Windows 10: Unable to open desktop on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to open desktop on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The thing is that after updating on windows 10 it is unable to open my desktop by minimizing the Start menu, only via windows explorer. Start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by geka, Oct 29, 2015.

1. geka Win User

Unable to open desktop on Windows 10

The thing is that after updating on windows 10 it is unable to open my desktop by minimizing the Start menu, only via windows explorer. Start menu opens always in full-screen mode so I can't resize it (yes, full-screen mode is unchecked in the releveant menu).

I appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance!

Unable to open desktop on Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

2. Unable to open Gmail on Windows 10

sorry, neither of these suggestions worked. Have been using windows 10 for a couple of months, now the start screen is in opposite corner and there's toolbar at bottom of page. when i click to open gmail, it returns to screensaver. I have to go to google
    and follow process to access gmail that way but it's not the same format as windows gmail. Would like to get rid of toolbar and get back to windows gmail. Thanks, Nancy

NancyMoisan, Oct 29, 2015
  3. Unable to open Gmail on Windows 10

Hi Nancy,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update. Sorry for the delay.

• Are you using Gmail app from Windows Store or you have configured Gmail account on Mail app?

I suggest you to install all the app updates and check the status of the issue. For the start screen issue,
    it could be helpful if you can provide us the screen shot of the issue to help you further.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please get back to us with the above details so that we can assist you further.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Oct 29, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Oct 29, 2015
  5. thank you for this answer! it also solved an issue I was having with the apps icons blocking dialog boxes on the screen. I was in one program and a dialog box appeared quickly on the screen then jumped automatically to the screen with the apps on it. This is on my touch screen Windows 10 desktop computer. I also had an issue with my PrintArtist graphics program when I tried to use the color palette to change a font color. After clicking on the color fill button the screen disappeared and the eye dropper appeared on the screen showing all the apps. I searched online for a long time even went to Microsofts website with no luck. Found my answer here to turn off the tablet mode! IT WORKED! The apps are no longer on the screen and it went back to the desktop screen but it eliminated the issue I had with the apps screen blocking any dialog boxes that would pop up and disappear. What a P.I.T.A!

fishncamp2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to open desktop on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable open desktop

2. Unable to open windows powershell in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open windows powershell in windows 10: HelloMy powershell is not opening. When I click on powershell icon, nothing happens. When I right click and choose run as admin an error pops up telling "The item you selected is unavailable. It may be moved, renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list ?". How...
  3. Unable to open windows powershell in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open windows powershell in windows 10: HelloMy powershell is not opening. When I click on powershell icon, nothing happens. When I right click and choose run as admin an error pops up telling "The item you selected is unavailable. It may be moved, renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list ?". How...
  4. Unable to open windows powershell in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 unable to open folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 unable to open folders: Hello there,I'm having an issue with Windows 10 I have never seen before any sadly I can't find any info on that specific issue either.I'm currently unable to open new folders. Every time I doubleclick on a folder a new window pops up and opens the 'quick access' tab or 'my...
  6. unable to open apps on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unable to open apps on windows 10: I tried using the start button and clicking the apps on my desktop and it still would not work. Any help? This has happened many times but after while it just fixes itself. submitted by /u/yuyanghor [link] [comments]...
  7. Unable to open clipboard in window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open clipboard in window 10: I am unable to open clipboard in Windows 10 . I have followed the setup instructions: I went into Systems, click on clipboard and turn on clipboard history. I rebooted my computer. After the restart I pressed the Windows key + V to open clipboard without any success....
  8. Windows 10 unable to open Outlook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 unable to open Outlook: When I attempt to open Outlook, my screen displays what appears to be Microsoft that wants me to change my settings. To get out of it, I have to control, alt, delete to open task manager and then close Outlook. I cannot open Outlook to even attempt to follow the Microsoft...
  9. Unable to restore Windows 10 desktop

Unable to restore Windows 10 desktop: I'm stuck in start menu after changing to tablet mode on laptop but want to return to plain screen with icons. How do I manage this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-restore-windows-10-desktop/9e6bdcbd-c874-416d-a607-68df2053e036
  10. Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening

Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening: A few hours ago I changed my desktop default background to a slideshow which has worked perfectly. However whenever I try to re-enter the personalisation section in the settings, it does the clicking animation and then stops, I can hover over other settings tabs but cannot...