Windows 10: Unable to hide NVIDIA Driver update

Discus and support Unable to hide NVIDIA Driver update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am attempting to hide the driver update for my NVIDIA Grapgics card as the one from Microsoft causes me problems. I am using this program from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mrnapolean1, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Unable to hide NVIDIA Driver update

I am attempting to hide the driver update for my NVIDIA Grapgics card as the one from Microsoft causes me problems.

I am using this program from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

It doesn't matter how many times I run it the Driver update will not hide and therefore I am unable to update my computer without installing this troublesome update.

:)

mrnapolean1, Nov 3, 2015

2. update install issues

Then just hide the Office updates.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 3, 2015
  3. Driver power state failure

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys

The newest driver of Nvidia which your system has installed is somewhat buggy as I can see a lot of users reporting the same BSOD. The way out you have:

First of all, remove everything of Nvidia using DDU and install the older driver available from Nvidia's website,

Nvidia DDU:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-dri...

Reboot and Install the driver.

The next step would be to block WU to install the buggy driver update. For this, download:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F2...

Click on "Hide updates" option and you'll be able to hide the desired update given in the list.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Unable to hide NVIDIA Driver update

Brink, Nov 3, 2015
  5. What I am trying to do is install Updates from WU but In order to get those updates I am forced to install the update for my Graphics card. I do not use Microsoft Driver updates as they do nothing but cause trouble.

I only install NVIDIA drivers from geforce.com.

I just wish Microsoft didn't change Windows Update.

mrnapolean1, Nov 3, 2015
  6. Jeeves Win User
    @mrnapolean1
    You are not the first person complaining that WuShowHide does not hide/block a driver graphic card update.
    I don't know if it is a bug or by design whatever the reason.

Anyway, the solution provided by Brink should stop Microsoft device driver automatic updates, but still allow other kinds of Windows updates other than drivers. Besides you can download and install the manufacturer device driver from the Nvidia control panel, checking for updates.

Jeeves, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to hide NVIDIA Driver update

1. Unable to hide NVIDIA Driver update - Similar Threads - Unable hide NVIDIA

2. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  3. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  4. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to update NVIDIA Graphic Driver on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update NVIDIA Graphic Driver on Windows 11: The installation of NVIDIA Graphic Driver fails everytime, I have several different ways of updating it but everyone in the end shows up the same result "FAILED"....
  6. Unable to update NVIDIA Graphic Driver on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update NVIDIA Graphic Driver on Windows 11: The installation of NVIDIA Graphic Driver fails everytime, I have several different ways of updating it but everyone in the end shows up the same result "FAILED"....
  7. Unable to update NVidia graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update NVidia graphics driver.: I'm unable to properly update my graphics Driver. It is a NVidia RTX 2080. Within about 20% of the install the computer reboots. This is not normal. Normally the display will go black then come back and the installation will finish, but not reboot the computer in the process....
  8. updating nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    updating nvidia drivers: my laptop is alienware 17 r5 i9 and it has nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics card. i am currently on windows 10 build 1809 is having the latest windows build a requirement to install new drivers? i asked a nvidia support agent about that. he said that the new drivers are...
  9. How to permanently hide a nvidia driver update that Windows 10 forces

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to permanently hide a nvidia driver update that Windows 10 forces: I'd have understood what was up if this happened on a PC, but my laptop uses manufacturer SPECIFIC nvidia updates from Dell that matches the MOBILE gpu in this specific inspiron 5558 laptop. Yes it's not updated as much and that the latest update is from mid 2017 or something...
  10. KB3073930 will not hide Nvidia driver update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3073930 will not hide Nvidia driver update: I pride myself in researching and figure things out but just can't get this one. I know I have the most recent NVidia driver from their website. My video is gone. I also know all about the show/hide "troubleshooter" (should be called fix a bad MS decision shooter)...anyway,...