Windows 10: Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps

Discus and support Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps How to Uninstall Games and Apps on Xbox One [img] Information The Xbox One is equipped with a 500 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps

How to: Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps

How to Uninstall Games and Apps on Xbox One

Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps [​IMG]
    Information The Xbox One is equipped with a 500 GB or 1 TB internal hard drive depending on which console you purchased. Most of this space is available for storing games and apps, though some is reserved for saved games, console software, and other important system functions.

A triple-A game on Xbox One can use around 20 GB and 40 GB of storage space on a drive. Installing a lot of games can quickly use up your storage space.

You can uninstall games and apps on your Xbox One if you need to make room for a new game, or if you want to uninstall a title that you don’t use anymore.

This tutorial will show you how to uninstall games, apps, and saved data on your Xbox One.

Note If this was a digital game installed, then you will always be able to select to reinstall the game at any time.

If this was a game installed with a disc, then you will need the game disc to be able to reinstall.

Xbox One keeps all your data up to date by synchronizing with Xbox Live. You no longer need to make a decision about whether to save something locally or in the cloud—your data is stored in both places automatically. Saved games, app data, and your preferences are immediately available when you sign in to any Xbox One console.

Here's How:

1. While on the Home screen, scroll down and select My games & apps. (see screenshot below)

2. Select Games or Apps on the left menu for what you want to uninstall. (see screenshot below)

3. Select the storage device (ex: all) that contains the game or app you want to uninstall. (see screenshot below)

4. Highlight a game or app you want to uninstall. (see screenshot below)

5. Press the menu button on your Xbox One wireless controller. (see screenshot below)

6. Select Manage game or Manage app. (see screenshot below)

7. Highlight the game, app, or saved data you want to uninstall. (see screenshots below)

8. Press the menu button on your Xbox One wireless controller. (see screenshot below)

9. Select Uninstall (games or apps) or Clear... (saved data). (see screenshots below)

10. Select Uninstall (games or apps) or Delete from console (saved data) to confirm. (see screenshots below)

11. The game, app, or saved data will now be uninstalled from your Xbox One storage. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 20, 2017

2. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

Hi Kristi,

Xbox App is one of the built-in applications on Windows 10. To uninstall it from your computer, you have to perform the following steps using the Windows PowerShell:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    •  Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  

If you are unable to uninstall the app, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache and try to uninstall the Xbox app again.

Here's how to reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Cannot open Xbox App game bar

Hi Jamie,

Issues with saving your video clips or using the Game bar on Windows 10 are possibly caused by an outdated Xbox app or a corrupted folder on Windows Explorer. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you move your saved video clips to another folder within
    the PC. The next saved videos will automatically go to the new folder.

If the issue persists, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache. Then, uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to manually update it by following the steps below:

To reset Windows Store:

• Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

To update the Xbox App:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

You can also sign in to another use to isolate if there is an issue with your profile.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

4. Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps

Need to fix XBOX game dvr or suggestions for a recording software just like xbox game dvr

To further troubleshoot your concern, w suggest that you run the Windows App Troubleshooter from this link. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue, follow the steps below to reset the Windows Store cache and update Xbox App.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter. 
    • Close the Command prompt, and then launch Windows Store. 
    • Update the Xbox App in the Windows Store.  
    • If there is no option for you to update it, uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Please make sure that the record option for Game DVR on the Xbox App is enabled. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Xbox App.
    • On the left pane, click the gear icon to view Settings.
    • Select Game DVR.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.
    • Check if your Keyboard shortcuts are accurate to the one that you are using.
    • Click Save if you made any changes.

Keep us posted.

5. Ariel Acu Win User
    remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

I done the uninstall procedure per your instruction, but it did not work. The uninstall button for both X-Box apps,are greyed out.They show advanced,but when you click it,it shows a reset button this does not uninstall.Please Help?

Robert Bilderback, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps

1. Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps - Similar Threads - Uninstall Xbox Games

2. Uninstalling Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling Xbox Game Bar: Hello,I am assuming that the Xbox Game Bar, which was pre-installed with my computer, is currently causing me some issues. I have researched on how to uninstall Xbox Game Bar but came with unresolved results. The Xbox Game Bar is not visible to the Windows 11 Uninstall-App...
  3. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  4. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  5. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

6. Uninstalling Xbox game bar

Uninstalling Xbox game bar: Hi there! I don't use Xbox game bar in my pc but it can't be uninstalled. How can I uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-xbox-game-bar/759c82ea-4729-4a9d-8e1c-5b5f2fb72106
  7. Xbox PC app wont uninstall games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox PC app wont uninstall games?: I got gamepass and its given me nothing but headaches, Games get stuck downloading and uninstalling, vanishing onto my drives with no way of deleting them.I try to uninstall a game after no luck of it launching Control and it just stays stuck on UNINSTALLING.Now ive lost 60...
  8. Xbox game uninstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox game uninstall: I have a problem where I wanted to install Forza Horizon 4 but it failed during installing but now I have half of my disk space used cuz of the game failing to install and I cant even find the folder with it. I really need help with it cuz if I cant install it I atleast want...
  9. Can't uninstall games on the XBOX games app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall games on the XBOX games app for Windows 10: Like many others, I've got the Xbox game pass for PC, and downloaded some games. After trying out, I've got an error during the uninstall of these games, namely at the moment Wolfenstein Young Blood and Age of Empires III. By clicking the uninstall button on the app, it...
  10. Xbox One Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Games: Can I play Xbox One games on my PC if I have the disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-one-games/68c01e10-f4af-4a11-8510-c3f7ca195ec0