Windows 10: unable to change win10 pro password

Discus and support unable to change win10 pro password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I set up my local user password on my new PC but tried to change it in Settings but clicked on the Change tab nothing happened just got a quick... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Sandude, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Sandude Win User

unable to change win10 pro password

I set up my local user password on my new PC but tried to change it in Settings but clicked on the Change tab nothing happened just got a quick hourglass timer icon. This is so frustrating such a simple thing made difficult by MS
    Please advise

:)

Sandude, Sep 27, 2016

2. Cannot find and join homegroup after windows 10 upgrade

Changed the password on the Win7 computer where the homegroup was created. Still unable to connect to the homegroup on the Win10 computer

DonGoldenCo, Sep 27, 2016
  3. Juerg_728 Win User
    Windows 10 Pro- setting disable lock screen does not disable the lock screen

I am experiencing the same problem of NoLockScreen not having any effect on Win10 Pro.

In addition, under Power Options, I cannot see the 'Require a Password on Wake up'. Hence, I am unable to apply the above steps.

There has to be a solution to bypass the lock screen on startup. Please help.

Thank you and kind regards

Juerg_728, Sep 27, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 27, 2016
  5. Sandude Win User
    I tried all that to no avail however it seems I was logging into a MS account which I was unaware of so I managed to switch to a local account and now I can change user name/password. Talk about being hi-jacked !

Sandude, Sep 27, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad you got it sorted. *Smile

It sounds like you may have signed in to the Store (or some app) with your Microsoft account, and missed checking the option to only sign in to the app instead of switching to a Microsoft account.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. unable to change win10 pro password - Similar Threads - unable change win10

2. Unable to change domain password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change domain password: Hi,I have an industrial PC that was initially setup by a coworker. Whenever we start the windows we get the following message:"Your password has expired and must be changed " And after that point no matter I try I receive the following error:"Configuration information could...
  3. Unable to change domain password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change domain password: Hi,I have an industrial PC that was initially setup by a coworker. Whenever we start the windows we get the following message:"Your password has expired and must be changed " And after that point no matter I try I receive the following error:"Configuration information could...
  4. Unable to Change Computer Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Change Computer Password: I have a big problem here. I will explain...When I set up my new Windows 10 PC I set up the Password using an email address which has now since been deactivated for over two years. It is no longer recoverable according to Google...!Now, when I went in to change my Password it...
  5. Win10 Pro PC Not Asking for Password on Wake

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Pro PC Not Asking for Password on Wake: Hello, I recently had to copy a bunch of files from ole external drive to a new external drive. I knew it would take several hours (if not more) so I changed my settings to sleep after 5 hours so there were no interruptions. Upon changing the settings back to 25 minutes, it...
  6. Windows 10 Pro unable to change laptop password

Windows 10 Pro unable to change laptop password: I can't change my laptop password I can't see the option to change my laptop password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-unable-to-change-laptop-password/2a6540a9-6f2c-4fb3-922e-c524ea48d64d
  7. Unable to change lockscreen password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change lockscreen password: Hey, I'm hoping for help on how to change my lockscreen password on my pc. I can't seem to change any password other than my actual Microsoft account password which doesn't affect my lockscreen password. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/j0ckstancer [link]...
  8. Unable to change password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change password: I've tried going CTRL + ALT + DEL and selecting 'Change Password' but when i go to click 'change password' after typing in my old password and a new one, it comes up with the following message: Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either...
  9. Unable to change BitLocker password

Unable to change BitLocker password: Hi everyone, I am using Windows 10 Pro with an admin user connected to my Office 365 I am logging in using my email, which is not Microsoft email. BitLocker is enabled by default, but I do not see the option to change the BL password, nor do I see the option to ask for...
  10. Win10 Unable to change default cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Unable to change default cursor: Tried to change default cursor. From Settings I chose black, just the default size...hit apply. no change. From Ease of access, tried all nine variables, hit apply each time, no change From control panel I get the same menu as Settings. Same result. When I hit apply, the...