Windows 10: Underline on file and folder names

Discus and support Underline on file and folder names in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of my folders and file names are underlined -- how can I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Barbara JHelms, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Underline on file and folder names

All of my folders and file names are underlined -- how can I fix it?

:)

Barbara JHelms, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Name a file with out underline

Welcome to TenForums.

The underilne is not the text of the name, rather it indicates that if you click on the file you will open it (same as a browser underlines links). This is normal behaviour if you have set File Explorer's folder options to 'Single click to open an item'. Set it for a double-click to open and the underline will disappear.

See this tutorial:
    Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10

3. TRrose Win User
    Name a file with out underline

When I name a file, in View I see that the file name has been underlined. How can I name, rename or view a file without the underline?

TRrose, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Donna Men Win User

Underline on file and folder names

Windows 10 Pro Remove underline from desktop folders

Hi Martin,

This usually appear cause of depending on the folder settings. You can remove the underline by following these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Choose File Explorer Options (should be on Small icons view to see it).
    • Under Click items as follows, click Underline icon titles only when I point at them or
      Double-click to open an item.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Should there be anything else, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Underline on file and folder names

1. Underline on file and folder names - Similar Threads - Underline file folder

2. Files and folders with $ in the name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and folders with $ in the name: My C: drive SSD was replaced by Dell. All of my applications and files were lost. I can reinstall all the applications, but the files I saved at S3 are funky to use. Many folders have "$" appended to the folder name. Then under the folder many files also have "$" appended to...
  3. Files and folders with $ in the name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and folders with $ in the name: My C: drive SSD was replaced by Dell. All of my applications and files were lost. I can reinstall all the applications, but the files I saved at S3 are funky to use. Many folders have "$" appended to the folder name. Then under the folder many files also have "$" appended to...
  4. File folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File folder name: When I'm trying to type a name into a new file, it will stop me after so many characters. What is going on? How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-name/87c6a0f0-b69b-4506-ac4f-3d340bdc3f21
  5. Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names

Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names: Hello, I am using windows and have the following situation: I have multiple PDF files which naming system is as following: 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1801 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1802 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1807 I also have folders that are named as following:...
  6. Files and folders names in explorer

Files and folders names in explorer: Letters in the name of files or folders in explorer are separated. For example, look at the screenshots:[ATTACH][ATTACH] As you can see, the name is written as a single word, but, when i save it, it separates. How to solve this problem? I have the latest Windows 10 2004...
  7. File folder names gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File folder names gone: My file folder names disappeared when I recently 3/2020 updated Windows. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-names-gone/819f1c73-77a3-4ada-80d9-ebf057024ab8
  8. Name a file with out underline

in Windows 10 Support
    Name a file with out underline: When I name a file, in View I see that the file name has been underlined. How can I name, rename or view a file without the underline? 140784
  9. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  10. User's Files folder name changed to"Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Files folder name changed to"Folders": User's files folder name(In my case its 'Dev') suddenly changed to "Folders". Whatever new account I create it still shows the home folder as "Folders". Pls help..Its really annoying.My brother used the laptop and accidently installed some malware and adware which i just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 remove underlined folder names

2. how to underline folders