Windows 10: Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders

Discus and support Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So currently when I go into "This PC" I have 6 icons at the top : Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures & Videos. As I'm running my OS off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sheepdemon, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders

So currently when I go into "This PC" I have 6 icons at the top : Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures & Videos.

As I'm running my OS off a 120gb SSD I typically store my documents/photos/videos etc on another drive, in this case my D drive. If I right click > Properties on these folders there is a tab titled Location, which normally lets me change where the folder points to. However on both the Documents and Pictures folders I see the following issue when trying to change away from the default "Onedrive" location :

Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders [​IMG]

Note : This is the error I get when I try to move the folder location ANYWHERE, not just to the D drive.

Any help or troubleshooting ideas appreciated.

:)

sheepdemon, Nov 14, 2015
  2. dridri92 Win User

Users folder missing after trying to relocate Downloads

On my hard drive D: , I've created a folder with my name (Users) and inside, i've created several folders (Pictures, Downloads, Documents...). Let's take "Pictures" for example : right-click on the original folders (Pictures, Downloads, Documents...)
    found in C:/users/*username* then go to properties > Location and click on "move".

What I just meant is that this "Move" button is not clear at all, because you believe it will actually move the folder in the location that you've just pointed to. But in fact, the folder merges with that location (so you have to previously create
    a new "Pictures" or "Documents" folder). And if you happened to move the folder at the root of your hard drive
    (like I did the first time) , it becomes a mess because Windows makes a "confusion" between the hard drive and the folder... and then you cannot even reset the default location in the Properties...

dridri92, Nov 14, 2015
  3. crispyMJC Win User
    Cannot unhide Library folder

I have moved my documents and pictures from my C drive to a Libraries folder on my E Drive using the "Properties" Location tab.

Under the Properties General tab my documents have the Hidden attribute unchecked, but my pictures have the Hidden attribute checked and greyed out.

In my Libraries folder on Drive E my documents are visible but my pictures folder is hidden. Both folders are listed under Quick access.

I am unable to unhide my pictures folder. I have tried control panel, the properties tab, and running CMD as administrator with attrib -h.

None of these work.

Does anyone know how I might unhide the pictures file or diagnose what is wrong?

crispyMJC, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders

Hello sheepdemon, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

This could be from what you have set in OneDrive settings. Using the tutorial, set Documents and Pictures to auto save to This PC only instead like in the screenshot below to see if that may help.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders [​IMG]

Brink, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders

1. Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders - Similar Threads - Unable move location

2. How do I move my documents folder out of my pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I move my documents folder out of my pictures folder?: I accidentally moved my documents folder into my pictures. Every time I try to move either folder to their default location, I get an error message: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access denied."...
  3. How do I move my documents folder out of my pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move my documents folder out of my pictures folder?: I accidentally moved my documents folder into my pictures. Every time I try to move either folder to their default location, I get an error message: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access denied."...
  4. How do I move my documents folder out of my pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Moved my pictures folder location to my H drive but forgot to creat the PICTURES folder....

Moved my pictures folder location to my H drive but forgot to creat the PICTURES folder....: I Moved my pictures folder location to my H drive but forgot to creat the PICTURES folder. Now my picture location is literaly all of my H drive, photos videos, files all included. I am now stock with my H drive as my pictures folder, is there way to correct it? Thank you....
  6. Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc.

Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc.: I've been trying to move the location of these kinds of folders, but simply can't, windows tells me that there's a folder that can't be moved. I looked all over the internet for solutions, and everywhere they say to change de registry, which I did, but it didn't work. My C:/...
  7. Unable to delete or move files in my computer's Documents or Pictures folder

Unable to delete or move files in my computer's Documents or Pictures folder: Hello, I am unable to delete or move any files or folders in my computer's Documents or Pictures folder. Whenever I try, I get a message saying I need permission from the administrator to carry out the action. If anyone can help, I appreciate it....
  8. Unable to change location of Documents or Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change location of Documents or Pictures folder: When I bring up the Document Properties window, and click on the Location tab, the window id missing the 3 buttons (Restore Default, Move, Find Target) that everyone else seems to have. And the path field is not editable. Any ideas? 155160
  9. Moving my Documents folder

Moving my Documents folder: Having an issue with space on my C:\ drive, so in Users\Tom\ right clicking on the Documents folder, clicking on the Location tab and selecting "Move". Filled in the new location N:\Users\Tom\Documents. System replied with a confirmation window confirming Old location and New...
  10. Unable to change location of pictures and documents folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change location of pictures and documents folders: When I try to change the location of the documents folder and the pictures folder, I get a message, "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied." I get this message whether or not I choose to move the files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to move my documents library from my ssd to my hdd error Cant move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that cant be redirected. Access is denied.