Windows 10: Unattend File

Discus and support Unattend File in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using WDS with Unattend File to deploy Win 10 to my VMs. It works fine, but the problem is, after the installation, the VM restarts and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VetKF, Feb 6, 2019.

1. VetKF Win User

Unattend File

Hi, I'm using WDS with Unattend File to deploy Win 10 to my VMs.

It works fine, but the problem is, after the installation, the VM restarts and then boots from PXE again. (Basically, it's an infinite loop of Win 10 Installation because of the restart). What options do I have to prevent that?

:)

VetKF, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Unattend File [​IMG]

Hej Ken. Din svarfil antyder att du är också en Finlandsvensk. Välkommen till Ten Forums!

Unattend File [​IMG]

Hi Ken. Your answer file suggests that you are a fellow Finland Swede. Welcome to Ten Forums!

That error is because there's no generic product key or MAK key in your answer file. It is obligatory in autounattend.xml answer file, the one that takes care of first phase of Windows setup, partitioning and installing.

Please see step 3.9 in following tutorial for how to add key in answer file: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10

Kari, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Unattend xml File....

hiiii

i would like to install windows via WDS Server. How To Create Unattend .XML File in Server 2012......

Regard

Mohit

Mohit Bahirat, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Unattend File

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Unattend File

1. Unattend File - Similar Threads - Unattend File

2. Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>: I built a brand new PC from the ground up, and upon moving my old harddrive to the newmachine I'm met with the need to reinstall windows.The process won't get any further than copying files because of the following message:Windows could not apply the unattend answer...
  3. Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>: I built a brand new PC from the ground up, and upon moving my old harddrive to the newmachine I'm met with the need to reinstall windows.The process won't get any further than copying files because of the following message:Windows could not apply the unattend answer...
  4. Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issues with unattended file for windows 11 but works with windows 10 fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with unattended file for windows 11 but works with windows 10 fine: Hi Friends I have this unattended file is there anything wrong with this file could someone advise this is for windows 11<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="generalize"> <component...
  6. Issues with unattended file for windows 11 but works with windows 10 fine

Issues with unattended file for windows 11 but works with windows 10 fine: Hi Friends I have this unattended file is there anything wrong with this file could someone advise this is for windows 11<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="generalize"> <component...
  7. Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file: new gaming pc build try to download windows 11 from windows 11 with product key. windows setup message pops up when turning pc on. Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file. how do I down load my windows 11 software on my new pc build. note...
  8. Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file

Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file: new gaming pc build try to download windows 11 from windows 11 with product key. windows setup message pops up when turning pc on. Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file. how do I down load my windows 11 software on my new pc build. note...
  9. Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...: Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s <ImageInstall> setting . Make sure the setting reference a valid partition and restart the installationWindows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...
  10. Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...: Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s <ImageInstall> setting . Make sure the setting reference a valid partition and restart the installationWindows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unattend file present: no

2. unattend file

3. win 1903 unattended

4. windows 1903 wds unattended file,
  5. unattend answer file do not create edge icon