Windows 10: Uninstall

Discus and support Uninstall in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I uninstall this latest piece of garbage, every time there is an update other computers on the network are locked out of the internet, fed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Auskart, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Auskart Win User

Uninstall

How do I uninstall this latest piece of garbage, every time there is an update other computers on the network are locked out of the internet, fed up with it will probably go back to Linux !!!

:)

Auskart, Sep 26, 2016

2. Uninstall won't uninstall

I decided to expand/clarify in a very brief summary of the above rant.

In my opinion, most error messages essentially say 'something went wrong' and leave the user clueless what to do next in order to avoid the error.

Consider creating useful error messages that could allow the user to actually address the error, on their own, rather than resort to a nearly endless runaround, flailing in the dark.

bob2001(2), Sep 26, 2016
  3. Uninstall won't uninstall

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. I will be glad to assist you on this.

I appreciate your time and effort trying to fix the issue. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I suggest you to boot the system in clean boot state and try uninstalling it.
    Clean boot process will help you determine which third party program/app that is causing this issue. It could be some other application or programs, which runs on the computer at the background, leading to this issue. Please visit the below link
    on how to perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

You can also visit the below link for reference.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2669244

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Uninstall

An update on one computer will have no effect on the Internet access of others.

Tired of sounding like a broken record here, but if it was a piece of garbage, we'd all have issues. 400 million installs can't be wrong. Windows 10 is an incredibly stable OS that runs very well. My entire organization of 140 people would agree.

Now, if you'd like to explain the issue or do something other than just rant, we'd be glad to try and help.

DeaconFrost, Sep 26, 2016
  5. Auskart Win User
    Everytime I do an update I have problems with other computers on the wired network connecting to the internet, there is file access but no Internet access, really getting fed up with it, is there a way to get rid of the latest update.

Auskart, Sep 26, 2016
  6. Rocky Win User
    What piece of garbage are you talking about?

Rocky, Sep 27, 2016
  7. Rocky Win User
    Are you talking about iTunes?

Rocky, Sep 27, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Uninstall

First back up your personal data and then get a DVD/USB flash with a distro of Linux. Finally, install Linux.

That should get er done. I suggest Linux Mint.
    Have a nice day.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 27, 2016
  9. The OP wants to uninstall the latest update.
    Not windows 10.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Sep 27, 2016
  10. This isn't going to help you with your problem, but I'd like to understand this better.

At what point in the update process do the other computers have problems? During the download of the update or during the installation? It could be something as simple as the download eating all your WAN bandwidth. (Not likely, but possible if you have a slow internet connection.) If that is the case, you are probably going to have problems with Linux, too.

On the other hand, there could be something causing your internet "modem" (or whatever device connects you to the internet) to choke. As ridiculous as this sounds, there is a well documented design flaw in a product - Acronis True Image 2017 - that causes some cable modems to reset. (Not only is it well documented, but there is a circumvention - block remote UDP ports 1900 and 5553.) I seriously doubt that there is anything in the Win10 upgrade process that causes a problem like this, but if there is, Microsoft needs to know about it. Be aware that you would need to have this very clearly and specifically documented. Otherwise you risk being accused of being under the influence of controlled substances.

pokeefe0001, Sep 27, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

Uninstall

1. Uninstall - Similar Threads - Uninstall

2. So i cant receive win10 updates anymore until i uninstall vmware?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So i cant receive win10 updates anymore until i uninstall vmware?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EmirSc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwdlr5/so_i_cant_receive_win10_updates_anymore_until_i/
  3. Uninstalled GPU from device manager and can't install it back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled GPU from device manager and can't install it back: Tried DDU and everything but Windows Update, Device Manager and AMD Catalyst all give an error when installing. Comment if you need more information. Trying to install the INF manually from AMD Catalyst gives "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the...
  4. Using the Windows Uninstall Troubleshooter to uninstall Itunes when it does not show up in list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using the Windows Uninstall Troubleshooter to uninstall Itunes when it does not show up in list: So I am trying to completely uninstall iTunes. I tried the Windows Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter, but it merely creates a circular error. ITunes is not listed in the programs detected by the troubleshooter, so it defaults to "Not Listed." But then it demands the...
  5. Uninstalling a font.

Uninstalling a font.: I'm trying to uninstall a font that I downloaded that is not rendering correctly. it says it is 'in use' or 'open in System'. I have tried various methods including the Registry Editor - the font is not there. Please help....
  6. Entry in Control Panel refuses to uninstall: "The specified module could not be found"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Entry in Control Panel refuses to uninstall: "The specified module could not be found": There is an entry ("USB Sound Blaster XD" from Creative Technology) in Control Panel that refuses to be uninstalled ("The specified module could not be found"). I remember that there is a manual way of uninstalling, but I cannot remember any details. Would someone please give...
  7. Cant uninstall a program windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant uninstall a program windows 10: Something happened after the last major windows update and something happened with iTunes and other apple windows programs. and what ive done since has probably made it worse. after doing all of the following windows still thinks there is a version of iTunes installed I...
  8. Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a...: I'm trying to update windows but it's asking me to uninstall Avast which I believed I took off my system some time ago. It doesn't show up anywhere on my PC. How can I bypass this or remove the remnants of Avast? [ATTACH]...
  9. I uninstalled the bluetooth driver from device manager and I cannot reinstall the bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I uninstalled the bluetooth driver from device manager and I cannot reinstall the bluetooth...: Dell XPS 13 9365 Windows 10 Home I lost bluetooth capability and one of the tips I found online was to go to device manager and uninstall bluetooth and it would later automatically update, eventually according to the article. I uninstalled, waited, then panicked and...
  10. Leftover Uninstaller for a Nonexistant Program

Leftover Uninstaller for a Nonexistant Program: I have a 64-bit uninstaller in Programs and Features that refers to a program that doesn't exist in the Program Files folder. It does nothing if I try to run it. Windows says that it is 44GB large. I tried the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter, but it doesn't...