Windows 10: Unable to update to Windows 1903 build version and issues with BIOS while trying to update.

Discus and support Unable to update to Windows 1903 build version and issues with BIOS while trying to update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After endless problems with windows update on my 1 year old asus laptup, i decided to give myself a treat last month because it was my birthday: It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeneMessina, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Unable to update to Windows 1903 build version and issues with BIOS while trying to update.

After endless problems with windows update on my 1 year old asus laptup, i decided to give myself a treat last month because it was my birthday: It was the best present i could of given myself: I decided to not allow it to update at all in may so that i could use my computer without the usual snafu.

Of course, come june it was time to pay the piper : to download and install said updates so that i could play catch up and, perhaps unwisely upgrade to the much vaunted 1903 build....this is where it get's really annoying: surprisingly the updates i needed to bring me up to the threshold of 1903 actually downloaded with only one failed install that corrected the second time i tried...though there were some oddities: firstly i noticed that it had wiped my update history..o.k, annoying but not the end of the world, as winver showed that i was indeed up to date....buuuut...secondly and more disturbingly, update took it upon itself to flash my bios with what i thought must of been a newer, better version that came out in january of this year....unfortunately, at this time my battery seemed to go wonky, and would not charge anymore...so, i spent the last 24hrs taking my laptop apart ( my battery is not the easilly removable sort), borrowing chargers, messing with calibration, monitoring software and the like...all to no avail...though i did think that it had something to do with the updates, i knew it was almost certainly impossible to roll back my bios to the earlier version and system restoring of course only removed the windows updates (leaving me with a now totally blank update history..grrrrr!!)..so with the problem unsolved and knowing that my machine was offering no further updates to bios, i decided to look on the asus site....lo and behold there was a later bios (6 months later in fact) available for me to flash....so, with much trepidation i flashed this new bios and thank satan it sorted out my battery problem.

Which is all well and good...until i realized that i wont be offered 1903 again until i reinstall the updates: including the rogue bios "update" that caused such chagrin.... am i being offered this older and faulty bios because 1903 won't work with the latset, non-faulty one, or did update just decide to throw that one in out of pure sadism? either way it doesn't look like i'm getting 1903 without screwing up my battery charging again (the last time decreased it's health permanantly by 6% btw).....any solutions?...anybody? ...sigh...…

***Modified Title from: Windows update decided to install an older version of my BIOS and wrecked the battery charging fuctions…i fixed it but now cannot update to 1903***

:)

DeneMessina, Jun 11, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 11, 2019
  3. BIOS update

i have momo GA-945PL-S3P(rev. 6.6) BIOS version (f4)
    when i look in gigabyte website i found f5,f6,f7,f8 BIOS versions for my momo.
    do i need to update my BIOS version ?
    if i have to update, shall i install the last one (f8 ) or install each one ?
    is it risky to update my BIOS version because i have no experience in bois update , is there easy step to update my bois?

lover_pharaoh2002, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Techtu Win User

Unable to update to Windows 1903 build version and issues with BIOS while trying to update.

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Unable to update to Windows 1903 build version and issues with BIOS while trying to update. :)

Techtu, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to update to Windows 1903 build version and issues with BIOS while trying to update.

1. Unable to update to Windows 1903 build version and issues with BIOS while trying to update. - Similar Threads - Unable update 1903

2. UNABLE TO UPDATE TO VERSION 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UNABLE TO UPDATE TO VERSION 1903: Surface Book 2 16GB RAM 15.3" Product ID 00330-62824-81075-AAOEM bought on May 2018 Original Windows version Windows 10 Pro ver. 1803 build 17134-1345 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have been...
  3. Unable to update to Windows 10, version 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to update to Windows 10, version 1903: I currently have windows 10 version 1803. Whenever I try to update it will do its thing, restart a few times then just stay on the Asus loading screen (when the computer is turning on) forever. I then manually have to restart the laptop and it uninstalls the update. My laptop...
  4. Unable to Update Windows 10 to Feature Update , Version 1903

Unable to Update Windows 10 to Feature Update , Version 1903: I have been having problem updating the Windows 10 Home to version 1903, after several attempts. 1. Using Windows Update I tried updating to 1903 number of time and it resulted in error 0x80070070, though i have around 9GB before proceeding to installation and used a...
  5. Updating to version 1903. - issue.

Updating to version 1903. - issue.: I have been trying to update to version 1903 for quite some time, & I am now getting this error message displayed:- "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information,...
  6. WIndows Update Issue with Audio version 1903

WIndows Update Issue with Audio version 1903: I saw some forums saying to download this patch https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4505903/windows-10-update-kb4505903 , But it didn't let me install the patch? I tried X64 & Arm64. I'm having issues, with low volume, when playing Games, Youtube, etc. Whenever i play...
  7. Issue: Windows10 update Version :1903

Issue: Windows10 update Version :1903: anymore. I am very confused. I need help as soon as possible. I need someone who instructs me to push, hold any keys ? so that it can appear Options Menu, and I am able return to the version 1803. In short, I want to use my desktop computer. Thank you so much. Phong Tran...
  8. Display and driver issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build version.

Display and driver issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build version.: Hi, I have a computer running Win10 x64 (1809) just fine. It is an old machine and I needed to manually select the driver for the GPU (Radeon HD 5750) since the driver automatically selected by Windows didn't work so well... But again, everything runs smoothly on 1809....
  9. What build version is Windows 10 Update 1903?

What build version is Windows 10 Update 1903?: My Windows 10 Pro desktop shows "Build 17763.rs5_release.180914.1434" in the lower left corner. I finally got Windows 10 Feature update version 1903 installed after several tries. Windows update shows it as installed, and that my Windows installation is up-to-date. Is...
  10. update to windows 10 version 1903 issue

update to windows 10 version 1903 issue: please fiax this update problems.thank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-version-1903-issue/0ebec7ec-d442-4cc3-90c7-9b03bf3ea977