Windows 10: Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap

Discus and support Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 062216-6796-01.dmp 22/06/2016 22:56:42 UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 0x1000007f 00000000`00000008 ffffd000`b18b4a30 ffffd000`b18d1010 fffff83b`9d1d79d... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lordgeny, Jun 22, 2016.

1. lordgeny Win User

Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap

062216-6796-01.dmp 22/06/2016 22:56:42 UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 0x1000007f 00000000`00000008 ffffd000`b18b4a30 ffffd000`b18d1010 fffff83b`9d1d79d

this happen randomly , sometimes give me bsod but sometimes pc totally freeze with last sound freezing/buzzing , and i must force power off from power button..

like this video
    PC freezes and makes buzzing noise - YouTube

:)

lordgeny, Jun 22, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

Phantom USB causing kernel mode bsod

That error was an 0x7f (UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP).

Can you provide the memory.dmp file from that crash?

auggy, Jun 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10

Why do I get the message unexpected_kernel_mode_trap and how can I fix it?

Rustyboy14, Jun 22, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Counterfit installation:

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified on your system.

A counterfeit installation may contain modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.

Please install a genuine copy of Windows and activate it.

If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.

Forum rules

Ztruker, Jun 22, 2016
  5. lordgeny Win User
    ok i buyed e activated my Windows with original key and new dump files come

lordgeny, Jun 30, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Thank you.

The dump from the 29th may give us a clue:

Code: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f) This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc) Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these traps are. . Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT Arg2: ffffd00026376a30 Arg3: ffffd000203f6020 Arg4: fffff83e87f67985[/quote] I'd like you to run a CPU stress test and if that doesn't indicate any errors, Driver Verifier:

Follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:

Run Driver Verifier:
    If neither shows an error then test your RAM:

Ztruker, Jul 1, 2016
  7. lordgeny Win User
    02 oh and 50 min uptime now with driver verifier and no bsod at all -_- ... cpu stress no trouble . waiting for bsod

lordgeny, Jul 2, 2016
  8. lordgeny Win User

finally i got bsod with verifier on , thanks

lordgeny, Jul 4, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Dump wasa caused by WmBEnum.sys.

The driver is very old and needs to be updated or removed:
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm WmBEnum start end module name fffff801`86b80000 fffff801`86b84d00 WmBEnum T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: WmBEnum.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WmBEnum.sys Image name: WmBEnum.sys Timestamp: Tue Apr 27 16:10:19 2010 (4BD744AB) CheckSum: 0000E6B8 ImageSize: 00004D00 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Ztruker, Jul 4, 2016
  10. lordgeny Win User
    i will remove it in the evening , my question is why i have this driver on my system ? i have logitech webcam and also driving gt force ,

lordgeny, Jul 4, 2016
  11. lordgeny Win User
    ok i found and removed Logitech Gaming Software was installed for logitech driving force ,

lordgeny, Jul 4, 2016
  12. lordgeny Win User
    how can i delete all trace of the driver?

lordgeny, Jul 4, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

I would hope uninstalling Logitech Gaming Software would do that for you.I normally use Revo Uninstaller Pro to uninstall software as it does a good job of cleaning up the leftover stuf. To late now though.

Ztruker, Jul 5, 2016
  14. lordgeny Win User
    ok no more bsod now , but now sometimes :

1) after go in sleep mode , no wake up just black screen , and the only way is power off from button
    or
    2) totally freeze with cursor freezed and the only way is power off from button.

this random without any bsod or error in the log event

lordgeny, Jul 7, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Try running Driver Verifier again, see if it shows any other problem.

You could also stop using sleep. Instead use Screen Saver to turn off the display and hard drive after a set time.

Ztruker, Jul 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - Similar Threads - Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap

2. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hello,For some time now, I've been having more bluescreen with my PC running Windows 10 UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.I've run an analysis of the minidump file, so here's an example:BUGCHECK_CODE: 7fBUGCHECK_P1: 8BUGCHECK_P2:...
  3. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hello,For some time now, I've been having more bluescreen with my PC running Windows 10 UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.I've run an analysis of the minidump file, so here's an example:BUGCHECK_CODE: 7fBUGCHECK_P1: 8BUGCHECK_P2:...
  4. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

8. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

9. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

10. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging