Windows 10: Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!

Discus and support Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; just done a fresh install of windows and i literately cant do anything that relates to pinning or tweaking the start menu. i was reading that there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DiBBz, Jan 13, 2018.

1. DiBBz Win User

Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!

just done a fresh install of windows and i literately cant do anything that relates to pinning or tweaking the start menu. i was reading that there is a way to fix this via tiledatalayer ??? and followed some examples however there was no tiledatalayer folder present in appdata\local ???

anyone anyone inform me on how to fix this properly and how am i supposed to see this folder that is cruicial to fixing the start menu..

ty!

:)

DiBBz, Jan 13, 2018

2. Cannot customize start menu anymore in Windows 10

I cannot pin or unpin icons for a while. Unpinning worked a while ago, however I'm not even having the option for pinning or unpinning an icon anymore, also I cannot find the start menu settings at its place, cannot move the icons, and cannot rename the
    groups.

LászlóSzerémi, Jan 13, 2018
  3. Start menu Tiles problem Unable to move , No option for pin, unpin ,uninstall after using Windows for some hours

Dear, Sir Recently I have installed Windows 10 in my pc .Everything was working fine but after some hours I noticed some problems in my pc. They are :

1.Unable to Pin Items to Windows Start menu

2.Unable to unpin Start menu tiles

3.Unable to resize Tiles

4.Unable to Unpin Start menu tiles

5.Uninstall Option not present

6.Unable to move Tiles

The option of unpinning, pining, resizing, uninstalling are gone away after using Windows for some hours..............Plz plz Help me ..Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize! :)

Ritik Chauhan, Jan 13, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 13, 2018
  5. DiBBz Win User
    you sir are a legend.. how is this not appearing in top search results when related to start menu problems +1

DiBBz, Jan 13, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad it was able to fix this for you. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize! - Similar Threads - Unable pin unpin

2. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  3. unpin start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unpin start menu: i tried to reinstall my browser (firefox) so i uninstalled it but i can't unpin the shortcut i have in my start menu what's the solution? https://i.postimg.cc/5jc0DFvM/2.png forgot to add that when i click on it, nothing happens submitted by /u/djindjer [link]...
  4. Custom size start menu pins?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom size start menu pins?: Why can't we have pins on start bar that are one and a half medium fields in size? submitted by /u/obscure_greenleaf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jrscd9/custom_size_start_menu_pins/
  5. Unable to customize Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to customize Start menu: Hello everyone. I am trying to customize my Start menu but am unable to do so. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thank you! 10724
  6. pin to start menu customizations

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin to start menu customizations: Where are start menu tiles (pinned shortcuts) stored? I can't find them. I want to customize the start menu and back it up to deploy elsewhere. 12877
  7. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  8. Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start": Hi guys I work on win 10 pin to start & unpin to start was working normally and a few days ago i found that it's not exist anymore and when i perform a right click on a free space in start menu there's nothing happens [img] [img] [img] [img] 49409
  9. Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.: I'm unable to remove this tile from my Start Menu. It was a folder shortcut which was working fine until I changed the letter of the drive it belonged to. There are only two options when I right click, one is to unpin and the other is to resize the tile. I have tried pretty...
  10. Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu: Hello all, I love Windows 10. I really do. However, there's one slight nuisance that is really starting to get on my nerves. Every time I right-click a tile, select something such as "Unpin from Start," absolutely nothing happens. The tile remains, I can reshape it, move...