Windows 10: Unable to update, windows update cannot connect to update service

Discus and support Unable to update, windows update cannot connect to update service in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hello friend.. I cannot update windows 10 to anniversary update. Every time I check for update, this came out "We couldn't connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by emperor496, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Unable to update, windows update cannot connect to update service

hello friend..

I cannot update windows 10 to anniversary update. Every time I check for update, this came out

"We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."

I am connected to internet, Mozilla firefox is ok, utorrent is ok, everything is fine except windows update.
    I have try disable the firewall, turn off windows defender, disable antivirus, none of it work.
    I downloaded windows10 update assistant, did not work.
    I don't know what is blocking windows update form connecting to internet.

Any suggestion? or perhaps solution.

Thank You.

:)

emperor496, Sep 5, 2016

2. Windows update_1900101 Windows 10

I haven't been able to install Windows 10 due to the following error: C1900101-20017. Any idea what this is and does it mean I'm out of luck?

Windows update-1900101, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Unable to connect to windows update service.

I shall leave you in my colleague Greg Carmack's capable hands. Good luck to you both!

Over & out...

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Unable to update, windows update cannot connect to update service

Hi, try Settings, search for Troubleshooting, click Troubleshooting
    In the Window that opens click

Fix problems with Windows Update

at the bottom.

Please post back the outcome.

Also make sure you're not set to use a metered connection,
    and try checking this:
    Choose how updates are delivered is Off in Settings, Updates, Advanced Options

There is a Windows Updates reset script here:
    Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    and here:
    Reset Windows updates - Microsoft Community

dalchina, Sep 5, 2016
  5. I have try all the above suggestion, unfortunately none of them work.

Is it possible a virus/malware is blocking the connection to update services?

emperor496, Sep 6, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    When was your last update?

Also suggest you don't rush to get the anniversary upgrade... just search the web for
    anniversary upgrade problems

MS is working on some of them.. only one fix update released so far.

Try Tweaking.com's repair tool (free, cautious)- select ONLY the relevant repair.

See #8 here:
    [SOLVED] unable to update windows 10 - Tech Support Forum
    - you can find info about resetting the store in the Tutorial section.

also
    Solved Windows Update not working since installing the November build to Wind - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Sep 6, 2016
  7. Still no luck.. tried the tweaking repair tool, tried what the other thread did.. still the same error.
    Also new things i found out, the default windows apps, News & Store are unable to connect to internet like the update service.. others are ok.

I am not rushing to anniversary upgrade, just want the windows to update.
    Last update was in July. After that, this error came. Tried everything for months, only now I ask in the forum because I dont know what else to do. (other than re-installing windows, which will waste my time)

emperor496, Sep 6, 2016
  8. lx07 Win User

You could try Windows Update MiniTool which you can download from here wumt.zip - Google Drive

It gets updates from the same (MS) servers so you should be able to tell if the problem is with Windows Update or the servers being blocked somehow.

lx07, Sep 6, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 6, 2016
  10. Windows Update MiniTool also did not work.

I scan the PC with Malwarebytes, remove 4 malwares ( cant remember their lovely name). Now, updates are downloading.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all the help, suggestion, tips. I learn a lot today.

Thank you very much friends.

emperor496, Sep 6, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to update, windows update cannot connect to update service - Similar Threads - Unable update update

2. Windows Update Error: Cannot Connect to Update Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Error: Cannot Connect to Update Service: I have been attempting to update my Windows and it tells me that it cannot connect to Windows Update Service. This has been occurring for months, and I now suspect that my computer has been crashing somewhat randomly due to outdated drivers that I cannot update. I would very...
  3. unable to connect to update service.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to connect to update service.: When updating ,getting retry reply. Try later. If still unable , check internet connection. I am receiving e mail and sending also. I am also using web service without difficulty .Many attempts for 2 days. No good....
  4. unable to connect to update service.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to connect to update service.: When updating ,getting retry reply. Try later. If still unable , check internet connection. I am receiving e mail and sending also. I am also using web service without difficulty .Many attempts for 2 days. No good....
  5. unable to connect to update service.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot connect to Windows update services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Windows update services: My computer will not update because it won't connect to the update services. Troubleshoot doesn't find anything. The computer really needs to be updated. I feel like I have tried everything....
  7. Cannot connect to Windows update services

Cannot connect to Windows update services: My computer will not update because it won't connect to the update services. Troubleshoot doesn't find anything. The computer really needs to be updated. I feel like I have tried everything....
  8. Unable to connect to Windows update service.

Unable to connect to Windows update service.: I am in the process of updating two windows PCs simultaneously, on the same desk and using the same network connection. My Surface Pro is quite happily downloading and installing updates from the windows update service. But my desktop PC is having a problem in connecting to...
  9. Cannot connect to the windows update service

Cannot connect to the windows update service: After i have updated my windows 10 home to 1903 update after that when ever i try to update windows it says Cannot connect to the windows update service.I have ran the troubleshooter but it does nothing....
  10. Windows 10 Update - Cannot connect to Update Service

Windows 10 Update - Cannot connect to Update Service: I have just purchased a new laptop and I am having a few issues. Firstly I cannot download any apps from Store - I get an error message code Code: 0x80072F8F. I have also tried to install the latest updates and get the following message: "We couldn't connect to the update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot connect to windows update service

2. cannot connect to update service

3. windows update unable to connect to update service

4. unable to connect to windows update service,
  5. unable connect windows update,
  6. windows update medic service access denied,
  7. windows update unable to connect to service,
  8. window update service unable to connect,
  9. windows cannot connect to update service,
  10. unable to connect with windows update service,
  11. can`t connect to windows update service