Windows 10: Unable to manage printer from windows setting

Discus and support Unable to manage printer from windows setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a laptop in which I have installed my network printers, currently I am facing issue with managing Printer from Windows setting,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Deepak K Prajapati, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Unable to manage printer from windows setting

Hello all,

I have a laptop in which I have installed my network printers, currently I am facing issue with managing Printer from Windows setting, this issue is only happening with Local Standard user accounts, but I can manage printer from control panel and with Administrator account also. I tried creating new standard user account checked if i could manage printer from Windows Setting but when I click on Manage the Option moves to next Printer and doesn't open anything, same thing happen if I click on Next printer manage it doesn't work. Guys please help

Below is the troubleshooting which I performed

SFC /scannow

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Unchecked Option "Let my manager my default printer"

Let me know if you need any other information from me.

:)

Deepak K Prajapati, Jun 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 22, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Setting Default Printer via Startup Script

I do it with VB logon scripts

"Dim ps0 [<------ our printer server the printers are added/managed on]
    Dim printer

ps0 = "\\ps0\"
    printer = "S14 - Oki ES4140" [<------- the name of the printer as it is shown on the server]

Set wshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    on Error Resume Next

'Deletes all network printers
    Set clPrinters = wshNetwork.EnumPrinterConnections
    On Error Resume Next
    For i = 0 to clPrinters.Count - 1 Step 2
    wshNetwork.RemovePrinterConnection clPrinters.Item(i+1), true
    Next

'Add Network printer
    wshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection ps0 & printer

'Set Default Printer
    wshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter ps0 & printer" [<------ this bit sets it as default (note: this must be applied as the first policy before any other printers policies, otherwise it deletes them)]

Unable to manage printer from windows setting Printerscrupt.png

RCoon, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Unable to manage printer from windows setting

gijoetech1, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Unable to manage printer from windows setting

1. Unable to manage printer from windows setting - Similar Threads - Unable manage printer

2. edge://settings/printing#:~:text=Manage-,printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge://settings/printing#:~:text=Manage-,printers: edge://settings/printing#:~:text=Manage-,printers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edgesettingsprintingtextmanage-printers/8c1ee267-7adc-4960-80f9-7fcb6b8aaf8a
  3. edge://settings/printing#:~:text=Manage-,printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge://settings/printing#:~:text=Manage-,printers: edge://settings/printing#:~:text=Manage-,printers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edgesettingsprintingtextmanage-printers/8c1ee267-7adc-4960-80f9-7fcb6b8aaf8a
  4. Unable to Update Windows from Settings

Unable to Update Windows from Settings: Hello,I have a HP Pavillion Laptop, Windows 10 Pro 21H2. I cannot access Check Windows Update When I click Update & Security, I am presented with "Delivery Optimization" as the first option. I do not get an option to check for Windows Updates. I have tried all fixes that I...
  5. Unable to Update Windows from Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Update Windows from Settings: Hello,I have a HP Pavillion Laptop, Windows 10 Pro 21H2. I cannot access Check Windows Update When I click Update & Security, I am presented with "Delivery Optimization" as the first option. I do not get an option to check for Windows Updates. I have tried all fixes that I...
  6. Unable to Update Windows from Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Printer & Windows Settings

Printer & Windows Settings: I have an Epson WF-7840 printer connected to an HP Omni pc running Windows 11 and is turned on with paper. I turn on the PC and send a print sheet test to the printer and the settings tell me I am out of paper. I reboot the pc and it then prints ok....
  8. unable to scan from printer to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to scan from printer to laptop: So weird. I was scanning a few documents to my computer sucessfully when i got a paper jam. I fixed the paper jam but when I attempted to continue my scanning, the system gave me a message that read "PC not connected"??? It also says Scan local USB. I dont recall seeing the...
  9. Unable to add bluetooth devices/printers from Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add bluetooth devices/printers from Settings: I don't know when this issue has started, but now I can't add bluetooth devices nor printers anymore. When I click on Add Bluetooth or other device under Bluetooth & other devices, it asks me the kind of device I want to add, if I click on any of the options, it immediately...
  10. Unable to change Windows Update settings: "SOME SETTINGS ARE MANAGED BY YOUR SYSTEM...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change Windows Update settings: "SOME SETTINGS ARE MANAGED BY YOUR SYSTEM...: IF ANYONE CAN SOLVE THIS PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-windows-update-settings-some/e752f626-c2a9-4e46-9b54-8ae1f9f63256