Windows 10: unable to create new folder anywhere

Discus and support unable to create new folder anywhere in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Lately I have been facing this problem of not being able to create new folder. The "New" option in the right click is missing and I am not able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Musheer Ahmed, Jan 28, 2016.

1. unable to create new folder anywhere

Hello
    Lately I have been facing this problem of not being able to create new folder. The "New" option in the right click is missing and I am not able to create anything new. Please somebody help me.

:)

Musheer Ahmed, Jan 28, 2016

2. Can't create new folder anywhere on Computer windows 10

I am trying to create a new folder anywhere like my pictures and I can't I click on the button to create new folder or hit ctrl shift n and it doesn't do anything

Kevin-Billerbeck, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Can't create new folder anywhere on Computer windows 10

Hi Kevin,

Corrupted system file is one of the reasons why this issue occurs. For us to understand your concern better, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages or error code that may explain the problem?
    • Were there any changes, recent updates, and newly installed applications on your device that may have affected your computer's performance?
    • Which version and build of Windows device are you using? To verify your Windows, press
      Windows + R to open the Run window. Type WINVER
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Have you installed the latest
      Windows update
      ?

To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest performing safe mode. If the problem doesn't happen in safe mode, we'll know default settings and basic device drivers aren't causing the issue.

To do this:

• First, click Start, then type and select Settings.
    • Select Update & security, then select Recovery.
    • Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options, then click Startup Settings.
    • Select Restart.
    • Lastly, after your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select
      4 or F4
      to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select
      5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once you enter safe mode, try to create a folder and check if it works.

If the issue still persists, we suggest the following:

Run the
    System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)
    , this utility scans and restore corrupted files.

Create a local user or administrator account and check if it works.

Update us on the result.

Marvelos Reg, Jan 28, 2016
  4. unable to create new folder anywhere

Does the keyboard shortcut still work ("Ctrl + Shift + N")?

lehnerus2000, Jan 28, 2016
  5. brummyfan Win User
    brummyfan, Jan 28, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    There is an easier way....right click on Documents and choose New Folder.

dencal, Jan 28, 2016
  7. No its not working. I have tried it.

8. unable to create new folder anywhere

9. When I need a new folder like in downloads, docs or pictures I just click on the icon for it and once where you want it I right click and rename it

hTconeM9user, Jan 28, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Musher Ahmed,
    Use the tutorial given by brumyfan and that will fix your problem.

davidhk, Jan 28, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Jan 28, 2016
  12. thanks man.... It worked

Musheer Ahmed, Jan 29, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

unable to create new folder anywhere

Wonderful.
    Please specify which one you used so I can keep it on file.
    If you have no other question related to the original problem, please mark this thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

unable to create new folder anywhere

1. unable to create new folder anywhere - Similar Threads - unable create folder

2. I Cannot create new folders anywhere.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Cannot create new folders anywhere.: I cannot create any new folders. I have checked that my account is administrator, I have run System File Checker SFC and troubleshooted the files and folders. I have disabled my McAfee protector and used windows own protection and then disabled it on files and folders....
  3. Unable to create new folder

Unable to create new folder: Unable to create a new folder in Windows 10, 64 bit. When I right click on "New" the flag shows "empty". I have seen other similar questions. Is this a generic MS fault?...
  4. Unable to Create New Folder

Unable to Create New Folder: Hello, I am not able to create a new folder in Windows 10. I have tried with basic regedit stuff but unfortunately, that didn't work for me. KINDLY HELP !...
  5. Can't create a folder anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't create a folder anywhere: Hi, as the title says, I can not do it. I have tried creating a new registry file with the long code inside the shallax folder (which most of the tutorials suggested), nothing. Please help? submitted by /u/shvrhd [link] [comments]...
  6. Unable to create a new folder

Unable to create a new folder: If you don't want to modify the Registry and want a ready-made Registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and then run the extracted .REG file: Download Registry Script to Restore "New" Option in Windows Context Menu It'll ask...
  7. Unable to create new folder

Unable to create new folder: Hi... I'm unable to create new folder or new file by any method such as right mouse click or new folder option in the ribbon and quick access toolbar. I can only do it by typing commands in cmd or pwsh. Also, new option doesn't show up by right clicking of mouse. Below is...
  8. Can't create folders anywhere

Can't create folders anywhere: I accidentally deleted both desktop.ini files after moving some files into new folders from the actual desktop, then emptied the recycle bin. When I rebooted, I noticed right away that one file was missing and I assumed it was One of the files came back, but the other did...
  9. Unable to create a new file or folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to create a new file or folder: I cannot create a new file because my computer freezes when I hover a cursor on the word “new” that is on the right click menu. I’ve had this problem since the last Windows update...
  10. cant create a new folder anywhere in windows 10

cant create a new folder anywhere in windows 10: I can't create a new empty folder in my dockuments or on the desktop! Hasn't been an issue until today! ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-a-new-folder-anywhere-in-windows-10/0dad9ac7-6498-4423-a620-e3b85fe56498"