Windows 10: Move or Copy Xbox One Games and Apps Between Storage Devices

Discus and support Move or Copy Xbox One Games and Apps Between Storage Devices in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Move or Copy Xbox One Games and Apps Between Storage Devices How to Move or Copy Games and Apps Between Storage Devices on Xbox One [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Move or Copy Xbox One Games and Apps Between Storage Devices

How to: Move or Copy Xbox One Games and Apps Between Storage Devices

How to Move or Copy Games and Apps Between Storage Devices on Xbox One

Move or Copy Xbox One Games and Apps Between Storage Devices [​IMG]
    Information The Xbox One is equipped with a 500 GB or 1 TB internal hard drive depending on which console you purchased. Most of this space is available for storing games and apps, though some is reserved for saved games, console software, and other important system functions.

A triple-A game on Xbox One can use around 20 GB and 40 GB of storage space on a drive. Installing a lot of games can quickly use up the internal drive space of your Xbox One.

If you connected and setup an external storage drive to your Xbox One, you will be able to copy or move games and apps between the Xbox One's internal drive and connected external drive(s).

This tutorial will show you how to manage external storage to move or copy games and apps between storage devices on Xbox One.

Note Cloud saves let you play games on multiple consoles. If you have more than one Xbox One console, or if you want to play games at a friend's house, you can store your saved games in the cloud (on our Xbox Live servers). This way you can continue playing a game on a different console, right from where you left off.

See: Using Cloud Game Saves | Xbox One

Here's How:

1. While on the Home screen, scroll down and select My games & apps. (see screenshot below)

2. Select Games or Apps on the left menu for what you want to copy or move, and select the storage device that contains the game(s) or apps(s) you want to move or copy. (see screenshot below)

3. Highlight a game or app you want to move or copy. (see screenshot below)

4. Press the menu button on your Xbox One wireless controller. (see screenshot below)

5. Select Manage game or Manage app. (see screenshot below)

6. Do step 7 (manage all) or step 8 (manage single) for what you want to do.

7. To Move or Copy All Games and Apps from Selected Storage Device
    A) Highlight the selected storage device to move or copy from. (see screenshot below)

B) Press the menu button on your Xbox One wireless controller. (see screenshot below)

C) Select Move all or Copy all for what you want to do, and go to step 9 below. (see screenshot below)

8. To Move or Copy Only Selected Game or App from Selected Storage Device
    A) Highlight the game or app you want to move or copy. (see screenshot below)

B) Press the menu button on your Xbox One wireless controller. (see screenshot below)

C) Select Move or Copy for what you want to do, and go to step 9 below. (see screenshot below)

9. Select Move, Copy, Move all, or Copy all to confirm. (see screenshot below)

Note The option you have here will depend on what you selected in step 7C or step 8C above.

10. Xbox One will now perform the select action (ex: move). (see screenshot below)

11. When finished, the game(s) and/or app(s) will be moved or copied to the other storage device (ex: external USB). (see screenshot below)

Note This could take a long time to finish depending on how much you selected to copy or move.

12. If you like, press the Xbox button on your Xbox One wireless controller to go back to the Home screen. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 17, 2017
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Problem with xbox app on windows 10

Hi Thrainx,

Having a corrupted app file is one of the possible reasons why you're getting this error: 0x406 when trying to start the Xbox app. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset Xbox app from Settings.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps & features.
    4. Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect. Launch the Xbox app.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Move or Copy Xbox One Games and Apps Between Storage Devices

Problems with XBOX App and all gaming settings in general!

Hi Omar,

There are several factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting issues with using the Xbox app in Windows 10. An outdated version of the Xbox app and corrupted Xbox app data are some of the possible reasons as to why you're encountering
    this issue. Here are troubleshooting solutions that you may perform to resolve this issue:

Solution 1: Run troubleshooter

The Windows apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with apps and games downloaded from the Windows Store. Click this

link
    to run this troubleshooter.

Solution 2: Check for updates

Keeping the application and the device up-to-date can help resolve common issues with Windows 10 built-in apps. Refer to the following links for the steps:

Solution 3: Reset the Xbox app

Resetting the app from the Settings menu can help restore corrupted Xbox app data. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your device so that the changes can take effect. Launch the Xbox app and check if the same issue occurs.

