Windows 10: Undo & Redo

Discus and support Undo & Redo in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have deleted some files by using Undo (Ctrl+z) on my desktop by mistake, how can i recover this files ? Redo didn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HeshamSakr, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Undo & Redo

I have deleted some files by using Undo (Ctrl+z) on my desktop by mistake, how can i recover this files ? Redo didn't work

:)

HeshamSakr, Apr 28, 2019
  2. crazy kal Win User
    crazy kal, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Why is there no undo and redo buttons on the task bar?

When in various web sites, the top task bars have always been relatively the same with the undo and redo buttons in the task bar. In Windows 10 there seems to be none. Is it a function of Windows 10 or is it a function of the browser that is being used.
    I am on my husband's laptop and he has Windows 10 and his browser is their Edge. On my laptop (which is in the shop) I have Windows 10, but use the Firefox browser and I think it is still there. I can't be sure because I cannot check at this time due to it
    being in for a repair. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Many times when typing stuff, due to maybe a sensitive keyboard, the typed paragraph or some of my lines disappear as if I hit a delete button. I have in the past been able to use the right
    click and see the "undo"... or also use the one at the top fo the screen in a task bar. Help! Thank you.

MarshaSavage, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Tony K Win User

Undo & Redo

Redoing my system

This is a thread for me to communicate with Kari and other members as I redo my system so as not to disrupt the tutorials. I find this more convenient and more open than PMs also. Any help or suggestions in performing my redo will be welcome. If any questions, please ask.

I have been and will be using some of Kari's and others' tutorials as listed below. I have my Acer system and/or laptop here for communications, USBs made, and my procedure list in front of me. This is on my dual-boot Asus tower as listed in my specs. Somewhat tricky on a 120GB SSD along with a 2TB internal secondary spinner for personal files and backups.

While planning, I read some basics in scripting by Kari.

PowerShell Scripting - The Basics General Tips Tutorials

System Setup Procedure

Make backup image

Create System Image in Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Backup Restore Tutorials

Backup everything individually:
    Documents
    Pictures
    Videos
    Edge Favorites: C:\Users\MyAccount\MicrosoftEdgeBackups\backups\MicrosoftEdgeBackup > .html file
    IE Favorites: C:\Users\MyAccount\Favorites
    Passwords
    Email addresses
    Have ability to have access to paid programs and/or games to reinstall
    Any software keys

Set UEFI to default

Make ISO(s):
    DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk > Step 1 > Preparations - Create USB install media
    DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Prepare drive:
    DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk > Step 2 > Preparations - Create DISKPART Script > Use Script One

DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk > Step 3: Boot from USB

DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk > Step 4: Run DISKPART script

Turn on printer and insert backup thumb drive.

Install on primary partition:
    DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk > Step 5: Install Primary OS

Perform steps below.

Install on secondary partition:

Windows Insider - Clean install latest Fast Ring build
    Windows Insider - Clean install latest Fast Ring build Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Or

DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk > Step 6: Install Secondary OS

After install of each partition system:

A) Install any peripheral drivers and monitoring software of collection in D:/Asus Setup folder.
    B) Change saving files to secondary D: drive in Settings app > System > Storage > Change where new content is saved.
    C) Set up OneDrive in its settings. Make sure to have latest version.
    D) Install UWP apps (from Store library), Office 365, and other software.
    E) Perform Disk Cleanup.
    F) Turn BitLocker on.
    G) Optimize D: drive
    H) On install of Insider fast ring perform Registry hack to enter Skip Ahead branch.
    I) Make backup image.

Tony K, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Undo & Redo

1. Undo & Redo - Similar Threads - Undo Redo

2. Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install updates. Win10 We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes: Hello. I cant update my win10. Every time i get this error on 97%: We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes.My CBS folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag2f64qHpHghjAGwSNXlm5-226oR?e=4OhLFEDoing many fix attempts, nothing helps :Help me pls....
  3. Hi, how can I disable Undo/Redo action in window 11 context menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, how can I disable Undo/Redo action in window 11 context menu?: The problem start with file copy operation. I copied about 40 GB of my data from Drive F: to Drive E: . After the copy, I deleted the data from Drive F: then I accidentally clicked the "Undo" action from context menu and all my files from Drive E is gone. The data are not...
  4. Hi, how can I disable Undo/Redo action in window 11 context menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, how can I disable Undo/Redo action in window 11 context menu?: The problem start with file copy operation. I copied about 40 GB of my data from Drive F: to Drive E: . After the copy, I deleted the data from Drive F: then I accidentally clicked the "Undo" action from context menu and all my files from Drive E is gone. The data are not...
  5. custom keyboard shortcut for Undo and Redo

in Windows 10 Support
    custom keyboard shortcut for Undo and Redo: I have a program in which I use the "Undo" keyboard shortcut of Ctrl-z, and the "Redo" shortcut of Ctrl-y, dozens of time daily. I am a poor typist an it would be much easier for me to have a single key shortcut for both of these functions. Is it possible to customize Windows...
  6. Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y NOT WORKING: Hello, As the title says, I'm not sure how and when the issue started but it was noticed recently. It affects the windows system as a whole as well as all application software. Help is appreciated. Thanks...
  7. Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y: Hello, As the title says, I'm not sure how and when the issue started but it was noticed recently. It affects the windows system as a whole as well as all application software. Help is appreciated. Thanks...
  8. Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y

in Windows 10 Customization
    Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y: Hello, As the title says, I'm not sure how and when the issue started but it was noticed recently. It affects the windows system as a whole as well as all application software. I tried the suggested solution in this link...
  9. How to ReDo multiple times? To correct accidental multiple UnDo's?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to ReDo multiple times? To correct accidental multiple UnDo's?: First Post - How do I essentially Reverse the Back Arrow Undo function? (Button in upper left W10 File Manager). The adjacent Forward Arrow Redo button only seems to Re Do 1 step. But I want to Redo several accidental UnDo's. Using W10 File Manager, I downloaded 33 jpg...
  10. Undo and redo files or photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undo and redo files or photos: I've lost folder contain a lot of photos by pressing Ctrl+Z and when i Pressed Ctrl+Y to recover it it's came back empty XD . IS there any solution to bring them back ?...