Windows 10: Unable to schedule restart after Windows Updates

Discus and support Unable to schedule restart after Windows Updates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I encounter a weird issue concerning the way that Windows 10 handles the restart process after the installation of windows updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bokarinho, Nov 2, 2015.

1. bokarinho Win User

Unable to schedule restart after Windows Updates

Hello everybody,

I encounter a weird issue concerning the way that Windows 10 handles the restart process after the installation of windows updates. Computer OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 and is joined in a domain with group policy assigned. In the user logon I have created a configuration script in order to change the behavior of windows stuff for the users in the domain. Among them are the windows updates.
    Code: REM *** Windows Updates Settings for Windows 10 only *** reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v AcceleratedInstallRequired /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v AUOptions /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v CachedAUOptions /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v ElevateNonAdmins /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v RebootRelaunchTimeout /t REG_DWORD /d 600 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v RebootRelaunchTimeoutEnabled /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings" /v UxOption /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f[/quote] The problem is that when the user is notified to install the updates and then installs them, the system does not provide a scheduled restart for the user to a time that he wishes (eg 6 hours later), but forces an automatic reboot 15 minutes later no matter what. The problem is that the user does not press restart now, it cancels it and continues to work and exactly after 15 minutes comes the reboot and loses all of his current activities. Honestly I don't know why this is happening and how to change this behavior. Does anybody else face this same issue?

:)

bokarinho, Nov 2, 2015

2. Repeatetive restart for Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 1511

My laptop running on windows 10 is continuously being scheduled to restart to complete the following update:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 1511, 10586.

However the update fails to complete and my laptop again schedules automatically to restart after 15-20 minutes. I am unable to stop the process and am stuck in this update loop. Please do help me to get out of this update trouble.

VimalTiwari, Nov 2, 2015
  3. Unable to Schedule Restart time

1. When, why, and how did you do the clean install of Win10?

2. How long has the Windows Firewall been disabled since you did the clean install of Win10?

3. Are you running Win10 Home, Win10 Pro, Win10 Education, or Win10 Enterprise edition?

4. Does the computer-in-question belong to you or to your employer?

5. Is Norton VIP Access or
    Symantec VIP
    Access installed?

6. Is KB4022716 offered when you run a manual check for updates and if so, does it successfully install?

• HOW TO Run a manual check for updates in Win10

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/check-for-and-install-windows-update-in-windows-10.8952/

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 2, 2015
Thema:

Unable to schedule restart after Windows Updates

1. Unable to schedule restart after Windows Updates - Similar Threads - Unable schedule restart

2. Unable to Schedule mxdperfstat in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Schedule mxdperfstat in Task Scheduler: We are trying to schedule mxdperfstat in task scheduler which runs daily at a specific time, but after it is run, it gets stuck in running phase.The entire process for our mxd takes around 2-3 minutes.When the bat file is run manually which has the following command:...
  3. Unable to Schedule mxdperfstat in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Schedule mxdperfstat in Task Scheduler: We are trying to schedule mxdperfstat in task scheduler which runs daily at a specific time, but after it is run, it gets stuck in running phase.The entire process for our mxd takes around 2-3 minutes.When the bat file is run manually which has the following command:...
  4. Unable to Schedule mxdperfstat in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. unable to sign in to windows after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to sign in to windows after restart: After restarting the computer, there was mountain picture but there was no sign in option for windowsUnable to access my computerThere is only one option on the screen to use Ease of Access narrator, on screen keyboard etc at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. There...
  6. Automatic restart scheduled for important updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic restart scheduled for important updates: A red window appeared on my screen today, saying “Automatic restart scheduled for important updates.” It goes on to say that I need to restart now to get a newer version of Windows 10, because my present version is nearing the end of service. But this window totally locks my...
  7. schedule restart by windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    schedule restart by windows: my win is not enabling schedule restart option.....after recent updates installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/schedule-restart-by-windows/cd805d68-3190-4332-869a-800d6f16eeda
  8. Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?: Before the recent update, in windows update “Advanced Options” screen, I selected “Notify to schedule restart” so my PC will not restart by itself after an update, as mentioned in this article How to Schedule Restarts for Updates in Windows 10 Yesterday after windows...
  9. Restart is scheduled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restart is scheduled: I keep getting a pop-up message that say's "Don't Forget a restart is scheduled for ?? oclock" I have cleared the notifications and restarted my computer 3 times and still get this message. The only difference is the time keeps changing. I don't have any updates listed as...
  10. Schedule Restart Time for Windows Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Schedule Restart Time for Windows Update in Windows 10: How to: Schedule Restart Time for Windows Update in Windows 10 How to Schedule a Restart Time for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by Microsoft....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to scehdule windiws updates restart