Windows 10: Unable to open .obj file in Mixed Reality viewer error 'couldn't load 3d model'.

Discus and support Unable to open .obj file in Mixed Reality viewer error 'couldn't load 3d model'. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I downloaded an obj. file from the internet thenI opened it in rhino after saving it again into obj. the file I could not open it into mixed reality... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by mudit.xx, Mar 25, 2019.

1. mudit.xx Win User

Unable to open .obj file in Mixed Reality viewer error 'couldn't load 3d model'.

I downloaded an obj. file from the internet thenI opened it in rhino after saving it again into
    obj. the file I could not open it into mixed reality viewer as

it is showing an error 'couldn't load 3d model'

**Original Title**

MIXED REALITY VIEWER

:)

mudit.xx, Mar 25, 2019

2. Mixed Reality Viewer

Photos taken from laptop camera and phone camera should be able to convert in 3D in Mixed Reality Viewer.

TINKERBLINKSNOWYTOES, Mar 25, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows 10 Mixed Reality Viewer app gets update & renamed to 3D Viewer

The Skip Ahead got an update to version 5.1809.20012.0 from the Microsoft Store, and was renamed to 3D Viewer.

Version 5.1809.20012.0 of the app features the following changes:

• Rebrand: Mixed Reality Viewer becomes 3D Viewer
    • Environment & Lighting: 3D Viewer now allows you to adjust the intensity, saturation, value and colour of the light to your liking. In addition, there are several selectable themes available to your liking such as Sunset.
    • Stats & Shading: 3D Viewer presents a new Statistics and Shading section, in which it will be possible to inspect and adjust the shapes and dates of the objects present in your projects
    • Removed the hamburger menu in favour of a new top menu
    • New welcome screen
    • New settings
    • Introduced control with the Surface Pen
    • It is now possible to hide the 3D Viewer option panels
    • Significant improvements with the display in Mixed Reality
    • Introduced the reveal effect
    • New 3D Print options
    • Various bug corrections and improvements

Unable to open .obj file in Mixed Reality viewer error 'couldn't load 3d model'. [​IMG]

Source: 3D Viewer | Microsoft al lavoro per unire Print 3D e Mixed Reality Viewer - Aggiornamenti Lumia

Brink, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Unable to open .obj file in Mixed Reality viewer error 'couldn't load 3d model'.

3D Builder Export to obj with colors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if OBJ file is exported correctly or the file is corrupt.

3D Builder can view, capture, personalize, and print 3D models using 3D Builder. Download many kinds of 3D files and edit them using the 3D modeling space. Take a picture with your webcam and make it 3D. Personalize 3D files by embossing your name, or combine
    models and pieces to make something new.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• Have you created another 3D format files through 3D Builder app and checked in another 3D modelling program?
    • When you say that "but the OBJ generated does not seem to contain texture/color information", by which app or applications have you tried to open the OBJ 3D file?

I suggest you export the 3D file to another file other than OBJ file. Check if the texture and picture is visible or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Unable to open .obj file in Mixed Reality viewer error 'couldn't load 3d model'.

1. Unable to open .obj file in Mixed Reality viewer error 'couldn't load 3d model'. - Similar Threads - Unable open obj

2. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  3. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  4. OBJ file loaded with 3d axes inverted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OBJ file loaded with 3d axes inverted.: Hello.I am using microsoft 3d viewer to view 3d models created by 3df zephyr and edited by meshmixer. I need to load obj files in 3d viewer since they are viewed with texture mapping in color as opposed to STL files which view only as grayscale moldes.The STL files are loaded...
  5. OBJ file loaded with 3d axes inverted.

OBJ file loaded with 3d axes inverted.: Hello.I am using microsoft 3d viewer to view 3d models created by 3df zephyr and edited by meshmixer. I need to load obj files in 3d viewer since they are viewed with texture mapping in color as opposed to STL files which view only as grayscale moldes.The STL files are loaded...
  6. Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality: I would like to get support for the "Mixed Reality" app It worked on Windows 10. After I upgraded to Windows 11 it stopped working. Apparently the HP Reverb G2 is working in the Windows 11 normally. Because the "tracking" of the room is working, the audio works and the...
  7. Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality

Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality: I would like to get support for the "Mixed Reality" app It worked on Windows 10. After I upgraded to Windows 11 it stopped working. Apparently the HP Reverb G2 is working in the Windows 11 normally. Because the "tracking" of the room is working, the audio works and the...
  8. Couldn't load 3d model error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Couldn't load 3d model error: I cannot open .obj file in Mixed Reality viewer. I downloaded an obj. file and opened it in rhino after saving as obj. But I cannot open it in mixed reality viewer because of an error 'couldn't load 3d model...
  9. MIXED REALITY VIEWER

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MIXED REALITY VIEWER: I downloaded an obj. file from the internet thenI opened it in rhino after saving it again into obj. the file I could not open it into mixed reality viewer as it is showing an error 'couldn't load 3d model'...
  10. Windows 10 Mixed Reality Viewer app gets update & renamed to 3D Viewer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mixed Reality Viewer app gets update & renamed to 3D Viewer: The Mixed Reality Viewer app in Windows 10 for Skip Ahead got an update to version 5.1809.20012.0 from the Microsoft Store, and was renamed to 3D Viewer. Version 5.1809.20012.0 of the app features the following changes: Rebrand: Mixed Reality Viewer becomes 3D Viewer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3d viewer couldnt load 3d model

2. unable to open first.obj