Windows 10: Unable to permanently disable Defender.

Discus and support Unable to permanently disable Defender. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have already tried disabling it through regedit and gpedit.msc. I’m on Windows 10 Pro 1909, but it is still on even after restarting. Any clues?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Szyszka420, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Unable to permanently disable Defender.

I have already tried disabling it through regedit and gpedit.msc. I’m on Windows 10 Pro 1909, but it is still on even after restarting. Any clues?

submitted by /u/Szyszka420
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Szyszka420, Mar 23, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Since this is a TP. The option to turn off/disable Windows Defender is grayed out. However, you can turn off by:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

1. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: gpedit.msc
    2. Manoeuver to: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Defender
    3. Double click on "Turn Off Windows Defender" and select "Enabled" then click "Apply"

WARNING: After turn off "Windows Defender", you might not be able to turn it back on. I suggest before trying this, make a backup image so you can restore to the way it was.

Unable to permanently disable Defender. [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Winuser Win User
    Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

On my computer it's in the Show Hidden Icons box. It's listed as PC status.

Winuser, Mar 23, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

Unable to permanently disable Defender.

Windows Defender disabled and is unable to start

OK. I am not sure if you can complete the steps below.......................
    In the search box, type services.msc > Enter
    Items in the Services box are listed alphabetically.
    Scroll down to Windows Defender Service...........................
    at Status heading, it should be.................................... Running
    at Startup type, it should be......................................... Automatic

If that is not what yours said, right click at Windows Defender Service > click Properties >
    can you change the Startup type to Automatic and Service status to Start ?
    If yes, do so and click OK when done.

davidhk, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Unable to permanently disable Defender.

1. Unable to permanently disable Defender. - Similar Threads - Unable permanently disable

2. Disable Windows Defender Permanently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Windows Defender Permanently: Unlike most reasons for shutting off Defender mine is different. I am using a program called CNC12 from Centroid. Defender running in the background causes errors in the machining process. I cannot install any other antivirus software because it will cause the same issues. I...
  3. Permanently disable Windows Defender

Permanently disable Windows Defender: I have a media server running on my internal network and it NEVER access the Internet. So, I have no AV running on it. You can say that is STUPID if you want, but it's what I want for this machine. I have a shortcut on the desktop to a Powershell script that invokes the...
  4. How to permanently disable Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to permanently disable Windows Defender?: I am using Windows 10 1909. I've been always disabling Windows Defender by gpedit: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Defender Antivirus -> Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus but it seems like since 1909, windows doesn' t...
  5. How to disable windows defender permanently?

How to disable windows defender permanently?: I've tried various methods that worked in the past but for some reason it doesn't work anymore. Anyone have a solution to completely disable this? submitted by /u/freesp33chisstilldea [link] [comments]...
  6. Permanently disable windows defender?

Permanently disable windows defender?: How do i permanently disable this? It prevents me from playing cs. submitted by /u/naxelk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1as9p/permanently_disable_windows_defender/
  7. Unable to permanently disable Windows defender scan and Compatibility Appraiser

Unable to permanently disable Windows defender scan and Compatibility Appraiser: Hi, I cannot understand why users don't have control over some aspects of Windows 10. I disabled Compatibility Appraiser in task scheduler but it re-enables itself every day and starts the task. I've even disabled it in Group Policy with no success. This also applies...
  8. Unable to permanently disable Windows defender scan and Compatibility Appraiser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to permanently disable Windows defender scan and Compatibility Appraiser: Hi, I cannot understand why users don't have control over some aspects of Windows 10. I disabled Compatibility Appraiser in task scheduler but it re-enables itself every day and starts the task. I've even disabled it in Group Policy with no success. This also applies...
  9. Permanently disabling Windows defender

Permanently disabling Windows defender: System Config: DELL Latitude E6410 Core i3 M380 2.53GHz 4 GB Ram Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit) Version 1809 OS Build 17763.134 Is there a way to Permanently disable Windows defender? Off late there are times when my system comes to a stand still. Forget playing a game doing...
  10. Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?: I'm on build 10074 of Windows 10 and cannot find a way to permanently disable Windows Defender. When I go to Control Panel > Windows Defender > Settings, it brings up the new Windows 10 System Settings app which gives an option to turn "Real-time protection" off. However, the...