if the problem of not being able to select color changes in the "start, taskbar and action center" section of personalization is ever going to be fixed. This problem was introduced in Feature update, Windows 10, Version 1903. Thanks

:)

JerryMoDe, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

Hello dogpark, *Smile

It looks like if you select "Light" for "Choose your default Windows mode", you are unable to check/uncheck "Start, taskbar, and action center".

Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10

Brink, Jul 28, 2019
  3. dogpark Win User
    I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

Hi Brink,

That is correct.

Yesterday after the upgrade to 1903 I changed wallpaper themes & my taskbar immediately went white.

I downloaded your bat file & gave that a try last night.
    If the value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Themes \ Personalize ColorPrevalence is 0, then "Start, taskbar, and action center" is grayed out & I cannot change the taskbar color. It is white.

If I change ColorPrevalence to 1, then a check mark is automatically placed in "Start, taskbar, and action center" & the taskbar is no longer white. I can change taskbar colors, however "Start, taskbar, and action center" is still grayed out & I cannot uncheck it.

In Dark mode I have full control as I should. "Start, taskbar, and action center" is not grayed out. I can check / uncheck it.

Using your tutorial for local account I created one & the taskbar colors work just as they should. "Start, taskbar, and action center" is not grayed out. Both Light & Dark mode.

This happened once before after an upgrade, I couldn't figure it out & eventually re-installed Windows.
    Thought I'd ask beforehand this time.

*Smile

p.s. I'm not using high contrast, aero (transparency, etc). A Dell D630, trying to keep resources low.

dogpark, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center

Changing the color of the Taskbar in Windows 10 ONLY

Tweak Colorization Settings for Titlebar, Taskbar and Start Menu in Windows 10 - AskVG

This article explains 4 scenarios:

• Colorized Taskbar, Start Menu, Action Center and White Titlebar

• Colorized Titlebar and Dark Taskbar, Start Menu, Action Center

• Colorized Taskbar, Titlebar and Dark Start Menu, Action Center
    • Colorized Taskbar, White Titlebar and Dark Start Menu, Action Center
    • You should go for the first one

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center

1. Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center - Similar Threads - Unable change colors

2. Why can't change the color of start, taskbar and action center on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't change the color of start, taskbar and action center on Windows 10?: Hi Microsoft! I'm trying to change the color of start, taskbar and action center on my Windows 10 PC. But when I open settings and go to Personalization>Colors, and choose an accent color, it only applies to the title bars and window borders. There's the Show accent color on...
  3. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  4. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  5. start taskbar action center color stuck after 1909 update

start taskbar action center color stuck after 1909 update: after upgrading to 1909 can't change color i have to either enable windws default theme or darkmode in order to have dynamic taskbar color chaning ,,is there any solution [ATTACH]...
  6. Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center

Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center: On the Personalization setting, I am not able to click open the option for changing colors on Taskbar, start and action center. What can I check to turn this option on? I am not tech savvy, so please give me step by step details. This is on Windows 10....
  7. Can not select Start, taskbar, and action center (In the Personalization/Colors)

Can not select Start, taskbar, and action center (In the Personalization/Colors): In the Personalization/Colors (Show accent color on the following surfaces) I can not select Start, taskbar, and action center only Title bars is available. Any help in this regard will be much appreciated. Thank you...
  8. I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.: Hi, updated to 1903, all went well. Until I selected another background theme, then my taskbar turned white *Confused Now I cannot select Start, taskbar & action center in windows 10 color settings. It is grayed out. [img] If I change "choose your color" from Light to...
  9. Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...

Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...: I'm a tad confused. :/ I have Windows 10 installed on a PC at work and two PCs at home (Home and Professional). But on my home PC the Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed, but "Transparency effects" is...
  10. Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Show Color on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes a new black system theme across the Start menu, Taskbar, and Action Center. There is now support...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot change color of taskbar

2. windows 10 unable to set taskbar color

3. cannot change taskbar color windows 10

4. unable to check show color on start taskbar and action center,
  5. cannot check start taskbar and action center,
  6. start taskbar action center button not choosable,
  7. color start menu and taskbar not there,
  8. dont ahv e access to showing colorso n task bar windows ten education,
  9. task bar not changing color after selecting personalize,
  10. cannot click on start taskbar and action centre button,
  11. windows 10 personalization start taskbar action center colors not working,
  12. windows 10 colors start taskbar and action center wont turn on,
  13. start taskbar and action center not changing colour,
  14. cant change taskbar color grayed out,
  15. start taskbar and action center not working