Windows 10: Unable to kill spellcheck (red sguiggly line) in IE11 thru Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to kill spellcheck (red sguiggly line) in IE11 thru Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Edition - Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version - 1709 OS Build - 16299.125 IE11 has no setting for spellcheck in "Manage add-ons". "Highlight... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by risug, Feb 3, 2018.

1. risug Win User

Unable to kill spellcheck (red sguiggly line) in IE11 thru Windows 10

Edition - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Version - 1709

OS Build - 16299.125

IE11 has no setting for spellcheck in "Manage add-ons".

"Highlight misspelled words" is turned off in Windows 10.

Renamed "MsSpellCheckingHost" in System32, also renamed "MsSpellCheckingFacility.dll" in System 32 and SysWOW64.

"EnableSpellchecking" DWORD is set to 0=off in registry.

Yet, spellcheck persists in IE11. How?

:)

risug, Feb 3, 2018

2. Unable to get rid of continuing spellcheck red wiggly line.

Hello, Can anyone help please? Since installing windows 10 I've had a problem with the red spell check wiggly line appearing under text for no reason and continuing along as I type so my entire documents have red lines under them!! I cannot get rid of it
    - when right clicking on it the only thing that comes up is 'inspect element.' I use spellcheck all the time and with dyslexic typing I cannot do without it so turning spellcheck off is not an option unfortunately. I use internet explorer (don't like chrome)
    and its happening in ms word, facebook and google docs, I'm not an expert but it appears its not an issue with any particular program and to do with windows 10 as it started after that installation. Any help is greatly appreciated as this is extremely annoying!!
    Unable to kill spellcheck (red sguiggly line) in IE11 thru Windows 10 :)) Thanks in advance!

castlerose, Feb 3, 2018
  3. plandreth Win User
    Unable to get rid of continuing spellcheck red wiggly line.

I have the same exact issue and I think it RIDICULOS that you would offer opening a new account vs a simple solution to something very irritating and cumbersome in our user experience. I need spell check as well and telling us to shut that feature off
    does not seem correct. Perhaps if you took the time to check up on this challenge you could provide us an answer that isn't copied and pasted from a list on your screen. THANK YOU a frustrated Windows 10 user!

plandreth, Feb 3, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Feb 3, 2018
  5. torre Win User
    If dal's post does not help, run AdwCleaner and scan with your AV. AdwCleaner - Free Adware Cleaner & Removal Tool

I have seen those "red squiggly lines" on a sports forum I visit. When clicked, it is adware. If all else fails, reset IE.

torre, Feb 4, 2018
  6. risug Win User
    risug, Feb 4, 2018
  7. risug Win User
    You know what, I'm starting to believe that the spellcheck is being generated by Google and not Windows.
    I just conducted a test via Yahoo and Bing and there was no spellcheck line generated.

In fact I'm convinced it's Google. It only makes sense since I disabled spellcheck in every section of Windows where the service function resides.

risug, Feb 4, 2018
  8. Callender Win User

Ditto on that. If you use Google home page or google search you get misspelled word suggestions and red lines.

Use another search provider and nothing happens when you type.

Callender, Feb 4, 2018
  9. Berton Win User
    I displaced Google Search some time ago with Duckduckgo.
    DuckDuckGo

Berton, Feb 4, 2018
  10. risug Win User
    A solution was provided by an Adguard Forum administrator (thank you Zebrum).

The following rule will block Google Spellcheck - ||google.*/complete/search?client=psy-ab

risug, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to kill spellcheck (red sguiggly line) in IE11 thru Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable kill spellcheck

2. How to kill a Process using Command Line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to kill a Process using Command Line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers Task Manager not only to understand which program or application is taking how much of the resource, but it allows you to […] This article How to kill a Process using Command Line in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. red circle with red diagonal line on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    red circle with red diagonal line on desktop: hi I have a red circle with a red diagonal line through in surrounded by a box on my screen what does this mean thanks bridget https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-circle-with-red-diagonal-line-on-desktop/74ea0b6a-8c9d-4080-9ec9-1a566cd5c725
  4. Red and blue line on screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Red and blue line on screen: I am on 19592. I downloaded this update and now I get red and blue lines on the top and bottom of the screen when I start up. In addition, I am running at 100GB with Spectrum and the start up menu is very slow. Thanks 153264
  5. red circle with a line through it

red circle with a line through it: how to I delete a 'red circle with a line through it' from my screen? I have no idea why it appeared in the first place! Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-circle-with-a-line-through-it/42d8bf4d-b02b-453f-abd2-504d87df016d
  6. horizontal red lines on screen

horizontal red lines on screen: so I just started up my computer and my screen has horizontal red lines on it that are flickering they only show when i start up windows 10 and im on my screen where you see apps and stuff but when im on my load up screen they are not there i don't know how to fix...
  7. windows 10 wordpad spellcheck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 wordpad spellcheck: where is spell-check in Win10 wordpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wordpad-spellcheck/8c5e41f7-b7df-4ee5-8f35-0d3e87740065
  8. Squiggley red lines are back again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Squiggley red lines are back again: I recently replaced my 10 year old desktop and I'm having problems with my word processors. I have OpenOffice and LibreOffice installed. I use LibreOffice to convert my old .wps files and O.O. for everything else. This has been working very well for me until a couple of days...
  9. spellchecker

in Windows 10 Support
    spellchecker: I was just posting on another forum using W10hp on my laptop and the name of the South American country of Uraguay got underlined (it is underlined as I type this). I immediately googled Uraguay to confirm that I had spelt it correctly. Not a very good result for...
  10. Red typo lines when no typos

in Windows 10 Support
    Red typo lines when no typos: Hello everyone, I am experiencing the red typo lines when there are no typos. This happens on occasion when I'm typing emails and posting or responding to forums. It seems to occur when there is an actually typo and I correct the error. After that the entire post/email...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google.*/complete/search?client=psy-ab