Windows 10: Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos

Discus and support Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, I perused my (extensive) photo gallery in search of photos to use in a PhotoBook. Keep in mind I don't reference a lot of older photos, on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FrederickBarfoot, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos

Recently, I perused my (extensive) photo gallery in search of photos to use in a PhotoBook.

Keep in mind I don't reference a lot of older photos, on a regular basis.

So, back in 2006 vintage, I was very surprised to find several .PNG files, named "GoldRat.png, SilverRat.png, and several other metals all named with the 'Rat' part. Then, looking at other files, I found a deluge of other .PNG's, all with Skype banners, and named such things

as 'Empire Skype.png', 'Christmas Skype.png', 'Ninja Skype.png','Surfing Skype.png', and so on.

I've had Malwarebytes Support assisting with this craziness, thinking malware infection. However, my PC passed with honours, and the actual files scan clean also.

Here are some examples, hoping others may have encountered this. It just seems it may have more to do with the Microsoft Photos App I use with Windows10, rather than malicious intent.

Check these out, and please hold your laughter Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos :)

Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos 0b65a040-d64d-4b64-bdc2-98b20e2ed47c?upload=true.png Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos 30117e11-94a5-40fa-b9e4-73319850f48c?upload=true.png Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos 7f468d65-d472-42ef-b2d8-f4bad97f78a8?upload=true.png Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos b910cef7-3e97-4dad-b886-88c9a6e373a7?upload=true.png Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos 9cdc3443-ebd9-4f07-b41e-904314ad5ee8?upload=true.png Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos 4bc62509-1278-43a5-8882-548ec34a1101?upload=true.png Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos a72af17c-6458-49c5-b894-101dc99e24e2?upload=true.png

:)

FrederickBarfoot, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Edwin Win User

File Explorer "Photos" icon now missing since Creators Edition update

You could restore the classic Windows Photo Viewer app

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 13, 2018
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos

photo files

Hi Don,

We would like to ask some questions to better assist you with this issue.

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Did you receive any error messages/codes when you tried accessing your photo files?
    • Are you trying to access your photos through File Explorer or Photo app?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    Also, we suggest that you use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted files. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. You may visit this
    article for the steps.

We'll wait for your reply.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos

1. Unexpected .PNG Files Mixed With My Photos - Similar Threads - Unexpected PNG Files

2. Windows 10 photo viewer won't open .png files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 photo viewer won't open .png files: Whenever I try to open a .png file I get an error with the file path and the following message: "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor" I can open the .png file in paint but not in the photo viewer....
  3. My Photos is full of PNG files I don't want

My Photos is full of PNG files I don't want: My Photos is cluttered with PNG files I don't want , and I can't get rid of them. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-photos-is-full-of-png-files-i-dont-want/5bc04cc7-aaeb-45fd-98a7-3245cfe4eb23
  4. mix files

mix files: hi, i found some pictures with .mix extension. can anyone help me to open or transfer these pictures to a readable extension pls ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mix-files/5c2ba3d5-743b-4e33-85c9-94f425483602
  5. photos file filling up with png. files HELP

photos file filling up with png. files HELP: windows10 photos is filling up with png. files every month and I can't stop it or delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-file-filling-up-with-png-files-help/4b339243-b834-4ae1-89d1-4fa514572c34
  6. Background and transparency in my PNG files?

Background and transparency in my PNG files?: Hello everyone Years ago, i made som pictures in MS Paint and saved them as PNG. I was now wondering, if the pictures have a background or any transparency. The files are bit depth 24. They do not have any tRNS chunks. They do not have any bKGD chunks. So it is safe to...
  7. Opening PNG FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening PNG FILES: When I open a "PNG" file I get a warning (Below) saying it could harm my computer, so I uncheck the "Always ask" box and then it opens. [ATTACH] But when I try to open another later it will ask again, is there ant way I can get it to remember my preference....
  8. Mix files

Mix files: Is there any MS download that will allow me to open mix files created years ago using Picture It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mix-files/d87a7ea9-4cd6-4093-9fa1-f9bb68a5c689"
  9. Microsoft Photos can't favorite png or gif file types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos can't favorite png or gif file types: I want to favorite a .png file or .gif file but the Microsoft Photos app does not let me do that, is there anything i can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-cant-favorite-png-or-gif-file/1474f9ff-c6ba-43ca-9526-20c4a4e55edc
  10. Photo folders are mixed up

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo folders are mixed up: I have just copied some photos from my old laptop onto my new one which has windows 10. The photos were sorted into folders called 'boat', 'pets', 'family', 'trees', 'for printing' etc each containing photos taken on more than one occasion. Now on my new laptop they are...