Solution 4: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app

You may uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app through the Windows PowerShell. Here are the steps:

• Click Start > All apps >
      Windows PowerShell.
    • Right-click Windows PowerShell and click
      More > Run as Administrator.
    • In the Windows PowerShell window, copy and paste the command
      Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage and press
      Enter.
    • After uninstalling the app, kindly restart your device so that the changes can take effect.
    • Click this
      link
      to download the Xbox app.
    Keep us posted with the progress. We'd be glad to provide you additional assistance.

Catherine Cus., Oct 26, 2019
  5. Xbox DVR saves game as "Xbox" instead of actual title

Hi Tyrea,

An outdated version of the Xbox app and corrupted installation files are possible reasons why you're encountering this issue. For us to determine the root cause, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your device before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried recording other games and check if the same issue occurs?
    In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues regarding applications downloaded from the Windows Store.

Refer to this
    link
    for the steps on how to verify that you have the latest version of the Xbox app on Windows 10.

We also recommend keeping your device up-to-date. See
    How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10
    for the steps.

If the same instance occurs, kindly reset the Xbox app. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and click Settings.​
    • Select System.​
    • Select Apps & features.
    • ​Find the app and click Advanced options.​
    • Click Reset.​
    • Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.
    • ​Launch the app and check if the same instance occurs.
    Resetting the Xbox app can help resolve corrupted installation files.

Catherine Cus., Oct 26, 2019
  6. Need to fix XBOX game dvr or suggestions for a recording software just like xbox game dvr

To further troubleshoot your concern, w suggest that you run the Windows App Troubleshooter from this link. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue, follow the steps below to reset the Windows Store cache and update Xbox App.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard. 
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter. 
    • Close the Command prompt, and then launch Windows Store. 
    • Update the Xbox App in the Windows Store.  
    • If there is no option for you to update it, uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Please make sure that the record option for Game DVR on the Xbox App is enabled. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Xbox App.
    • On the left pane, click the gear icon to view Settings.
    • Select Game DVR.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.
    • Check if your Keyboard shortcuts are accurate to the one that you are using.
    • Click Save if you made any changes.

Keep us posted.

Loraine Mon, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Move or Copy Xbox One Games and Apps Between Storage Devices

1. Move or Copy Xbox One Games and Apps Between Storage Devices - Similar Threads - Move Copy Xbox

2. move game storage location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    move game storage location?: So, I am trying to change the location of where my sims 4 game and content are stored but the move option isn't available. but it's a large install and I can't even download all of the content with the game. I'm wanting to relocate it to the external drive instead of the...
  3. move game storage location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move game storage location?: So, I am trying to change the location of where my sims 4 game and content are stored but the move option isn't available. but it's a large install and I can't even download all of the content with the game. I'm wanting to relocate it to the external drive instead of the...
  4. move game storage location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error 0x87E00010 while copying or moving game or app on Xbox or PC

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x87E00010 while copying or moving game or app on Xbox or PC: [ATTACH]If when you try to copy or move a game or app on your Xbox console or Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, and you receive the Error 0x87E00010, then this post is intended to help you with the most suitable solutions to easily fix the error on your gaming device. The...
  6. Copying game between computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying game between computers: I downloaded a few Microsoft Store games on my laptop and now wish to copy them onto my PC, but when i paste the game file to replace the incomplete one in my WindowsApps folder, i get a message saying "Your organisation does not allow you to place this file here", even after...
  7. Xbox One Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Games: Can I play Xbox One games on my PC if I have the disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-one-games/68c01e10-f4af-4a11-8510-c3f7ca195ec0
  8. Xbox One Game DVR doubles storage space for Captures

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One Game DVR doubles storage space for Captures: New changes to Captures (GameDVR) means x2 storage space for all! Existing clips older than 90 days w/o views will be deleted, as will new clips unviewed after 30 days. Learn how to backup your favorite Captures here. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 120688
  9. Moving Apps To Another Storage Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Apps To Another Storage Device: So Windows 10 has a feature to move apps from one drive to another. I have set my storage setting for everything to be stored on a HDD since my primary OS drive is SDD. Even though I've followed the proper steps, none of my installed apps are being stored on the HDD. I cant...
  10. Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps: How to: Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps How to Uninstall Games and Apps on Xbox One [img] Information The Xbox One is equipped with a 500 GB or 1 TB internal hard drive depending on which console you purchased. Most of this space is available for storing games and...