Windows 10: Unable to schedule restart after Windows Updates

Discus and support Unable to schedule restart after Windows Updates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I encounter a weird issue concerning the way that Windows 10 handles the restart process after the installation of windows updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bokarinho, Nov 2, 2015.

1. bokarinho Win User

Unable to schedule restart after Windows Updates

Hello everybody,

I encounter a weird issue concerning the way that Windows 10 handles the restart process after the installation of windows updates. Computer OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 and is joined in a domain with group policy assigned. In the user logon I have created a configuration script in order to change the behavior of windows stuff for the users in the domain. Among them are the windows updates.
    Code: REM *** Windows Updates Settings for Windows 10 only *** reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v AcceleratedInstallRequired /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v AUOptions /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v CachedAUOptions /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v ElevateNonAdmins /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v RebootRelaunchTimeout /t REG_DWORD /d 600 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v RebootRelaunchTimeoutEnabled /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings" /v UxOption /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f[/quote] The problem is that when the user is notified to install the updates and then installs them, the system does not provide a scheduled restart for the user to a time that he wishes (eg 6 hours later), but forces an automatic reboot 15 minutes later no matter what. The problem is that the user does not press restart now, it cancels it and continues to work and exactly after 15 minutes comes the reboot and loses all of his current activities. Honestly I don't know why this is happening and how to change this behavior. Does anybody else face this same issue?

:)

bokarinho, Nov 2, 2015

2. Repeatetive restart for Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 1511

My laptop running on windows 10 is continuously being scheduled to restart to complete the following update:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 1511, 10586.

However the update fails to complete and my laptop again schedules automatically to restart after 15-20 minutes. I am unable to stop the process and am stuck in this update loop. Please do help me to get out of this update trouble.

VimalTiwari, Nov 2, 2015
  3. Unable to Schedule Restart time

1. When, why, and how did you do the clean install of Win10?

2. How long has the Windows Firewall been disabled since you did the clean install of Win10?

3. Are you running Win10 Home, Win10 Pro, Win10 Education, or Win10 Enterprise edition?

4. Does the computer-in-question belong to you or to your employer?

5. Is Norton VIP Access or
    Symantec VIP
    Access installed?

6. Is KB4022716 offered when you run a manual check for updates and if so, does it successfully install?

• HOW TO Run a manual check for updates in Win10

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4807-windows-update-check-install-windows-10-a.html

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 2, 2015
Thema:

Unable to schedule restart after Windows Updates

1. Unable to schedule restart after Windows Updates - Similar Threads - Unable schedule restart

2. There should never be an automatic scheduled restart for updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There should never be an automatic scheduled restart for updates.: I'm tired of the "automatic restart" for Windows updates. It always happens when I'm not available to save my work. There should never be an "automatic restart". If Windows wants to update, the restart should have to wait until I'm actually able to deal with it....
  3. scheduled task restart & logon

in Windows 10 Support
    scheduled task restart & logon: It is often the case that when I come to work in the morning and wake-up my desktop, automated programs get triggered and really slow down my computer and I can’t really do efficient work for a while, sometimes an hour or so. These include full disc scans mandated by the...
  4. schedule restart by windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    schedule restart by windows: my win is not enabling schedule restart option.....after recent updates installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/schedule-restart-by-windows/cd805d68-3190-4332-869a-800d6f16eeda
  5. Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?: Before the recent update, in windows update “Advanced Options” screen, I selected “Notify to schedule restart” so my PC will not restart by itself after an update, as mentioned in this article How to Schedule Restarts for Updates in Windows 10 Yesterday after windows...
  6. Notify to schedule restart

Notify to schedule restart: How do I set "Notify to schedule restart"? I used to have my W10IP set to this, but now I can't find it anywhere in the useless "phone GUI" Settings screen. Has MS removed this from W10? 70107
  7. Notify for Scheduled Restart setting?

Notify for Scheduled Restart setting?: I did some testing on my Win 10 box and I had selected to Notify for Scheduled Restart when updates are completed installing. I had set my own preference schedule, for example 18:45 today (which was in fact yesterday). Anyways, I ran the Check for Updates and when the...
  8. Restart is scheduled

Restart is scheduled: I keep getting a pop-up message that say's "Don't Forget a restart is scheduled for ?? oclock" I have cleared the notifications and restarted my computer 3 times and still get this message. The only difference is the time keeps changing. I don't have any updates listed as...
  9. Re-scheduled restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-scheduled restart: New HP Envy 17" only had it a week. Settings>update & security> windows updates. The schedule restart is set for 03.30 but my PC is switched off over night, so every morning it wants to restart 5 minutes after I log on. I can't seem to change that setting, it's greyed out....
  10. Schedule Restart Time for Windows Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Schedule Restart Time for Windows Update in Windows 10: Hi Brink, Under use a custom restart time my on/off switch is greyed out so I can't turn the feature on. It was working the last time I used it so I'm not sure whether it's something I've changed that may be causing this. Would you have any ideas? 56082

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to scehdule windiws updates restart