Windows 10: Unable to remove microsoft account in windows 10

Discus and support Unable to remove microsoft account in windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I signed in with a microsoft account in windows 10 because I wanted to try minecraft windows 10 edition. Now I want to remove it but I am unable to. To... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FunnyBunny581, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Unable to remove microsoft account in windows 10

I signed in with a microsoft account in windows 10 because I wanted to try minecraft windows 10 edition. Now I want to remove it but I am unable to. To remove the account I go click the start menu, click my name, click change account settings, scroll down to accounts used by other apps, click my email, click remove, but nothing happens. I did switch to a local account. When I click remove, the settings window just disappears without anything happening. I also ran the SFC Command but it found nothing.
    Edit: I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10

:)

FunnyBunny581, Feb 8, 2016

2. Unable to remove Microsoft account from Windows 10

Hi,

Restriction issues may trigger difficulties in removing your Microsoft account in Windows 10. For us to rectify your concern, supply more information by answering these questions:

• May we know what particular issues you've encountered when using Google Chrome after adding your Microsoft account?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the website where you've been redirected when trying to delete your account?
    • What is the exact error message that you're receiving?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Let us know these details so we can move forward to resolving your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 8, 2016
  3. Unable to remove Microsoft account from Windows 10

I have just placed my Microsoft account onto my windows 10 but it started to stop me from using google chrome, why is this and may you please explain how to remove my Microsoft account from setting as when ever I click on it and press manage it sends me
    straight to the website and wont tell me anything about removing it. Please tell me.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Sonicknight111Ward, Feb 8, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Unable to remove microsoft account in windows 10

The usual procedure is to do what you did but do not scroll down to accounts used by other apps, instead just click on Sign in with a local account instead. Rather than removing the Microsoft account you are changing it to a local account.

See the tutorial -> https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Feb 8, 2016
  5. I am using a Local Account. I want to get rid of my account under "Accounts used by other apps" too but when I click the "Remove" button, the window just closes without doing anything. I also tried doing it in safemode but it didn't work there either.

FunnyBunny581, Feb 9, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    It's possible that some of the apps you have on your local account are still associated with your Microsoft account. That may be why the account appears there and is refusing to go. Was it a completely new local account or did you convert it from a MS account to a local one?

In my experience once you have used a MS account on your PC, traces of it remain in all sorts of places. It can sometimes be best to make a clean start with a clean install of W10 and only use a local account. You will need to back up all your personal files and make a note of all the programs you use before doing this so that you can add them back and reinstall the programs you want.

Finally there is a Microsoft page that tells you how you can close a Microsoft account here.

philc43, Feb 9, 2016
  7. Is it possible for me to create a new user and copy over the old user's files without copying windows' settings but keeping application settings?
    Edit: Sorry, I had a Microsoft account linked before I switched it to a local account.
    Edit: Found a post talking about copying data from one user to another. I'll try that and see what happens. Thank you for the help.

FunnyBunny581, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to remove microsoft account in windows 10

1. Unable to remove microsoft account in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable remove microsoft

2. Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family: I have a Microsoft Family setup with myself, my wife, and two accounts for our son. When I try to remove the account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from the family I get an error telling me to try the other parent account to remove the child account. So I signed...
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft account removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft account removal: Hi! I was meeting up with someone, and they asked me how to use Cortana. So I put my MS account on their laptop temporarily so I could show them. After that I logged out, but then later in the PC login I saw my picture. I checked settings, and my account was there. I tried...
  4. Windows 10 Microsoft account removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Microsoft account removal: Hi! I was meeting up with someone, and they asked me how to use Cortana. So I put my MS account on their laptop temporarily so I could show them. After that I logged out, but then later in the PC login I saw my picture. I checked settings, and my account was there. I tried...
  5. Windows 10 Microsoft account removal

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.: This is an issue I'm seeing is fairly common recently based on other threads.I'm trying to transfer a Windows 10 digital license between an old pc build and a new one Motherboard/CPU changeI had never linked my old PC's license to my Microsoft account so I tried to link both...
  7. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.: This is an issue I'm seeing is fairly common recently based on other threads.I'm trying to transfer a Windows 10 digital license between an old pc build and a new one Motherboard/CPU changeI had never linked my old PC's license to my Microsoft account so I tried to link both...
  8. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Unable to remove account in Kiosk mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove account in Kiosk mode Windows 10: I want to setup Kiosk mode in Windows 10 but Get Started button is not available and an account seem already configured without configuring it. I tried to select the account and click the Remove Kiosk, but nothing happen or its not working....
  10. Unable to remove a Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to remove a Microsoft Account: When I try to remove the Microsoft account for my work from my personal laptop, I am being asked to login to my work account. But, I no longer work for that company and my account has already been deleted. How can I remove that account from my laptop?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to remove microsoft accounts in windows 10

2. i am unable to remove microsft account in pc