Windows 10: Uninstall

Discus and support Uninstall in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I uninstall this latest piece of garbage, every time there is an update other computers on the network are locked out of the internet, fed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Auskart, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Auskart Win User

Uninstall

How do I uninstall this latest piece of garbage, every time there is an update other computers on the network are locked out of the internet, fed up with it will probably go back to Linux !!!

:)

Auskart, Sep 26, 2016

2. Uninstall won't uninstall

I decided to expand/clarify in a very brief summary of the above rant.

In my opinion, most error messages essentially say 'something went wrong' and leave the user clueless what to do next in order to avoid the error.

Consider creating useful error messages that could allow the user to actually address the error, on their own, rather than resort to a nearly endless runaround, flailing in the dark.

bob2001(2), Sep 26, 2016
  3. Uninstall won't uninstall

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. I will be glad to assist you on this.

I appreciate your time and effort trying to fix the issue. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I suggest you to boot the system in clean boot state and try uninstalling it.
    Clean boot process will help you determine which third party program/app that is causing this issue. It could be some other application or programs, which runs on the computer at the background, leading to this issue. Please visit the below link
    on how to perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

You can also visit the below link for reference.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2669244

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Uninstall

An update on one computer will have no effect on the Internet access of others.

Tired of sounding like a broken record here, but if it was a piece of garbage, we'd all have issues. 400 million installs can't be wrong. Windows 10 is an incredibly stable OS that runs very well. My entire organization of 140 people would agree.

Now, if you'd like to explain the issue or do something other than just rant, we'd be glad to try and help.

DeaconFrost, Sep 26, 2016
  5. Auskart Win User
    Everytime I do an update I have problems with other computers on the wired network connecting to the internet, there is file access but no Internet access, really getting fed up with it, is there a way to get rid of the latest update.

Auskart, Sep 26, 2016
  6. Rocky Win User
    What piece of garbage are you talking about?

Rocky, Sep 27, 2016
  7. Rocky Win User
    Are you talking about iTunes?

Rocky, Sep 27, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Uninstall

First back up your personal data and then get a DVD/USB flash with a distro of Linux. Finally, install Linux.

That should get er done. I suggest Linux Mint.
    Have a nice day.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 27, 2016
  9. The OP wants to uninstall the latest update.
    Not windows 10.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Sep 27, 2016
  10. This isn't going to help you with your problem, but I'd like to understand this better.

At what point in the update process do the other computers have problems? During the download of the update or during the installation? It could be something as simple as the download eating all your WAN bandwidth. (Not likely, but possible if you have a slow internet connection.) If that is the case, you are probably going to have problems with Linux, too.

On the other hand, there could be something causing your internet "modem" (or whatever device connects you to the internet) to choke. As ridiculous as this sounds, there is a well documented design flaw in a product - Acronis True Image 2017 - that causes some cable modems to reset. (Not only is it well documented, but there is a circumvention - block remote UDP ports 1900 and 5553.) I seriously doubt that there is anything in the Win10 upgrade process that causes a problem like this, but if there is, Microsoft needs to know about it. Be aware that you would need to have this very clearly and specifically documented. Otherwise you risk being accused of being under the influence of controlled substances.

pokeefe0001, Sep 27, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

Uninstall

1. Uninstall - Similar Threads - Uninstall

2. how do I uninstall Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I uninstall Microsoft 365: it is ridden with defects I want to get an older version of Office https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-microsoft-365/c8048ca3-5956-4882-9201-8decbab2e4f1
  3. how do I uninstall Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I uninstall Microsoft 365: it is ridden with defects I want to get an older version of Office https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-microsoft-365/c8048ca3-5956-4882-9201-8decbab2e4f1
  4. how do I uninstall Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to uninstall or disable the caps lock pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall or disable the caps lock pop-up: Hey, i have an issue with a specific new feature that just started to appear on my laptop that i don't like, It looks bad, it's slow and otherwise useless since my laptop already shines a light whenever caps lock is activated.I tried finding every single answer, control panel...
  6. How to uninstall or disable the caps lock pop-up

How to uninstall or disable the caps lock pop-up: Hey, i have an issue with a specific new feature that just started to appear on my laptop that i don't like, It looks bad, it's slow and otherwise useless since my laptop already shines a light whenever caps lock is activated.I tried finding every single answer, control panel...
  7. How to uninstall or disable the caps lock pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...: I uninstalled my wifi driver mistakenly and after that I reset it but now I am not able to login in my laptop without wifi so what I have to do to use my laptop?...
  9. I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...

I uninstalled my wifi drivers and reset the PC but after that I am not able to login with...: I uninstalled my wifi driver mistakenly and after that I reset it but now I am not able to login in my laptop without wifi so what I have to do to use my laptop?...
  10. How to block and uninstall Chrome Apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to block and uninstall Chrome Apps?: Hi,Just need your help please.We have a few users who has downloaded the Youtube App from Chrome. It can be downloaded by going to Youtube.com using chrome and clicking on this icon located on the top right corner.It can be installed without admin permissions and we want to...