Windows 10: Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account

Discus and support Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Win 10 and it is activated with a Digital Licence. However everytime I try to link it to my MS Account it states that "Something Went Wrong"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrianCox4B, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account

I have Win 10 and it is activated with a Digital Licence.

However everytime I try to link it to my MS Account it states that "Something Went Wrong" and does not give me the oppotunity to link.

This may also be linked to the inability to run Edge and MS Store.

I tried to add my PC to my MS account, having logged in to my account through Chrome, buut it fails oto find my PC.

:)

BrianCox4B, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

OEM install errored, MS account activated

First and foremost, the digital license is linked to the unique hardware ID of the PC. It is this that is stored on the Microsoft activation servers and linked to your digital license, The link to your MS account is an additional optional extra, but is not required. It is the hardware ID (mostly the motherboard) that is used to check you are licensed. The additional link to an MS account can help reactivate should your hardware ID change (eg, replacing the motherboard).

You could switch from using an MS account to a local account. But as this is a new box it is probably simplest to clean install again, this time setting it up with an offline local account from the start. See Step 24 in the Clean Install tutorial. You can skip entering a key as it will activate from your existing digital license on the activation servers.

Clean Install Windows 10

Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Bree, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my account

I upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate purchased software during the free upgrade period. I did not have presence of mind to link the digital license code to my MS account (seldom used nuisance). Recently I was forced to replace the Motherboard of my PC due to
    hardware failure. I am unable to activate Win10 on this Motherboard, did all the troubleshoot nonsense and more to no avail. Any help would be appreciated, would like to avoid MS Phone contact.

GuentherWimmer, Jan 3, 2020
  4. eLC2 Win User

Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account

Unable to delete PC from MS Account devices

I am unable to delete a PC under Devices on my MS Account page.

When clicking "remove", I get an error: Blank page + "try another URL".

I just renamed my PC, and it appears by the old name in the Device listing.

My MS account logon will not sync with Windows 10, and i believe the two issues might be related.

So, any tips on removing the erroneous device from my list?

Thanks! Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account :)

eLC2, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account

1. Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account - Similar Threads - Unable link Activated

2. Link Certiport account with MS Learning Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link Certiport account with MS Learning Account: Hello!I am trying to link my Certiport account with my Microsoft Learning account. I have the AZ-900 exam and want to be able to view it in Certiport. Please assist me. Thank you!...
  3. How to link my MS account to Windows activation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to link my MS account to Windows activation?: I have Windows10 home. I am the administrator with a MS account as confirmed in Settings. MS Support says: go back to the Activation page, select Add an account, enter your Microsoft account and password, and then select Sign in. But there I can't find 'Add an Account'...
  4. Linked microsoft account to Win10 Activation - Lost start menu.

Linked microsoft account to Win10 Activation - Lost start menu.: Hi all, I just linked my Microsoft account to this brand new fresh win10 install. Then, immediately lost my start menu. Last time this happened, it cascaded into the lose of all windows function. Help...
  5. MS Account linked incorrectly to PTA account

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Account linked incorrectly to PTA account: All the billing info etc is going to a PTA account that I am handing over to someone else soon. How do I get it back to my personal email address?...
  6. Possible problems with selling my PC with win10 license linked to my MS account + adding a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible problems with selling my PC with win10 license linked to my MS account + adding a...: Hi, My current situation 1 PC with preinstalled win10 on HDD 2 Moved windows to a SDD on the same PC, win10 was reactivated by itself. The license is connect to my MS account Now I'm planning to sell that PC while moving the SDD and installed programs to a new PC. So...
  7. Unable to create a MS account on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create a MS account on Win10: I'm hoping someone can help, all my email addresses are on O365 which is preventing me from creating a MS account. I'm not actually sure why I need one but windows keeps asking (FYI I mostly use LINUX but maintain a Windows install to help me support my Mother and Sister who...
  8. "unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account: Hi! So I recently changed hardware (new motherboard, processor and RAM) and had to reinstall Windows. Before resetting I linked my digital license to my Microsoft account so I could reactivate it after the reset. So I reset my PC, log in and try the activation...
  9. Unable to link PC to my Microsoft account

Unable to link PC to my Microsoft account: In Windows 10 settings, under Accounts > Your Info ... I'm trying to use the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" option. My user account has always been local but I'm building a new PC and want to make sure my license is on my Microsoft account so I can activate...
  10. Giving Current PC to Someone Though Activation is "Linked to MS Account". What Are Steps to...

Giving Current PC to Someone Though Activation is "Linked to MS Account". What Are Steps to...: I've had this pc for a very long time and though I'd hate to part with it, I know someone that could really use the pc's capability. so months from now, maybe even weeks, I will clean up the pc, fix/replace chassis fan and downgrade the insider pc to a standard build pc and...