Windows 10: Unauthorized changes blocked

Discus and support Unauthorized changes blocked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just recently after my NVIDIA informed me there was an update which I installed I started getting messages "Unauthorized changes blocked" A typical... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by smalltown, Nov 14, 2017.

1. smalltown Win User

Unauthorized changes blocked

Just recently after my NVIDIA informed me there was an update which I installed I started getting messages "Unauthorized changes blocked" A typical message reads Controlled access folder blocked C*Tonguerogram\ nvcontainer.exe from making changes to the folder %userprof...\Tdbswd56spcap

If I click on any of thses messages I go to an "Allow an app through Controlled folder access" page where apparently I can add access for an app ? Am I supposed to manuall add the app in the file name location ?

Not sure if this is because of an update or what, but even opening my Adobe Photoshop Elements was giving me the same message.

:)

smalltown, Nov 14, 2017
  2. Nylgram Win User

unauthorized change blocked

I ran a repair through Windows Update and all fine now.

thanks for suggestions, which I have kept on file

regards

Nylgram, Nov 14, 2017
  3. unauthorized change blocked

First, let’s take a quick look at some examples of how not to deal with Windows Defender's
    Controlled Folder Access blocking events:

Windows 10 Home - "Unauthorized changes blocked"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...older-access-windows-defender-security-center

In most cases, Controlled Folder Access (ransomware protection) has been turned on by the user, or by an administrator, for the purpose of providing ransomware protection, and of course tuning it off will simply cancel that protection.
    But turning off your ransomware protection isn’t really necessary, because allowing an unrecognized app is a lot easier than the third-party documentation is making it out to be, especially if you use the shortcut that I describe below.

So let’s take a look at a real-world example of how this works: The other day I encountered a
    stream write error when I went to save a VHF station in my SDR app (SDRuno) – and a few seconds later, I got a notification that Windows Defender had blocked SDRuno from writing to a protected folder.

Now there’s a very handy shortcut for allowing an app – just click on the notification, and that immediately brings up the
    Allow an app through Controlled folder access window. But before you click on the notification, be sure to either jot down the file path provided, or commit it to memory – because clicking on the notification will also erase it. Since I hadn’t
    expected that to happen, I had to open up Event Viewer and find the blocking event (Event ID 1123) in order to confirm the file path for SDRuno.exe:

Unauthorized changes blocked [​IMG]

Right-click on the Start button
    and select Event Viewer.

Then navigate to Applications and Services >
    Microsoft > Windows >
    Windows Defender > Operational

Filter for (or just look for): Event ID

The file path is all you need to know in order to allow access for an unrecognized app. Here’s a Microsoft article that covers the topic in a way that at least makes sense.

Add additional folders and apps to be protected by Windows 10

The Allow an app through Controlled folder access
    link is right there in the settings under the Controlled folder access
    heading – and this option uses an open-file dialog to choose apps (executable files) that will be allowed access to protected document files (whitelisted). So isn’t it amazing that the Windows Support document entitled
    Allow a blocked app in Windows Defender Security Center doesn’t have a word to say about that link, or about the
    Allow an app through Controlled folder access window:

Unauthorized changes blocked [​IMG]

GreginMich, Nov 14, 2017
  4. Unauthorized changes blocked

Hi,
    Windows defenders new features.

ThrashZone, Nov 14, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
  6. Hi,
    According to the message it would seem system files are added by default to folder protection and just don't show up as being restricted.

I've installed NVidia drivers... and didn't run into the message so something isn't quite right in your system.

ThrashZone, Nov 14, 2017
  7. smalltown Win User
    Brink thanks for the tutorial link !
    After reading that, and looking at my system. I tried to find that particular file that the security message is flagging by searching my system. I could not find that file.

Please correct me if my thinking is incorrect:
    I can see the list of Protected folders, and where I would click to add any folder I would like protected.
    Does that mean that the file I am chasing is sitting in one of these protected folders, but hidden ?

smalltown, Nov 15, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

The protected folders are what Windows Defender is preventing access to instead.

The notification you get that access has been blocked will tell you which app was denied access. However, this does not always help to know exactly which file for the app was denied.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unauthorized changes blocked - Similar Threads - Unauthorized changes blocked

2. Notification received: 'Unauthorized changes blocked.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notification received: 'Unauthorized changes blocked.: ;Controlled Folder Access Blocked. C:WindowsTemp...DST.exe' from making changes to memory.Can someone please translate this message into plain English for me. I have no idea what this message refers to. Desktop, Windows 10, 21H1, 0s 19043.1348, Edge Browser 96.0.1054.53...
  3. Windows Security : Unauthorized changes block

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security : Unauthorized changes block: Why is it that frequently I get the following notification on my PC:Windows SecurityVirus & Threat ProtectionUnauthorized changes blockedControlled Folder access blocked C\Windows\....\svchost.exe from making changes to memory. What is the svchost.exe execution file? I have...
  4. Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked

Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked: Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked: Controlled folder access blocked C:\Program ... \soffice.bin from making changes to the folder %userprofile%\Documents Appears to be trying to perform a "save as" when I am actually trying to save a new file or changes I...
  5. "Unauthorized changes blocked"

"Unauthorized changes blocked": I keep getting the following message from Windows Defender on a regular basis even when I'm not trying to make any changes: " Virus & threat protection.... unauthorized changes blocked" (eg: "C:\Program F...\chrome.exe"). I have checked the antivirus settings and all...
  6. Unauthorized changes blocked:

Unauthorized changes blocked:: Keep getting "unauthorized changes blocked control folder access blocked C:windows/rundll.32.exefrom making changes to user file/favorites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unauthorized-changes-blocked/5de506bd-7ea5-471d-a9c0-9df67a5bc0fd
  7. Frustration with continual "Unauthorized Changes Blocked"

Frustration with continual "Unauthorized Changes Blocked": I'm trying to update my Sonos sound system software and the update stops mid-way through and I get the above notification message: "Controlled folder access blocked c:\...|SonosLibraryServ... from making changes to the folder %userprofile" I've gone into Virus & Threat...
  8. Unauthorized changes blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unauthorized changes blocked: I'm getting a repetitious notification stating: Controlled folder access blocked <C:\Windows\WmiPrvSE.exe> from making changes to memory... Is this a relevant concern and how would I block this, or stop this notification from reoccurrence?...
  9. Unauthorized Changes Blocked

Unauthorized Changes Blocked: I opened a post a few weeks ago, and my questions were not answered, so I am opening a new post: The following message briefly pops up several times, then stops for a while, then pops up again: "Virus and threat protection Unauthorized Changes Blocked Controlled Folder...
  10. Unauthorized changes blocked

Unauthorized changes blocked: Using an older program, Paint Shop Pro 7, trying to save a photo to a new location such as the desktop or a library I am not allowed, and get this message. I am trying to save this file yet the message seems to suggest I am searching for it! [img] 101886

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tdbswd56spcap

2. tdbswd56spcap what is it

3. why is windows telling me unauthorized changes blocked

4. sdruno memory scan,
  5. unauthorized changes blocked windows 10 adobe,
  6. adobe cc windows 10 defender blocked unauthorized changes blocked ,
  7. Can you tell me about unauthorized changes block,
  8. %userprof...\Tdbswd56spcap.